ULSU Elections 2012 (Voting Thursday March 22) - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-03-2012, 03:27   #16
Tighearnan

Good to see everyone who is running would do a good job in each office. now to see what each has to offer in terms of campaign idea entertainment my favourite over the last four years was Ginges unicorn
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 03:52   #17
Polar Ice

We're back!
ulsuelect.com will be covering the elections, like last year.

We are still tampering with the election feed, which includes as much up to date information found on the web as we can grab. All tweets with the tags #voteUL will appear, as well as other source as we find them.

Last edited by Polar Ice; 16-03-2012 at 04:19.
(2) thanks from:
16-03-2012, 04:32   #18
shabouwcaw

hey guys, Dave Hartery here.

I'll be using my usual boards account for the election season, see no reason to start another one.

Best of luck to everyone running! Should be an interesting week.
(4) thanks from:
16-03-2012, 07:58   #19
freyners

i wonder if cambridge will say anything when his ban expires slap bang in the middle of next week
16-03-2012, 08:22   #20
RDJMPC

Ahhh my favourite time of the year

Pity no ladies decided to throw their names in for President!

I must admit that I'm concerned should both Kelly and Paddy be fortunate to be deemed elected, considering they don't appear to be the best of friends. This is even more important this year as the number of sabbats are down to 4. What do people think?
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 09:10   #21
Chimaera

I certainly won't be voting for Paddy Rockett. Anyone who lacks the ability to analyse something before jumping on the bandwagon shouldn't be let anyway near an important position like Education.
(2) thanks from:
16-03-2012, 09:16   #22
Fishooks12
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJMPC View Post

I must admit that I'm concerned should both Kelly and Paddy be fortunate to be deemed elected, considering they don't appear to be the best of friends. This is even more important this year as the number of sabbats are down to 4. What do people think?
One of many reasons why they shouldn't be elected.

It would mean 50% of our sabbats could be fighting like petulant children all year
16-03-2012, 11:52   #23
OhMSGlive

Right, better get my declaration out of the way.

I'll be campaigning actively (well, sort of) for Kelly O'Brien in the race to become the next Welfare Bear(!). Not sure where I'm going after that, but either way I'd like to congratulate all the candidates on getting nominated and wish them all the very best of luck for next week.

No cambridge?!
Thanks from:
16-03-2012, 12:48   #24
selfishfish

I think the team of Eamon, Jackie and Will would be perfect! Fresh faces, new ideas, just what we need. I'll be canvassing for Jackie next week as I really don't think we should bring Paddy back for another year!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 15:57   #25
Polar Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptre View Post
As usual, If you are campaigning for a candidate or are a candidate, I expect you to declare that interest if posting.
I'm campaigning for the Inanimate Carbon Rod https://www.facebook.com/ULSUInanimateRod

The Rod is daring enough to put forward campaign points that no one else is willing to. I think Rod would be the best non person for the job!
16-03-2012, 16:17   #26
wnolan1992

To get the declaration out of the way, I'll be semi-actively campaigning for Kelly O'Brien for Welfare. Other than that, I have no other affilations to any other candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJMPC View Post

I have to admit I'm really concerned about this too. I'd have serious reservations that they could work well together given the air of tension which has come out this year. And it has the potential to get even worse next year, were both of them to be elected.

I'd hope that one of the main things both candidates would clarify is that they will put this crap behind them were they to be elected and work on guiding the Union through this situation.
16-03-2012, 16:29   #27
Busi_Girl08

Send a message via MSN to Busi_Girl08
I'm campaigning for William Jennings.

He's a really dedicated, caring passionate guy who will put everything he can into this role. From personal experience I am confident that he's going to do a great job and bring a new fresh perspective.

Will 4 Welfare!!
William, Jackie and Eamonn 2012.
16-03-2012, 17:09   #28
colon

People are surprised that Mr. Cambridge didn't make the card! Are any among the self anointed capable of carrying his visionary torch of change? I hope so and wish those that are new to campaigning the best of luck. I think paddy should apply for a job in the stables if he wants to contuinue his nefarious ways.
Thanks from:
16-03-2012, 18:47   #29
Steeevvyb

Hi everyone, Stephen here from Thomond Student Times.
I just want to put this on here as well as on Facebook and Twitter so that nobody can claim they missed it.

We will be filming a short interview with each of the candidates early next week, more than likely on Tuesday morning. It will take about 10 minutes. Some of the candidates are already on board. If you want to be a part of it, either contact us on facebook or at info@thomondstudenttimes.com

Best of Luck to all candidates.

Stephen Byrne
(4) thanks from:
16-03-2012, 20:18   #30
CiaranMT

Declaring that I'll be campaigning for Cathal Ronan for Welfare.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion