Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2012, 22:27   #31
WoollyRedHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Rambo View Post
Well, I doubt the customer found it pointless, as for merits, silver at the ICADs usually means a very sharp campaign that delivered. And that it did.

Amazed you picked such a good, subtle campaign to slam with so much drivel out there. The outdoor stencil look stuff was really good.

(I don't work for he agency, in fact I would indirectly be in competition to them)
I'd be interested to see the criteria....can't see the category winners properly either, you have to email someone for user and password?
Where is the data to suggest that Irish pub has seen an increase in customers due to the ads? Fair enough if I am wrong, but if it has worked, I'm baffled. Don't see it being subtle either, more pointing out the obvious? In any case, it doesn't convince me why I should go and what's different... with chippers they have a day when fish and chips are half-price, that is a convincing reason to get people to go to chippers.

Last edited by WoollyRedHat; 29-03-2012 at 22:33.
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 22:38   #32
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...6&slug=1712840

Pepsi lottery backfired, and people died
Quote:
In a marketing mistake that surely must rank among the world's worst, Pepsi had announced the wrong number. Instead of a single 1-million-peso winner, up to 800,000 bottle caps marked 349 had been printed. And tens of thousands of Filipinos soon began demanding billions of dollars that Pepsi refuses to pay.

The dispute - on which Pepsi has spent millions of dollars - has sparked a Cola War, Philippines-style. Pepsi records show that at least 32 delivery trucks have been stoned, torched or overturned. Armed men have thrown homemade bombs at Pepsi plants and offices.

In the worst incident, police say a fragmentation grenade tossed at a parked Pepsi truck in a Manila suburb Feb. 13 bounced off and killed a schoolteacher and a 5-year-old girl and wounded six other people.
(2) thanks from:
29-03-2012, 22:39   #33
John_Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoollyRedHat View Post
Don't see it being subtle either.
Are you talking about the while camping or just one of the radio ads??
29-03-2012, 22:41   #34
WoollyRedHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Rambo View Post
Are you talking about the while camping or just one of the radio ads??
Radio ads.
29-03-2012, 23:11   #35
Dudess
Closed Account

The broadband one with the smart-arse precocious kids.

The yogurt one with a bunch of bints in a car arriving at a festival in stilleto heels - of course nobody would do that, but these girls are super-girlir and KOOKY!!! They can't walk in the mud so they spot some poor gormless young fella and flutter their eyelashes at him - he unloads all their girlie chick-lit and diet books and creates a path for them with the books, confident he'll get the ride. But those feisty gals storm down the path leaving him bewildered and dejected.
Kunt of an ad.
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 23:42   #36
Pdfile

Send a message via MSN to Pdfile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudess View Post
The broadband one with the smart-arse precocious kids.

The yogurt one with a bunch of bints in a car arriving at a festival in stilleto heels - of course nobody would do that, but these girls are super-girlir and KOOKY!!! They can't walk in the mud so they spot some poor gormless young fella and flutter their eyelashes at him - he unloads all their girlie chick-lit and diet books and creates a path for them with the books, confident he'll get the ride. But those feisty gals storm down the path leaving him bewildered and dejected.
Kunt of an ad.

them plus the coke ad wit the sluts on the strngs...

we all know women are wired... but come on... their only in the office to make the tea and be pretentious... its clear that the only work they will do is move around like a bunch of G33bags and well.. ruin the flow of work.

also, who told eircom it would be a good idea to tell som jailbait to talk to her parents about the fella grooming her ( or atleast thats what it seems like )
29-03-2012, 23:42   #37
Fighting Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithM89 View Post
Post that shite one more time and youre gone.
but it makes me look so cool
29-03-2012, 23:43   #38
Pdfile

Send a message via MSN to Pdfile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Irish View Post
but it makes me look so cool

blast him with pish, i dare ya..
30-03-2012, 00:34   #39
Fighting Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdfile View Post
blast him with pish, i dare ya..
Just pointing out how stupid the saying is
Advertisement
30-03-2012, 00:36   #40
The King of Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Irish View Post
Just pointing out how stupid the saying is
Which is why people always use it ironically, like you did.
30-03-2012, 01:02   #41
AgileMyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoollyRedHat View Post
Just was listening to the Dublin does Fridays ad there. What a crap advertising campaign, just shows how idiotic the Vintners association is.. it basically is saying - The pub is great craic and you should be going more, because you're Irish sure. They'd be better off spending money somewhere else
Isn't the point of the campaign to raise awareness to the product? Would you agree that you are now aware of the product?

Hardly a waste of time just because you don't like the product.
30-03-2012, 01:19   #42
KKkitty

Mine has to be the 48 mobile company ads. Seriously right you can only be with them for 4 years for a start and not all people between the ages of 18 and 22 are as described on the ads. 48 go conquer, 48 gtfo more like.
Thanks from:
30-03-2012, 01:21   #43
Sir Gallagher

The ad about rashers with your one getting married talking to her child like a thick, "Gans Gans is gonna bring you to the church" or something to that effect. Twee, smugg bollox.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion