Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-03-2012, 11:09   #1
Yellow121
Banned

Laois v Dublin

Should be a good match. Anyone got any links to watch this?
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 11:30   #2
blackbelt

Should be a good game.I am going down to this this evening.

I would expect us to win but we won;t get anything easy down there.Laois play their best football in the league.
03-03-2012, 12:45   #3
celticbest

what are they charging into O'Moore Park tonight?
03-03-2012, 13:04   #4
Yellow121
Banned

13 euro for stand or terrace. Does anyone subscribe to flashsportstreams? Do they have Setanta Ireland or just setanta sports 1? This match is on Setanta Ireland tonight.
Thanks from:
03-03-2012, 16:56   #5
DARK-KNIGHT

I know Laois play great football in the league but I fear Dublin will be WAY too strong for them. Might try streaming this should be an interesting match up
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 20:38   #6
LostBoy101

Hats off to O'Gara played brilliantly tonight and he must of worked his socks off in training.
03-03-2012, 20:59   #7
misty floyd
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoy101 View Post
Hats off to O'Gara played brilliantly tonight and he must of worked his socks off in training.
Yeah, fair play to him. Great game by Connolly too.
03-03-2012, 21:34   #8
copacetic

Great display by O'Gara, about time he had a day when everything stuck to him, but to also finish off left and right and get a goal was fantastic. Connolly continued where he left off also with some great scores off both feet also.

Overall though we kept Laois in it bynot finishing them off quickly enough in second half when it looked like we could score at will but shot selection could have been a lot better. We then lost discipline and let a couple of bad Laois fouls niggle us and reacted to it, which on another day could have led to us losing a man or two with Laois having got away with two serious fouls to start all the trouble. We have to be ready for those antics and keep the head, it's a long season.

O'Gara did well to not react though to a few off the ball attempts to get him too, especially the one in the last couple of minutes with the Laois keeper trying to get him in trouble for standing his ground when being charged. At least the umpires had seen it and the defender got the card not O'Gara.

Last edited by copacetic; 03-03-2012 at 21:37.
05-03-2012, 01:53   #9
Stoner

Send a message via Skype™ to Stoner
I enjoyed the game, good support from both counties, i could not believe the difference in O'Gara, only one of his shots was a a welly.

Anyone know why Clancy was taken off for Laois, I thought he was having a good game at FF, I think the Dublin back line struggle with a big target man, I also think Dublin need a target man too, Saturday nights display from O'Gara aside (hopefully he can produce this type of form in the summer when conditions are less favourable )

Connelly has played well in all 2.5 games this year IMHO, he looks to have held his condition better than most, as has Brennan.
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 08:35   #10
keane2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow121 View Post
13 euro for stand or terrace. Does anyone subscribe to flashsportstreams? Do they have Setanta Ireland or just setanta sports 1? This match is on Setanta Ireland tonight.
It has Setanta Ireland as well.
05-03-2012, 09:29   #11
celticbest

Few Pics I took @ the game,

Really enjoyed the Match, quality of play was very good considering it was played in such poor weather.

Last edited by celticbest; 05-03-2012 at 09:33.
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 16:24   #12
dcr22B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
Anyone know why Clancy was taken off for Laois
Hamstring according to the papers.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 03:08   #13
Stoner

Send a message via Skype™ to Stoner
thanks, i saw that on Setanta later on, I think the Dublin back line struggles against the big full forwards, they may have addressed a lot of the guys who run through the defence but still a little dodgy under the dropping ball IMHO. O'Gara looked good on the TV too. Munnelly had a fair shout for man of the match I think, he looked like he half went for that goal in contrast to the write ups the next day that suggested it was a fluke.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion