Charolais bulls in Dovea - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-04-2012, 00:21   #1
Muckit

Charolais bulls in Dovea

Anyone going to try or tried LSP (Liscally ETI) ?

Stuck him in a Ped charolais cow yesterday.
Advertisement
29-04-2012, 07:30   #2
john mayo 10

was thinking bout using him alrite .I used CXY from dovea on 3 cows last year .Calfs were born in the last month and very happy with them.Also used PIO from dovea on 4 cows . 1 has calfed amd hes going to be a huge weanling
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 08:07   #3
john mayo 10

29-04-2012, 14:42   #4
Muckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by john mayo 10 View Post
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]
Yes if he's by domino, he's a good bull. Through pirate into the mix aswell and you've onto a winner
29-04-2012, 15:10   #5
vanderbadger
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckit View Post
Anyone going to try or tried LSP (Liscally ETI) ?

Stuck him in a Ped charolais cow yesterday.
will you have to semen royalty fees if you register a calf by him ?
Advertisement
29-04-2012, 15:18   #6
Muckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbadger View Post
will you have to pay semen royalty fees if you register a calf by him ?
I paid €30 for to get her Ai'd. I assumed that some of that was towards that.

If i have a whopper of a live calf out of her next January I won't mind if I've a few extra pound to pay. I don't think I will though. Perhaps somebody else knows?
29-04-2012, 16:19   #7
BeeDI
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckit View Post
I paid €30 for to get her Ai'd. I assumed that some of that was towards that.

If i have a whopper of a live calf out of her next January I won't mind if I've a few extra pound to pay. I don't think I will though. Perhaps somebody else knows?
One thing about CXY. He definitely needs a tall cow, to get the best out of his offspring.
29-04-2012, 22:24   #8
Bizzum
Closed Account

I haven't used any of the new bulls at Dovea yet but a bull I used, and bred well for us is Roundhill Doc (RHI). Not hard calved, and a lot of style to the calves. I would think on good second calvers he would work well.
29-04-2012, 23:10   #9
Muckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzum View Post
I haven't used any of the new bulls at Dovea yet but a bull I used, and bred well for us is Roundhill Doc (RHI). Not hard calved, and a lot of style to the calves. I would think on good second calvers he would work well.
RHI was my first choice He hadn't any in the tank so decided to chance LSP. Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed

There's alot of truth to what the AI man said to me... you need to be trying new upcoming bulls when pedigree breeding as alot of older bull genes already in the suckler herd

Last edited by Muckit; 29-04-2012 at 23:13.
Advertisement
30-04-2012, 10:15   #10
Figerty

I have a PIO weanling calf and he is a big lad, show calf from a Charlois cow,,, problem was getting him out, had to section.
Choose him for easy calving cows, but he has a massive arse and hips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john mayo 10 View Post
was thinking bout using him alrite .I used CXY from dovea on 3 cows last year .Calfs were born in the last month and very happy with them.Also used PIO from dovea on 4 cows . 1 has calfed amd hes going to be a huge weanling
30-04-2012, 19:59   #11
Bigbird1

CXY is really producing the goods according to a local AI man, says they hes the best Charolais bull Dovea have shape and style, LSP is a super looking bull i seen him at Tullamore show before they bought him,breeding well aswel i heard, i have used Alibaba and Furey Action in the last 2 years both hard enough calved,i liked Alibaba the best good long shapey calves light boned though.

I used TZA and the culard LANZAC in the past,both bred good cattle on the right cow. i heard LSP had a price tag of in the region of €20,000, so their is a lot expected from him.
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 20:01   #12
Bigbird1

I think a pedigree royalty of about €30 apply s at time of registration, im not 100% sure on this.
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 20:36   #13
Bizzum
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird1 View Post
used Fury Action in the last 2 years both hard enough calved
What did you make of the Fury Action calves apart from them hard calved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird1 View Post
I think a pedigree royalty of about €30 apply s at time of registration, im not 100% sure on this.
The Society stop the fee at registration alright. Different bulls have different royalty fees. The AI stations often have a list of the fees. In a way I'd sooner this than paying a premium up front for the straw. At least you only pay once,when the straw is a success!
30-04-2012, 20:55   #14
whymeagain

i`ve a bull out of cottage devon a rat of a calf out of a good pb cow, i got an invoice for 75 euro for registering him . not worth it
30-04-2012, 22:04   #15
Richk2012
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzum View Post
I had a RHI heifer calf in December out of a CF52 fourth calver . Very small born and still isnt wonderful .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion