Mobiles: Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile - Page 20 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2012, 08:01   #286
dahamsta
Banned

As has already been said in this thread, mobile phone companies aren't lenders, so they don't have access to credit reports and have to make decisions based on other information. And you can't be defamed to yourself. Your friend was talking out their hat.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-05-2012, 08:09   #287
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay2010 View Post
Guys, I can confirm that the S3 will DEFINITELY be available on this deal, I will update you when prices become available.

I finally got my hands on a few vouchers if people want to PM me.

Pm sent
26-05-2012, 10:51   #288
SQ2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
As has already been said in this thread, mobile phone companies aren't lenders, so they don't have access to credit reports and have to make decisions based on other information. And you can't be defamed to yourself. Your friend was talking out their hat.
She may have been misinformed, but she wasn't talking out of her headwear. She was unhappy (to say the least) that their employee had falsely accused her of having a poor credit history.
26-05-2012, 13:30   #289
nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklerosco View Post
The selection of phones for the offer is the same as the normal emobile selection... You can see that on their website.https://secure.emobile.ie/app/path3p...execution=e1s3

On another topic.. There is something up with me being able to avail of this offer. My folks got the voucher in the post, I was able to use it. Applied for the offer but it was rejected on credit terms.. Makes no sense to me as I've been working the last 8yrs solid and have a decent credit history (not that they check it). Anyways, now they've disabled the voucher code so I can no longer make an application.

My only thinking is that emobile and meteor are the same company and my monthly bill is worth €100+ a month to meteor they don't want me to move from meteor as they can make more money off me that way.. Bit of a joke the way I've been treated.. Will be banging off another email over the weekend to see what the story is.
They're looking at the credit history linked to the voucher, which would be your folks history with eircom if its their code. Nothing else. They're not a bank.
26-05-2012, 18:46   #290
DeepBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge Bob View Post
That is the biggest problem eMobile have...that and rural coverage....the staff is very pleasant but clueless and untrained.
So their reception outside towns and cities is crap? I would have assumed that they had at least as much coverage as meteor.
Advertisement
26-05-2012, 19:48   #291
unklerosco

Send a message via Skype™ to unklerosco
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm View Post
They're looking at the credit history linked to the voucher, which would be your folks history with eircom if its their code. Nothing else. They're not a bank.
Still strikes me as odd, my folks have been with eircom since, well since before it was eircom. Never missed a bill etc. It just strikes me as odd....
26-05-2012, 21:33   #292
Eoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
So their reception outside towns and cities is crap? I would have assumed that they had at least as much coverage as meteor.
They are meteor so will have exactly the same coverage.
(2) thanks from:
26-05-2012, 22:37   #293
Lash_Alert

Got my HTC One X Yesterday. Very happy so far!

The gf is thinking about joining up, but is concerned the signal in her area may not be great. Anyone know their policy with returns on bill contract phones?

Thanks in advance
26-05-2012, 22:43   #294
Eoin

Get a payg sim and just try it out.
Advertisement
26-05-2012, 23:36   #295
ArtyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash_Alert View Post
Got my HTC One X Yesterday. Very happy so far!

The gf is thinking about joining up, but is concerned the signal in her area may not be great. Anyone know their policy with returns on bill contract phones?

Thanks in advance
There are a few days grace period during which you can cancel and return, as far as I understand.
27-05-2012, 12:53   #296
BArra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
They are meteor so will have exactly the same coverage.
to throw a spanner in the works..

I was with meteor and swapped to emobile this week

reception at my home address with meteor was terrible, dropped calls, failed delivery of texts, unable to take calls in certain rooms. worst reception i ever had. it was extremely frustrating.

with emobile i have none of those issues, stable reception, clear calls

how is it better when on some level they are the same network? im not entirely sure
27-05-2012, 12:58   #297
teddy b123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BArra View Post
to throw a spanner in the works..

I was with meteor and swapped to emobile this week

reception at my home address with meteor was terrible, dropped calls, failed delivery of texts, unable to take calls in certain rooms. worst reception i ever had. it was extremely frustrating.

with emobile i have none of those issues, stable reception, clear calls

how is it better when on some level they are the same network? im not entirely sure
They also have their own 3G network
27-05-2012, 13:05   #298
Vertigo100

PM sent although I am prob late to the party
28-05-2012, 08:05   #299
du Maurier
Closed Account

Has anyone here got a spare voucher number?
28-05-2012, 09:46   #300
Log-on

ive tried 3 account numbers of family and no joy, my contact just ended so will have no phone soon. if anybody has a spare one please let me know! other wise ill have to call and go back to three!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion