UFC Sweden showing in what pubs in Dublin - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-04-2012, 15:42   #1
Turbo_diesel

UFC Sweden showing in what pubs in Dublin

Will be out in town Saturday anyone know any pubs that will show the UFC?
Advertisement
13-04-2012, 20:18   #2
El Guapo!

The Woolshed is usually a good bet for showing sports. Give them a ring first and see what they say. It's a decent spot too so I'm sure they'd get a lot of extra business if they did show it.
(2) thanks from:
13-04-2012, 21:43   #3
John Ferguson

NV on Leeson St would be a safe bet!
Thanks from:
13-04-2012, 21:48   #4
Minstrel27
Closed Account

ESPN not showing it live
13-04-2012, 23:25   #5
adamski8
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrel27 View Post
ESPN not showing it live
Ahh bollocks, its been so long since the last one
Advertisement
13-04-2012, 23:27   #6
El Guapo!

It's just on a tape delay. It's being shown on ESPN at 10:15pm.
(2) thanks from:
14-04-2012, 10:18   #7
Turbo_diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean09 View Post
It's just on a tape delay. It's being shown on ESPN at 10:15pm.
Bloody ESPN it's not like we get many UFC events in Europe that you get to watch live! I honestly hope sky get the rights when their up I would imagine they would give it better coverage.
14-04-2012, 12:25   #8
John Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_diesel View Post
Bloody ESPN it's not like we get many UFC events in Europe that you get to watch live! I honestly hope sky get the rights when their up I would imagine they would give it better coverage.
I'm not sure Sky Sports are interested in live MMA to be fair. When the ESPN deal finishes in my eyes it would make more sense for Zuffa to create their own channel (similar system to Celtic TV, Man U TV etc) showing all the UFC, TUF and Strike Force stuff.
14-04-2012, 13:19   #9
El Guapo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ferguson View Post
I'm not sure Sky Sports are interested in live MMA to be fair. When the ESPN deal finishes in my eyes it would make more sense for Zuffa to create their own channel (similar system to Celtic TV, Man U TV etc) showing all the UFC, TUF and Strike Force stuff.
The only problem with that is would they charge a monthly subscription and you get all events included in that price? Or would they still charge ppv for the big events? I don't think it'd be in their interest to charge the ppv fees to the fans in Europe and the rest of the world yet. They'd probably need to build up the fanbase first and wait till the sport is more mainstream before having a worldwide ppv system.
I think it's only a matter of time before Sky gets their hands on it tbh. I'd rather they didn't though as it suits me to have it for free on ESPN and FX.
Advertisement
14-04-2012, 13:34   #10
John Ferguson

Quote:
The only problem with that is would they charge a monthly subscription and you get all events included in that price? Or would they still charge ppv for the big events? I don't think it'd be in their interest to charge the ppv fees to the fans in Europe and the rest of the world yet. They'd probably need to build up the fanbase first and wait till the sport is more mainstream before having a worldwide ppv system.
I think it's only a matter of time before Sky gets their hands on it tbh. I'd rather they didn't though as it suits me to have it for free on ESPN and FX.
I reckon a sensible system would be something like:

Monthly subscription to cover all non PPV UFC content

PPV events discounted to subscribers but still available at full cost to non subscribers.

TUF, Strike Force and other content Free to Air
Thanks from:
14-04-2012, 13:47   #11
El Guapo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ferguson View Post
I reckon a sensible system would be something like:

Monthly subscription to cover all non PPV UFC content

PPV events discounted to subscribers but still available at full cost to non subscribers.

TUF, Strike Force and other content Free to Air
That makes sense but it'd still cost a lot to be a fan. Let's say they charge €30 a month subscription to the channel. And then approx 2 ppv events a month @ about €25 each. That's €80 a month to follow the sport. That's a bit steep. The discounted rate would need to be pretty good or people would just go back to the illegal streams.
14-04-2012, 14:22   #12
adamski8
Closed Account

Quote:
That makes sense but it'd still cost a lot to be a fan. Let's say they charge €30 a month subscription to the channel. And then approx 2 ppv events a month @ about €25 each. That's €80 a month to follow the sport. That's a bit steep. The discounted rate would need to be pretty good or people would just go back to the illegal streams.
€30 a month? i doubt they would make it that high or that people would pay it! €5-10 per month is more sensible or make the ppv part of the €30 per month
14-04-2012, 14:50   #13
John Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski8 View Post
€30 a month? i doubt they would make it that high or that people would pay it! €5-10 per month is more sensible or make the ppv part of the €30 per month
I was thinking around the €9.99 per month mark. With subscribers getting PPV events for €9.99 too
14-04-2012, 15:07   #14
cowzerp

I don't think they'd go that route right now-would turn away most the casual fans and they would lose lot's of potential future fans too.
Thanks from:
14-04-2012, 15:19   #15
John Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowzerp View Post
I don't think they'd go that route right now-would turn away most the casual fans and they would lose lot's of potential future fans too.
I reckon it could have the opposite effect if there was enough free content. A dedicated 24 hour channel with TUF, Strike Force and other related programming (including UFC back catalogue) free to air. The subscription would only cover live events.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion