Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2012, 23:46   #61
stovelid
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamers75 View Post
Cant wait for Friday
Friday week mate. We've Bohs next Friday and youse on Good Friday.
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 23:48   #62
CSF

Fair play to Rovers, no excuses on our part. We really need a better sub keeper.

Would like to think that was a one-off freak result, in between the ridiculous individual errors we played decent enough I thought.
(2) thanks from:
23-03-2012, 23:49   #63
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovelid View Post
Friday week mate. We've Bohs next Friday and youse on Good Friday.
We have Shels away next week, its not all about you Stovie

Bohs 1st Gonna miss most of it, on the brightside my lad signing for Pats under 13s who are fairly decent.
Thanks from:
23-03-2012, 23:51   #64
CSF

Quote:
We have Shels away next week, its not all about you Stovie

Bohs 1st Gonna miss most of it, on the brightside my lad signing for Pats under 13s who are fairly decent.
What league do Pats schoolboys play in? Have seen no sign of them in schoolboys upto this point.
23-03-2012, 23:52   #65
born2bwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF View Post
Fair play to Rovers, no excuses on our part. We really need a better sub keeper.

Would like to think that was a one-off freak result, in between the ridiculous individual errors we played decent enough I thought.
Agreed. Shels' defence was a complete farce. Stunning.
Don't think it was a great idea to take Conan Byrne off either - the game was over anyway but he was actually having a decent enough match.
Advertisement
24-03-2012, 00:00   #66
dreamers75

Quote:
What league do Pats schoolboys play in? Have seen no sign of them in schoolboys upto this point.
Should be in 13 A next season, there was some "issues" when Mahon was here. Seem to be resolved and the club actually own the schoolboys now. if not my kid aint signing.
24-03-2012, 00:08   #67
CSF

Quote:
Should be in 13 A next season, there was some "issues" when Mahon was here. Seem to be resolved and the club actually own the schoolboys now. if not my kid aint signing.
DDSL?
24-03-2012, 00:08   #68
dreamers75

Quote:
DDSL?
yup
24-03-2012, 00:21   #69
stovelid
Closed Account

Fair play Dreamers. You must be chuffed. My fear is that my sons will want to play Gah because my area is heavy into it.
Advertisement
24-03-2012, 00:28   #70
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovelid View Post
Fair play Dreamers. You must be chuffed. My fear is that my sons will want to play Gah because my area is heavy into it.
My lad has heard about Gah, the fcuk he playing it ..... played for SDFL league team but needed to move from the "worst team in Dublin" to a premier side but wanted to stay with his mates.

Nothing better than answering the door to "certain" DDSL clubs looking to sign your kid (midseason) with an offer of free boots and trip to Man Citys stadium.....with a Pats jersey on. One of them even had a picture of Robbie Keane
(2) thanks from:
24-03-2012, 00:33   #71
SantryRed

No complaints about tonight. Sending off ruined the game but everyone I talked to said it was a red and a peno so can't complain. Was still in the queue buying tickets at that stage. I thought at 1-0 we were the better team but then individual errors cost us from there. No surprise who the errors came from though. Gareth Matthews, Ian Ryan and Paul Skinner are all first division standard players and it showed tonight. I'd actually blame Matthews more than Hurley for the own goal. I think we are good enough to challenge for the Europa League spots on the back of our first four games. If I'd been offered 7 points from playing 4 games which included the top 3 from last year, I'd have bitten your hand off.
24-03-2012, 00:50   #72
Ebbs

Quote:
Nothing better than answering the door to "certain" DDSL clubs looking to sign your kid (midseason) with an offer of free boots and trip to Man Citys stadium.....with a Pats jersey on. One of them even had a picture of Robbie Keane
Back when I played underage ball the likes of Lourdes/Belvo and such used to go around to the poorer lower level league teams and offer the best players a dishwasher/dryer/washing machine if they came to play in the premier/major.

Hilarious this stuff still goes on.
24-03-2012, 00:52   #73
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post

Hilarious this stuff still goes on.
**** im old it was windows in my day
Thanks from:
24-03-2012, 00:53   #74
stovelid
Closed Account

Quote:

As bad a mafia as the gah, some of them.
24-03-2012, 01:23   #75
dfx-

Mod: Soccer
Excellent crowd, longest queues I've seen before a game, easily 200-300 when I was going in at 7.55. A lot of 'covert' Shels fans around me too.

Excellent game...

So it's only Bohs left to score their first goal..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion