You can longer get buried on a Sunday in Galway! - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

05-03-2012, 14:21   #1
Canvasser
Closed Account

You can longer get buried on a Sunday in Galway!

Some of you are probably aware of this but the paper pushing bureaucrats in the back offices of the city council have scrapped Sunday burials.

As far as I can see the only persons standing up against their tyranny are the Fianna Fáil councillors. People need to get angry about this and get onto their local representative and city manager and let them know this is unacceptable in a modern democracy.
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 14:40   #2
Fey!

Send a message via MSN to Fey! Send a message via Yahoo to Fey! Send a message via Skype™ to Fey!
Is it true that there can be no more than 2 burials on any day in the entire city? If that is true, than why isn't there anyone pointing that out?

You wouldn't happen to have any particular political affiliations, OP? If you do, please make them clear to the rest of us.
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 14:44   #3
antoobrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fey! View Post
Is it true that there can be no more than 2 burials on any day in the entire city? If that is true, than why isn't there anyone pointing that out?
It'd look like Rahoon would only be able to have 1 per day but, depending on staff levels, the "new" cemetery in bohermore should be able to still do 2/3 a day.

I's hate to see what'd happen if it was like some of the local cemeteries (carrowbrowne & killeen on the eastern edge of the city) where the families have to arrange to have a grave dug rather than asking the council to do it.
05-03-2012, 14:46   #4
pg633

He is a member of Ógra FF
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=77433829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canvasser View Post
As a member of Ógra FF i'd be quite friendly with Rory Kitt.

Apart from that I think the rest of em are useless quite frankly
(2) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 15:05   #5
McTigs

So canvasser, Sunday burials and Gay Marraige then, anything else come out of the Ard Fheis?

The bits i saw on tv looked pretty tragic to be honest, like a room full of sulking gombeens in denial.
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 15:15   #6
biko
Percolator

You love Crowe, we get it.
Don't post another political thread, it's soapboxing.
There is a whole political section you can try out.

In case anyone wonder, this goes for FG, SF etc too (unless there are local elections on).

Last edited by biko; 05-03-2012 at 15:19.
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed