Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-04-2012, 16:16   #31
CIARAN_BOYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallegend View Post
Should have just checked it myself before I typed the question really.

Anyway, really happy with that Leinster team. No major surprises, Nacewa and D'Arcy were always going to be rested so the only question was who would slot in. Thought D Kearney was excellent against Embra last week so glad to see him get the nod, also looking forward to seeing Ferg at 12 with BOD outside him.

Back-row is interesting, specifically Ryan getting in ahead of Jennings. Not sure how to read this, but it's probably an indication that McLaughlin will keep his spot for the Clermont game.

Ulster team is strong enough too; I suppose the main area of interest there was what front row they'd send out in Afoa's absence. I'm glad they're not trying to shift Court to TH as was suggested by some, hopefully Fitzpatrick will put in a decent showing (but not too good...)
I'd have had Best on the bench and given him 20 minutes, just so he doesn't go into the semi with no rugby since the quarter.

Heres hoping that Fitzpatrick can do a job for Ulster he is just coming back off injury. I think the plan might have been court but he came off the worse from playing TH last week against young Buckley in Connacht.
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 16:40   #32
.ak

To be honest I wouldn't read too much into the Ryan thing. I'd put money on our backrow being locky, SOB, heaslip.Jennings on the bench.

However JS said at the beginning of the season that if they wanted to compete in both comps you'd need two different starting sides. I think if we progress further in the hcup we'll need Ryan in full swing for the pro12 so he needs all the game time possible.
19-04-2012, 16:45   #33
irishbucsfan

Ryan was superb against Clermont last season (remember his tackle of the year?). They are big boys, if he has a big game v. Ulster I think he could usurp Jennings, just for that physicality.
19-04-2012, 17:31   #34
decisions
Closed Account

I love the look of the team, the back row with SOB at 8, the center partnership and the Kearneys together. I expect a good win setting us up for next weekend.

Last edited by decisions; 19-04-2012 at 17:36.
19-04-2012, 17:32   #35
[Jackass]

He's definitely not there yet, but someday will replace Jennings.

I'd have McFadden ahead of D'Arcy myself, so glad to see that midfield combo, even if it is just out of rotation. Could be an interesting little look at the back-row. Perhaps Schmidt tinkering with the idea of not needing a trade off between McLoughlin for his line out ability or Jennings for his ground work, and taking a look at having his cake and eating it with either SOB or Heaslip at 8? You never know with Joe...

Also, maybe Fitz and Kearney jr. on trial for the final back 3 place? Dave Kearney has been superb lately.

Cullen & Thorn is interesting too. I think they're both good physical players at the breakdown, and Toner can make a good impact off the bench. I'm impressed more and more with Toner by the day, but for now I would have that combo.

Next season is when we can start looking at a Cullen or Toner debate imo. We need our captain and don't want to rock the boat too much.

Nice selection from Ulster, will be looking out for Jackson, he's a great prospect.

As for the result, as long as there are no injuries, I couldn't care less. The playbook will be well under lock and key from both sides tomorrow night. Don't expect to see too many training ground moves coming out.
Advertisement
20-04-2012, 14:09   #36
chancer12

Can't watch match due to company 'do'. Will anyone be showing it in the coming days?
20-04-2012, 14:15   #37
I am pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIARAN_BOYLE View Post
I'd have had Best on the bench and given him 20 minutes, just so he doesn't go into the semi with no rugby since the quarter.

Heres hoping that Fitzpatrick can do a job for Ulster he is just coming back off injury. I think the plan might have been court but he came off the worse from playing TH last week against young Buckley in Connacht.
I think it is a massive ask for Fitzpatrick. No game time since Nov. Fingers crossed he puts a good shift in
20-04-2012, 14:21   #38
totallegend
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancer12 View Post
Can't watch match due to company 'do'. Will anyone be showing it in the coming days?
Yeah, setanta are showing it 10 am Saturday morning. If you don't have Setanta, the RTE player should have it.
20-04-2012, 19:04   #39
justsomebloke
Beards are cool!!!

Mod: Rugby
Woohooooooo beer and rugby time finally
Advertisement
20-04-2012, 19:06   #40
molloyjh

George Hamilton!? Awwwww. Why couldn't the OLSC complain about THAT?????
Thanks from:
20-04-2012, 19:10   #41
thomond2006

Dom Ryan wins a turnover.
20-04-2012, 19:13   #42
techdiver

Is anyone watching on RTE 2 HD? Not even close to HD quality!
20-04-2012, 19:14   #43
irishbucsfan

Red sea
20-04-2012, 19:14   #44
CIARAN_BOYLE

Lovely move there leads to a soft try scored by McLaughlin
20-04-2012, 19:14   #45
thomond2006

Try KmcL

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic