Formula 1 Round Three: China - Page 10 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-04-2012, 14:20   #136
Lawlesz

Does anyone know any websites where the highlights can be viewed online? I just recently moved to Cyprus and can't get iPlayer or Sky online
Advertisement
15-04-2012, 15:16   #137
armitage_skanks

Was there a reason Schumi didn't slowly bring the car around to the pits for a new rear tyre?

In years gone by he'd drive back on 3 wheels if that's what it took.
15-04-2012, 15:33   #138
Brian_Zeluz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie500 View Post
This race was another example of how little an effect drs has had on f1. Apart from turkey last year it hasnt been a primary factor in races, the high deg tyres are what provide overtaking and good races.

What is your complaint with drs for this race?
My complaint is not just with DRS in this race but with the whole point of it in the first place. You've just made my point, with a combination of the pirelli tyres and kers there is no need for a contrived and restricted performance aid in the form of DRS. Furthermore if the FIA wanted a solution to the lack of passing because of the aerodynamic regulations which they set which have spawned cars that create so much turbulence that the car behind cannot pass then why didn't they just change the regulations to remove this issue instead of taking the easy route of not fixing the root cause of the problem and just fixing the side effect. Seems a little silly to say the least but that's just my opinion which to be honest doesn't matter a damn because as you've pointed out DRS has had little effect when compared to the high deg tyres.

Which brings me to my final point. Consider this: would you have a second liver transplanted in yourself even though you already have a perfectly good working liver? No, of course not because that's absurd. Similarly does formula 1 need DRS and all that goes with it (R+D, money spent etc.)? No because it already has a perfectly good way of increasing the number of passes in a race thanks to the high deg pirelli tyres. DRS is Dumb Restrictive and Superfluous.
15-04-2012, 17:15   #139
Sheeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Zeluz View Post
My complaint is not just with DRS in this race but with the whole point of it in the first place. You've just made my point, with a combination of the pirelli tyres and kers there is no need for a contrived and restricted performance aid in the form of DRS. Furthermore if the FIA wanted a solution to the lack of passing because of the aerodynamic regulations which they set which have spawned cars that create so much turbulence that the car behind cannot pass then why didn't they just change the regulations to remove this issue instead of taking the easy route of not fixing the root cause of the problem and just fixing the side effect. Seems a little silly to say the least but that's just my opinion which to be honest doesn't matter a damn because as you've pointed out DRS has had little effect when compared to the high deg tyres.

Which brings me to my final point. Consider this: would you have a second liver transplanted in yourself even though you already have a perfectly good working liver? No, of course not because that's absurd. Similarly does formula 1 need DRS and all that goes with it (R+D, money spent etc.)? No because it already has a perfectly good way of increasing the number of passes in a race thanks to the high deg pirelli tyres. DRS is Dumb Restrictive and Superfluous.
Calm down.
15-04-2012, 18:29   #140
Kevski

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage_skanks View Post
Was there a reason Schumi didn't slowly bring the car around to the pits for a new rear tyre?

In years gone by he'd drive back on 3 wheels if that's what it took.
The wheel could easily have come off and hit another driver or people in the crowd.
Advertisement
15-04-2012, 18:42   #141
Inquitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevski View Post
The wheel could easily have come off and hit another driver or people in the crowd.
His interview from the pits after his retirement was pure class from the man, who in his earlier career had little.
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2012, 18:50   #142
Myrddin
Category Moderator

Great race, really enjoyable. Gutted for Schumi, but seeing the two McLarens & Webber pass out the finger kid more than made up for it.

Well done to Rosberg, very dominant showing from start to finish.
Thanks from:
15-04-2012, 19:33   #143
Buttonftw

Whoever does the strategy for Kimi should be waking up with a horse's head next to him tomorrow. Hopefully Schumacher gets another chance for a podium this season.
15-04-2012, 20:35   #144
ottostreet
Closed Account

Lotus strategy.

What the ****? Every pitstop shuffled him further down the order, and then they decide 28 laps on a set of soft tyres is grand. Shocking stuff.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-04-2012, 10:29   #145
freestyla

Rosberg took his first win at his 111th race. Mercedes had their first ever race win 111 years ago http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/m...ition-success/
Thanks from:
19-04-2012, 00:21   #146
conzy

Send a message via MSN to conzy
Just had a chance to watch this, great race, exciting stuff and delighted for the Mercedes team, cant wait to see the first Schumi win 10 times more exciting than the 2011 season already
(2) thanks from:
19-04-2012, 01:40   #147
Jordan 191

Send a message via Yahoo to Jordan 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by conzymaher View Post
10 times more exciting than the 2011 season already
It sure is. 3 different drivers and 3 different teams winning so far. After what happened in the season so far, I'm looking forward to the race in Bahrain to see if it throws up another surprise.
(2) thanks from:
19-04-2012, 07:28   #148
vectra
"Quick Silver"

Send a message via Skype™ to vectra
Kimi win and Schumi on step 2 would be a nice surprise
(2) thanks from:
19-04-2012, 14:50   #149
recyclebin

It's been 2008 since we've seen a race winner outside the big 4 (redbull, mclaren, ferrari and mercedes) and that was Vettel in a Toro Rosso.

I'd like to see one of the smaller teams get a win sooner or later.

I hope qualifying in Bahrain is as close as China as you couldn't predict anything as they were all so close trying to get into the top 10.
19-04-2012, 17:15   #150
Max_Charger
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclebin View Post
It's been 2008 since we've seen a race winner outside the big 4 (redbull, mclaren, ferrari and mercedes) and that was Vettel in a Toro Rosso.
Rob Kubica should be on that list too *pushes up F1 nerd glasses*

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion