Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-04-2012, 22:04   #16
Crapbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolosenc View Post
As a Canucks fan, I agree. We aren't the team we were last year. We simply aren't scoring enough goals. 3 wins by 3 goals or more in the last 2 months just doesn't scream dominance.

I can see Philly doing a number on the Pens, but if Pittsburgh come out of that one, I can see them winning it too. Although, they have blown a bit hot and cold of late. Jersey and Nashville are my two bolters, anyway.
Nucks fan here too. Totally agree, they were very flat this year. They just aren't playing with the same energy. Very different side. Depends on who we get in the 2nd round. I would hope they would get by LA with ease but they would need to come out hard to change my mind. Plus losing D Sedin for the first few games will definitely changes things. Although going by the last playoffs, they have probably already checked out for the season. Too many star players are not in top form.

Don't wanna see the Pens win it although they have been great to watch (at times). Im rooting for the Red wings if the Canucks get knocked out.
Advertisement
11-04-2012, 22:31   #17
tolosenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapbag View Post
Nucks fan here too. Totally agree, they were very flat this year. They just aren't playing with the same energy. Very different side. Depends on who we get in the 2nd round. I would hope they would get by LA with ease but they would need to come out hard to change my mind. Plus losing D Sedin for the first few games will definitely changes things. Although going by the last playoffs, they have probably already checked out for the season. Too many star players are not in top form.

Don't wanna see the Pens win it although they have been great to watch (at times). Im rooting for the Red wings if the Canucks get knocked out.
Kesler, for one, has just not been at the races.
11-04-2012, 22:57   #18
Crapbag

Yep. I think Canucks to watch for will be Lapierre, Higgins, Edler. Im hoping the new signings step up physically because with the likes of Torres gone, there needs to be someone to generate some energy. Hope Volpatti becomes available and Weise needs to cause some trouble. They can't let the same thing happen again. Out muscled and out worked last year by a number of teams in playoffs.
11-04-2012, 23:09   #19
MrJoeSoap

Mod: Hockey
I watched game six of last years finals to get me in the mood. The team who got the first goal in every game in that series went on to win the game, playoff hockey could write a book in itself on sports psychology. Home advantage and good early starts are massive. On the way home from work now, DYING for the drop of the puck at 12.30am. I'm going to merge the above posts and this post with the playoff thread if thats ok with you guys? The playoff thread last year had a great vibe off it, hoping for more of the same this year.

Last edited by MrJoeSoap; 11-04-2012 at 23:11.
11-04-2012, 23:55   #20
tolosenc

Fine by me.

Just looking at the stats for Boston this year:

Before playing the Canucks in TD Gardens in January, they were 26W 10L 1O (+75 GD) for 53 pts, and since then, they are 23W 18L 3O (-8GD) for 49 pts. It seemed to be a more substantial loss of form than it actually was.
Advertisement
12-04-2012, 00:02   #21
Shanannigan

sneaky setanta sports are showing the live playoff games on setanta sports 1 (the one you have to pay for) while showing repeats on setanta ireland.. that sucks
12-04-2012, 00:28   #22
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanannigan View Post
sneaky setanta sports are showing the live playoff games on setanta sports 1 (the one you have to pay for) while showing repeats on setanta ireland.. that sucks
The worst part is that they're showing absolutely nothing of any use on Setanta Ireland. Surely the intensity of the playoffs in HD would get a big audience on the free channel...

Actually the worst part is having to explain why I'll need the TV, laptop and iPad for the night.
12-04-2012, 00:41   #23
tolosenc

I'm going to sleep now and pick up the game tomorrow. Tempted to watch Flyers @ Pens, but I'll just wind up staying up and watching the Nucks game.
12-04-2012, 00:57   #24
MrJoeSoap

BOOM! Two early goals from Sid and TK and it's a tough task for the Flyers now.
Advertisement
12-04-2012, 03:27   #25
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeSoap View Post
BOOM! Two early goals from Sid and TK and it's a tough task for the Flyers now.
Went three up and it only got tougher, but an incredible comeback from the Flyers and an overtime winner means its theirs to lose now.

Briere's first goal was a clear foot offside though.

Time for bed...
12-04-2012, 12:24   #26
scottmcb04

cant say im overly suprised by the result in vancouver last night, i would like to see the kings put out the canucks as they are a great team to watch... nucks need d sedin back if they are to win the series now, massive game friday night for them...

i dont think the winner was a lucky bounce either, lovely assisst...

the pens completely switched off after the first and just didnt have the same intensity, can see this 1 going the distance tho, flyers got lucky on first goal!

red wings - preds game was riddled with penalties, can def see this series going the distance....

Last edited by scottmcb04; 12-04-2012 at 14:38.
12-04-2012, 13:47   #27
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcb04 View Post
red wings - preds game was riddled with penalties, can def see this period going the distance....
Just saw Shea Weber's assault on Zetterberg this morning, had the game on in the background last night.

Should definitely sit for at least five games after this, but Shanahan has already hinted that Playoff suspensions will be different to the regular season.

There isn't really any precedent for this type of incident since Shanahan took over either, so will be interesting to see what happens.

PS - Vancouver had 27 minutes worth of penalties and gave up two PPG's. That has to stop if they want to have a chance.

Last edited by MrJoeSoap; 12-04-2012 at 13:50.
12-04-2012, 16:33   #28
Rented Mule

Should be interesting to see if there are any health issues with Zetterburg. That is going to be the biggest factor going forward with any discipline.

As I joked on Facebook last night 'Daniel Sedin is a no-go for the Canucks this evening. In other news, Duncan Keith is leading in the Conn Smythe voting'.
12-04-2012, 18:05   #29
Rented Mule

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392950

Predators captain Shea Weber has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg in Nashville's 3-2 victory Wednesday night to open their Western Conference playoff series.
12-04-2012, 18:34   #30
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Mule View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392950

Predators captain Shea Weber has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg in Nashville's 3-2 victory Wednesday night to open their Western Conference playoff series.
$30k for criticising officials, $2.5k for attempting to sucker an opponent and then drive their head into the glass... Riiiiight...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion