An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
21-05-2012, 08:16   #1
Brendog
Registered User
 
Brendog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Danger Zone
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via MSN to Brendog
An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman.

I know this is a terrible way to start off the week but here we go.

I was out last night at a going away party for my friend who is going to America. Everyone was having a few drinks, having a laugh. Then most of my friends left because they were in work this morning so I said to this guy that I've known for a few years that I'd walk home with him as the pub isn't that far from our houses.

All was good until he jumped me. He punched me in the face and started kicking me while I was on the ground. It only stopped when a taxi driver ran over and dragged me into his car. He brought me home and wouldn't take the money I offered him. My eye is badly swollen and bloodshot but I can't help but think it would've been much worse.


I just want to say Thank you to this amazing guy. I don't know who you are but I would just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and I wish there were more people like you in this country.
Brendog is offline  
(126) thanks from:
ash23, ASJ112, BattleCorp, bb1234567, bbuzz, beks101, bgrizzley, Big Nasty, BillyMitchel, Blowfish, Bluefoam, BluesBerry, Borat_Sagdiyev, branbee, budgese, BunShopVoyeur, cabbage kid, Captain Darling, ch750536, coco_lola, cofy, Corruptedmorals, daenerysstormborn3, Daniel S, dark crystal, daysleeper, deconduo, DeeRottie, diceyreilly, DublinWriter, e04bf0c8, Earthhorse, El Inho, endurodave, ErinGoBrath, FatherLen, flutterflye, foxinsox, Frada, frisbeeface, FutureGuy, garysully1986, gerrybbadd, Gurgle, herisson, housetypeb, i heart chewy louie, ibarelycare, Itwasntme., IvyTheTerrible, James Forde, josephsoap, JuliusCaesar, JustAddWater, K-9, kenon, kerry4sam, Kev.OC, kildare.17hmr, KKkitty, Knex., languagenerd, Larianne, Laura_lolly87, Ledger, Links234, Little Miss Lady, littleredspot, Loopy, mackg, MB Lacey, meercat, meoklmrk91, Mickey Lover, Mickjg, minidazzler, monkeysnapper, Mr Freeze, Namlub, neil_hosey, Noreen1, Nothingbetter2d, Onesimus, paddy kerins, paligulus1, Pandora2, phill106, pickarooney, Pompey Magnus, Praetorian Saighdiuir, problemchimp, Redlion, Rented Mule, RichieC, ronnie3585, sarah88, Schism, ScienceNerd, Sergeant, Silvics, staker, stankratz, Susie_Q, suzie987, SW, Taltos, Tea-a-Maria, The Big Red Button, The Snipe, ThinkAboutIt, Thwip!, Tigger, Turtwig, ucd.1985, Umekichi, Varied, Washington Irving, waterfordgirl, wes, Where To, whoopsadaisydoodles, wonderfulname, yermandan, zero19, ziggy23, _Godot_
Advertisement
21-05-2012, 08:18   #2
galwayrush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Galway
Posts: 14,279
You met The Citizen.
galwayrush is offline  
21-05-2012, 08:18   #3
splashthecash
Registered User
 
splashthecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,528
U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendog View Post
I know this is a terrible way to start off the week but here we go.

I was out last night at a going away party for my friend who is going to America. Everyone was having a few drinks, having a laugh. Then most of my friends left because they were in work this morning so I said to this guy that I've known for a few years that I'd walk home with him as the pub isn't that far from our houses.

All was good until he jumped me. He punched me in the face and started kicking me while I was on the ground. It only stopped when a taxi driver ran over and dragged me into his car. He brought me home and wouldn't take the money I offered him. My eye is badly swollen and bloodshot but I can't help but think it would've been much worse.


I just want to say Thank you to this amazing guy. I don't know who you are but I would just like to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart and I wish there were more people like you in this country.
Awful story OP - glad to hear you are alright but can I ask what the f**k made this guy you know a few years jump you?? That sounds crazy!!
splashthecash is offline  
21-05-2012, 08:21   #4
martingriff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,262
Good on the taxi driver a lot of people would have kept going as sometimes if it is a domestic the 2 can turn on you. Why did this guy who you knew for years go beserk. Are you going to report it or confront him (not on your own obviously)?
martingriff is offline  
21-05-2012, 08:23   #5
rubberdiddies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashthecash View Post

Awful story OP - glad to hear you are alright but can I ask what the f**k made this guy you know a few years jump you?? That sounds crazy!!
Hopefully he'll have enough time in prison to think about what he's done
rubberdiddies is offline  
Advertisement
21-05-2012, 08:26   #6
abouttobebanned
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,811
WTF? What kind of freak was this guy? Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.
abouttobebanned is offline  
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2012, 08:30   #8
budgese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,081
Thanks for a story that shows there are good people out there....

Unfortunately it also shows there are bad people out there

I'm glad you're ok OP - but surely you've gone to the police and give a statement before coming into AH to post a thread? You know this guy who attacked you?
budgese is offline  
Thanks from:
21-05-2012, 08:31   #9
Duggys Housemate
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,246
Bit odd, this story
Duggys Housemate is offline  
Advertisement
21-05-2012, 08:31   #10
MagicMarker
Registered User
 
MagicMarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pale Blue Dot
Posts: 31,028
OP, maybe he thought you were going to give him a bit of teh ghey when you offered to walk him home?
MagicMarker is online now  
21-05-2012, 08:55   #11
Spunge
Registered User
 
Spunge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,526
Guy youve known for a few years randomly starts kicking the **** out of you. What the fúck
Spunge is offline  
21-05-2012, 08:57   #12
the groutch
Registered User
 
the groutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11,838
sounds like there's a vital chunk of the story missing.
someone you've known for years doesnt just randomly start beating the **** out of you, even if they've been drinking
the groutch is offline  
21-05-2012, 09:02   #13
Jesus Shaves
Registered User
 
Jesus Shaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nazareth
Posts: 2,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttobebanned View Post
WTF? What kind of freak was this guy? Hope you reported him and get his ass behind bars for 10+ years.
What planet are you on? he'd be lucky to get any time behind bars
Jesus Shaves is offline  
21-05-2012, 09:07   #14
du Maurier
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,178
I suppose he's not invited to your 21st in July now?
du Maurier is offline  
21-05-2012, 09:08   #15
whoopsadaisydoodles
Nee Naw Nee Naw Nee Naw
 
whoopsadaisydoodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 30,106
Jesus OP, glad you're alright. What a nutcase.
whoopsadaisydoodles is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet