Leaving Cert Music Practical Tips - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-04-2012, 13:02   #16
rcaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.B View Post
Barry....hows it really considered music still is beyond me! At times you can "sort of" see what he tries to do, but honestly, he's just trying to be controversial for the sake of being controversial, it in no-way re-defines music !
It's not even controversial, he wrote it in 1992, it could have easily come out in the 50s at Darmstadt or something. Did they say something about him trying to redefine stuff?
I have no idea why they teach the music they do. If you want to get students into contemporary music, you don't throw them into stuff like Barry and Deane, not even contemporary music fans like Barry and Deane

I swear, put me in charge of the leaving cert, I'll make you a ****in' unreal syllabus of tunes
Advertisement
27-04-2012, 20:18   #17
abbevilleson

Hey
Had my practical yesterday... I did 4 singing and technology... I realsied when i was doing my edits to the technology i transposed it from Bb to C and it went down the octave meaning it was out of range for a descant recorder... Do ye think ill lose many marks for this??
27-04-2012, 23:05   #18
M.R.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaz View Post
It's not even controversial, he wrote it in 1992, it could have easily come out in the 50s at Darmstadt or something. Did they say something about him trying to redefine stuff?
I have no idea why they teach the music they do. If you want to get students into contemporary music, you don't throw them into stuff like Barry and Deane, not even contemporary music fans like Barry and Deane

I swear, put me in charge of the leaving cert, I'll make you a ****in' unreal syllabus of tunes
You and me both mate. Its so backwards in so many ways, but then again we have to take into accpunt the great knowledge that the 89 year old nuns who have been teaching music for 45 years, and obviously they know more than us !
28-04-2012, 01:56   #19
Meehanmeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by run_forest_run View Post
Doing my music practical on monday (23rd of April) im singing 6 songs...any tips for a successful performance?
Gesticulate with your hands while singing, much more interesting that a singer clinging onto the mic stand like it's a life raft, and bring water.
28-04-2012, 01:58   #20
Meehanmeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaz View Post

Entire sections of the exams devoted to Stevie Wonder and the Jackson 5.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion