Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shenyt77

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

shenyt77 wrote: »
    Hi, do you know the dealine of returning the acceptance form to IRCSET?

Hi shenyt77,

I got an email with the details from IRCSET at the end of the week. The deadline stated for returning the forms, both if you are accepting and not accepting, is the 25th May.

They then await you to forward your exam transcripts up util September if you don't have them by the end of May, and then the whole application is again reviewed based on your exam results to see if they will give you the final approval. It says the earliest date research under the scheme can start is the 1st July, and the latest date is the 1st December.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 selenag

Hii
    Can anyone tell how many applicants are in the reserve list?

Hi shenyt77,

I got an email with the details from IRCSET at the end of the week. The deadline stated for returning the forms, both if you are accepting and not accepting, is the 25th May.

They then await you to forward your exam transcripts up util September if you don't have them by the end of May, and then the whole application is again reviewed based on your exam results to see if they will give you the final approval. It says the earliest date research under the scheme can start is the 1st July, and the latest date is the 1st December.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! It helps a lot!

selenag wrote: »
    Hii
    Can anyone tell how many applicants are in the reserve list?

Hi,

I just know that I'm on the list...but don't how many others

• Advertisement

Hi,

I just know that I'm on the list...but don't how many others
    Thank you Shenyt77. Me too..so waiting for the result and curious to know how many successful applicants accepted and how many turned down.
    Well, are u Irish?

Thank you Shenyt77. Me too..so waiting for the result and curious to know how many successful applicants accepted and how many turned down.
    Well, are u Irish?

No, I'm Chinese, so it will be tougher for me!

Anyway, good luck to both of us!

No, I'm Chinese, so it will be tougher for me!

Anyway, good luck to both of us!
    Ya...good luck to both of us. I guess the list will be updated after 25th May.

Ya...good luck to both of us. I guess the list will be updated after 25th May.

Ya, I think so.

Are you Irish?

Ya, I think so.

Are you Irish?
    No i am an Indian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 StepVheN

Hey how did you find out about the reserve list ?

Is it possible to find out what you scored ?

StepVheN wrote: »
    Hey how did you find out about the reserve list ?

Is it possible to find out what you scored ?

They sent an email to me and said that I was on the list...

Ya they sent me the mail too. But they didn't communicated me the scores!!!

pljudge321 wrote: »
    No, I was told the earlier the better though.
    Hi
    Did you get your score in IRCSET?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jennyhogstrom

Hi!

What are you studying (just out of curiosity)? I didn't get the scholarship and I'm just wondering if my project (cancer biology) affected the application. I have really good grades, did my Master's at a top University, I've worked 1,5 years at one of the most successful cancer labs in Europe, publication on the way, best Master's thesis of the year (didn't know this when I applied but I let them know that this was expected)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That feedback email was a little, um, sparse on details. Would have been nice for some constructive criticism besides a score, but I suppose there were over 300 rejections and that'd be a lot of typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Hi
    Did you get your score in IRCSET?

No, I never even got a reply after I emailed in asking to be withdrawn.

I'm studying electrical engineering if that question by the other poster was addressed to me.

Hi!!! Did you get any response from IRCSET?

Hi!!! Did you get any response from IRCSET?

No, nothing...
    What about you?

No, nothing...
    What about you?
    still waiting.....

• Advertisement

Hi,

I received a conditional offer from IRCSET!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Money is tight here in Ireland right now, so only really excellent applications are getting funded. Kudos to those of you who got one.
    Hi!

What are you studying (just out of curiosity)? I didn't get the scholarship and I'm just wondering if my project (cancer biology) affected the application. I have really good grades, did my Master's at a top University, I've worked 1,5 years at one of the most successful cancer labs in Europe, publication on the way, best Master's thesis of the year (didn't know this when I applied but I let them know that this was expected)..
    The academic quality of the student is only one criterion. You should know more when you get the feedback letter, which gives the breakdown of your application's score. If you were really set on this course for your career, write to whoever was to be your thesis advisor and ask about alternative sources of funding. IRCSET is the biggest, but not the only source of postgrad funding.

Hi,

Wao..that sounds great!
    what is the conditional offer?

mikhail wrote: »
    Money is tight here in Ireland right now, so only really excellent applications are getting funded. Kudos to those of you who got one.

The academic quality of the student is only one criterion. You should know more when you get the feedback letter, which gives the breakdown of your application's score. If you were really set on this course for your career, write to whoever was to be your thesis advisor and ask about alternative sources of funding. IRCSET is the biggest, but not the only source of postgrad funding.
    Hii...can you please tell me other funding agencies where i can apply for?
    I am a non-EU candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xmcam

Hi,

Hey you,
    just wonder how is this conditional offer going? helped my friend with this but no luck, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xmcam

try those supervisors who secured funding from SFI or EI(iirc funding result come out around May), higher salary than IRCSET, not competitive but depends on luck. Alternatively you can also apply for departments' funding, this will need your proposed supervisor to try negotiate with others
    g' luck

I thought someone didn't accept his/her offer...

I thought someone didn't accept his/her offer...
    Hey...what is the condition about?

They said: a conditional offer of scholarship funding to support your postgraduate research

• Advertisement

They said: a conditional offer of scholarship funding to support your postgraduate research
    ok..congrats dear!!

Advertisement