Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-03-2012, 23:13   #1
hairyprincess

Reporting a post

What happens when a post is reported?

I reported something Saturday night, that I considered seriously derogatory and downright distasteful. I received no acknowledgement of my report, nor was the post removed, or user banned/infracted. (not that I'm suggesting any of that should have been done based solely on my report, but some communication from a mod would have been appreciated). I have seen posters banned/infracted for less

Regards
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 23:21   #2
aidan_walsh

This recent thread pretty much covers your questions, I think.
26-03-2012, 23:27   #3
hairyprincess

Ok it does and it doesn't!

I understand, due to the amount of reports it is not possible to reply to each one individually. I fully appreciate that. But as is the case with the post I reported, no action was taken, so a pm to explain why would be helpful for incidences of future reporting!
Thanks from:
26-03-2012, 23:32   #4
Zaph
Commander of The Internet

There simply aren't the resources to start PMing people when action is (or isn't) taken. We very much appreciate people reporting posts, without them the site just wouldn't function as well as it does. However all our mods are volunteers and to impose on them the requirement to PM people to discuss their actions or inactions isn't really feasible, particularly as some people won't just accept the explanation given and will continue the discussion ad infinitum.
27-03-2012, 20:34   #5
Penn
Well-endowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyprincess View Post
Ok it does and it doesn't!

I understand, due to the amount of reports it is not possible to reply to each one individually. I fully appreciate that. But as is the case with the post I reported, no action was taken, so a pm to explain why would be helpful for incidences of future reporting!
Are you sure no action was taken? If someone is given a warning or infraction, the yellow or red card shows up on the post. If someone is banned though, nothing shows up unless the mod posts something. The mod may have banned or given a warning via PM without indicating it on the thread.
Advertisement
27-03-2012, 23:05   #6
OldGoat
Registered goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Are you sure no action was taken? If someone is given a warning or infraction, the yellow or red card shows up on the post. If someone is banned though, nothing shows up unless the mod posts something. The mod may have banned or given a warning via PM without indicating it on the thread.
...or the matter may have been handled by PM out of public view.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion