Making "Real" Halo Armor - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-06-2012, 11:17   #16
serjical_strike

Send a message via MSN to serjical_strike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBrugha View Post
Boba Fett was awkward, it seemed at the start that
there wasn't that many pieces but there were. Yeah the resin is crazy, you gotta move very fast when using it due to the short pot life! I get quite angry when it turns to jelly! I also usually have a hair dryer beside my to give it some heat to dry fast when I'm done!

I picked up a pot of Isopon p38 too, I haven't tried it yet though :/ I've to finish resining the Boba helmet and halo helmet first and then I've another smaller halo helmet to do and I was working on a Skyrim helmet this weekend for a guy in work... so right now I'm trying to get all of what I'm making to the same stage.

i'll stick up some pics of what i did over the weekend later!
ah that hair dryer tip will come in very handy.!! i was thinking of a skyrim helmet eventually too and just came across a pep file for cyclops from xmen's visor from the 90's cartoon so might do that after awhile, seems like a small build too!!

when i see the jelly.. i start freaking out lol!!

is there any pepakura forum/board on here besides this.? iron man isnt exactly halo-ish!!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-06-2012, 11:46   #17
SamBrugha

I don't think there is, i might enquire about getting this thread moved to art or something!
26-06-2012, 12:08   #18
SamBrugha

Daedric Kid sized Helm Resined inside and out! boooooom

More pictures here!
(3) thanks from:
20-09-2012, 15:11   #19
SamBrugha

I've been distracted from this with work and other projects. Update coming soon.
Thanks from:
16-11-2012, 11:03   #20
martomcg

This might be a stupid question but how does this pepakura craic work? Do you buy the flat packed pieces in a box? Print out templates and fold it? I'm very interested in this!!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-11-2012, 21:05   #21
marko93

Jesuss, they all look fantastic. Keep it up!
Thanks from:
29-11-2012, 10:47   #22
SamBrugha

Quote:
Originally Posted by martomcg View Post
This might be a stupid question but how does this pepakura craic work? Do you buy the flat packed pieces in a box? Print out templates and fold it? I'm very interested in this!!

You download Pepakura software and then find what you want to build. The software allows you to print out the pieces for your build and then you glue it together (id recommend using a glue gun, as it glues a lot quicker!). each piece of the puzzle has a flap that fold or an edge you glue to a flap! and that's pretty much it! The software numbers each side so its you can find the pieces blah blah blah.It may sound easy but you have to have the sides perfectly aligned when gluing or it can screw up your hole project.

I need to get back to this stuff, its very time consuming and can cost a bit of money to do, its better to buy in bulk when getting resin and body filler, but you only get your monies worth if you're making a few things. but buying in bulk could save you hundreds of euros.
29-11-2012, 10:50   #23
SamBrugha

Also check out the reason why i havent finished the helmets yet, this sucked away my money and time for a while at the end of the summer...

Mr. Christmas the Giant Head thread
29-11-2012, 13:08   #24
urbanledge

NIce work man!
The head for KoC was class.
Where did you get plans/software for this stuff?
I've a laser cutter
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-12-2012, 16:12   #25
SamBrugha

The plans are all over the gaf! i got the ones one 4 shared some where! had to unfold the render myself though! The software is on the pepakura site! if you Google for the software you'll find it! you can find useful info on sites like the 405th.com

You have a laser cutter? Please tell me more!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion