Watch Club Finals online? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-03-2012, 06:39   #1
Freshgrass

Watch Club Finals online?

Hello and a Happy St Patricks Day to all!

I live in Moscow and was hoping to watch the two games in an Irish bar today but all TVs will be showing the 6 nations I've been told. Anybody happen to know where I could watch a live stream?

Thanks.
Advertisement
17-03-2012, 09:27   #2
BiffoGooner

Well there's always the TG4 player on the website.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

I suspect if you're outside of Ireland you may need a proxy to watch it though.
17-03-2012, 09:32   #3
JoseJones

Yeah TG4 player doesn't work outside Ireland and you won't find a working Irish proxy... I'm going to say with 99% certainty that we won't get to see the game. I even tried setting up a PC back in Ireland as a proxy server that I probably would have given a few people access to but I couldn't get it to work .
17-03-2012, 10:38   #4
Clareman

Folks,

There has been a new law passed in Ireland which means that websites can be held responsible for the content that is shared, encouraging people to by-pass copyright protection by looking for "irish proxy server" in google to allow them to watch "Geo-locked" content, that is content that is only viewable by people from a specific country.

Please do not ask for streams or any sites on the forums here, this unfortunately is against Irish law. I don't have any visibility of any discussions over PM though
17-03-2012, 12:23   #5
forfcksake

can you watch aertv.ie outside Ireland? it will be on that if you can
Advertisement
17-03-2012, 12:38   #6
Beagslife

As far as I know, even if you have the TG4 player and it's content available, you won't see the GAA games. They are not shown online, even in Ireland. You will need to seek out a friendly Irish bar or a friend with Irish Sky.

You'd think the GAA would want as many of us, who live outside of Ireland, as possible tuning in to watch these club showcase games.
17-03-2012, 12:52   #7
JoseJones

Edit: maybe shouldn't have said that after the mods comment above. Basically, unblock-us works for RTÉ!
Thanks from:
31-03-2012, 18:20   #8
ShamoBuc

Cross won the replay today on a scoreline of 2-19 v 1-7 - again on TG4.

They were 10 up at ht.

Thoroughly professional win by Cross. Result was never really in any doubt.
Thanks from:
31-03-2012, 23:36   #9
J Cheever Loophole

One of the great achievements in modern GAA was made today when Crossmaglen Rangers won their second set of back-to-back All Ireland Club Titles, bringing their total to six. Oisin McConville and Paul Hearty have six medals each, with Oisin being arguably the single greatest club player of all time.

In light of such events, it's disappointing to see so little comment here.

Congratulations to Rangers - my own Club, Armagh Harps, are up next for them in the first round of the Armagh Championship.
Advertisement
31-03-2012, 23:51   #10
ardmacha

Magnificent performance today by Crossmaglen Rangers. Gaelic football played right is a pleasure to watch.
01-04-2012, 09:29   #11
bcb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Cheever Loophole View Post
One of the great achievements in modern GAA was made today when Crossmaglen Rangers won their second set of back-to-back All Ireland Club Titles, bringing their total to six. Oisin McConville and Paul Hearty have six medals each, with Oisin being arguably the single greatest club player of all time.

In light of such events, it's disappointing to see so little comment here.

Congratulations to Rangers - my own Club, Armagh Harps, are up next for them in the first round of the Armagh Championship.

Trust me we are not a it bothered who comments!!!! I have to say, and this is putting personal bias aside, that yesterday was he best performance of football I have ever seen from any team at senior level. It was football played the proper way, simple and fast, and every manager should use it as a template in how to play the game. They won't though and come July and August there will be the usual hand wringing and teeth grinding about the quality of the game being played. I don't care, I just hope our boys don't do what we did back in the other good old days and rest on their laurels. There are even greater levels of greatness for this team waiting on the horizon
01-04-2012, 11:07   #12
Beagslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardmacha View Post
Magnificent performance today by Crossmaglen Rangers. Gaelic football played right is a pleasure to watch.
Just a pity the GAA won't do more, to allow those of us outside of Ireland to watch the games.

Congratulations again to Cross on a fantastic record.
01-04-2012, 17:34   #13
Emmet Ryan

Fantastic performance from Cross. They learnt what went wrong the last time out and flipped the script in Breffni Park. I've written up some tactical analysis for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=5662
26-09-2013, 06:42   #14
ogrish

irish proxy not work , you can use irish vpn will help you bypass the geo-block

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion