Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-03-2012, 00:37   #31
MangoLime

This is my routine for removing makeup/cleansing skin, it might help!

Normal Evening:
1)Boots No.7 Cleanse and Care Eye Makeup Remover-brilliant for removing eye makeup and it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes at all.
2)Yes To Carrots Can You C Me Eye and Face Makeup Remover-I use this to remove the bulk of my face makeup. Just massage it on and rinse off with warm water-it's brilliant!
3)Boots Traditional Skincare Cold Cream-I use this to cleanse my face and remove any last traces of makeup-it's soooooo gentle and hydrating.
4)Pharmacy Brand Rosewater-I use this as a toner and also to remove any tiny traces of makeup that may have been left behind (usually there aren't any)
5)Serum, moisturizer, eye cream.

Late Night or if I'm not feeling well:
1)Same as above.
2)Baby wipe to remove the bulk of my makeup.
3)Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths-These are dry cloths that lather up when exposed to water. Just sweep over your face to remove makeup and clean your face.
4)I usually just leave it there and properly exfoliate and cleanse in the morning.

Hope that helps!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-03-2012, 11:46   #32
poutie
Banned

I use the No 7 eye makeup remover, its fab, follwed by Clarins Cleanser and Lancome Toner. I love toner, I think it takes off the excess cleanser and my skin feels very refreshed after it. Then Clarins Hydra Quench Cream and Clinique All about Eyes eye cream.

Once a week, I use Clarins exfoliating toner and Hydra quench mask. At the moment, I'm using the YSL Forever Youth Serum under my moisturiser, its gorgeous
18-03-2012, 11:55   #33
The Big Red Button
Closed Account

I use Simple Baby Wipes for removing make-up, and I'd seriously never waste money on face wipes again since I've started using them! They're way bigger and "wetter" than face wipes, and they work out at only a tiny fraction of the cost. (I've tried a few different brands of baby wipes, by the way, and Simple are the only ones that I've found to be any good for getting the makeup off.)

I also use Simple moisturising face wash in the shower every morning, and usually use a little Simple Light Moisturiser under my make-up.

And that's it, that's about as far as my "skincare routine" goes. I always feel like I should be doing more ... but I have super-sensitive skin, and that's what's working well for me at the moment, so I won't be changing it anytime soon!!
Thanks from:
18-03-2012, 15:41   #34
Tayla

I use dove exfoliating soap to wash my face, don't wear a huge amount of makeup and find this works very well.

Last edited by Tayla; 18-03-2012 at 15:44.
19-03-2012, 10:58   #35
Michellenman

I use silcocks base and hot water in the evenings with a damp face cloth. Gets rid of every scrap of make up. I've got quite sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it or make my skin sore and stingy. Astral moisturiser. Simple spot stick for any blemishes.
Advertisement
19-03-2012, 12:03   #36
How Strange

I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish with a hot muslin cloth. It even takes off mascara without stinging the eyes out of my head.
19-03-2012, 12:07   #37
Quality

I got a tester of Lancôme bi facil last Year and it is the only thing I will use to remove my eye make up.

I mix things up with regards to make up removal mostly wipes and then cleanser and toner.

My skin is quite dry and I was over exfoliating for a while. Changed my foundation to a moisture based one and it seems to be better now
19-03-2012, 13:54   #38
Lia_lia

I just use face wipes because they are the quickest way to get it off. Can't be bothered with any of that exfoliating/face wash/night moisteroiser shite :/
Thanks from:
19-03-2012, 19:40   #39
ArtOfEscape

Interesting discussion! I used to use Bare Minerals foundation most days and never cleansed - it genuinely had mostly worn off by the end of the day, so I'd just use a wipe to take off mascara at night time, and I never had issues with breakouts.

Now I've moved to Smashbox liquid foundation and Halo powder, and I've been using the wipes to take that off each night. Even though they're quite wet they do sting a bit, but I usually just slap on some moisturiser straight away to deal with that. Starting to rethink this strategy now, though!

A friend swears by Clinique's Take The Day Off stuff, so I might ask for a sample and see how I get on. Thanks for the food for thought!
Advertisement
19-03-2012, 21:08   #40
Giselle
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfEscape View Post
Interesting discussion! I used to use Bare Minerals foundation most days and never cleansed
*faints in horror*

19-03-2012, 21:19   #41
agrif06

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - I love it!
Thanks from:
19-03-2012, 21:31   #42
RealExpert

Depends on the layers some of the girls Ive seen should use a spade:-)
Thanks from:
20-03-2012, 10:54   #43
Malari

OK, as a result of reading this thread (and because I had a No. 7 voucher ) I bought their eye make-up remover to try it out. I'll still use the facial wipes too though!

And I do use a foaming cleanser in the shower, just not to remove make-up. And also a decent moisturiser afterwards.
(2) thanks from:
21-03-2012, 16:47   #44
Gauge
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malari View Post
OK, as a result of reading this thread (and because I had a No. 7 voucher ) I bought their eye make-up remover to try it out. I'll still use the facial wipes too though!

And I do use a foaming cleanser in the shower, just not to remove make-up. And also a decent moisturiser afterwards.
Same here Just bought a bottle specifically to keep in work so I can remove eye makeup properly if I'm cycling home.
Thanks from:
21-03-2012, 17:23   #45
Caraville

God I can't believe the amount of people who use the wipes considering any beautician or make up artist would tell you how bad they are for your skin!

I use them after a night out cos I really couldn't be bothered at 3am with the long ritual. But other than that I sometimes use the Garnier "Soft" range- cleanser, toner, moisturiser. I have very sensitive and dry skin and this really does feel soft on your skin. Otherwise I kind of use whatever happens to be on offer in Boots or Sam McCauleys.

I was at the beauticians last week and was telling her how badly dry my skin has gotten so like a sucker she convinced me to buy a cleanser and toner from the Elemis range. I've never spent so much on my make-up removal routine but I said feck it, I'd indulge once and see did it help because my skin really is parched at the moment. I'm yet to open them though cos I want to use up other stuff first, but hopefully I'll notice a difference.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion