Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2012, 13:18   #316
Syferus

The owner of a team with a young QB said he'd have drafted another young QB - you don't risk effecting the QB you've got by being that direct unless there's a reason.

And beat journalists are routinely are completely out of the loop - just look at the Brandon Marshall situation, they only were able to start cooking up theories after he'd been traded.

Last edited by Syferus; 15-03-2012 at 17:13.
Advertisement
15-03-2012, 13:23   #317
HigginsJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimThomas View Post
And that is your opinion on the issue and you are quite entitled to it but it doesn't make it fact. Both QBs need a lot of work and trading one for the other would be stupid at best. Put a lot of stock in Gabbert to go and dump him for a guy who needs as much work? For a team trying to fix themselves this is a step backwards not a step forward.

On everything we have seen Tebow would be a massive upgrade over Gabbert (as is Henne for that matter). Gabbert's issue's aren't technique related. It's the much bigger issue that he appears cowardly on the field. All the signs were there when Luke McCown beat him out in training camp last season.

Tebow's mechanics can be fixed through practise, i'm not so sure what you can do with Gabbert short of sending him in place of the Lion to the wizard of oz.
Thanks from:
15-03-2012, 13:27   #318
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsJ View Post
On everything we have seen Tebow would be a massive upgrade over Gabbert (as is Henne for that matter). Gabbert's issue's aren't technique related. It's the much bigger issue that he appears cowardly on the field. All the signs were there when Luke McCown beat him out in training camp last season.

Tebow's mechanics can be fixed through practise, i'm not so sure what you can do with Gabbert short of sending him in place of the Lion to the wizard of oz.
i think tebows mechanics are going to take a lot longer to fix than you think the been trying to fix his wind up when he throws since before he got drafted and its still not right jason cambell could be worth a look for ye
15-03-2012, 13:30   #319
HigginsJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
i think tebows mechanics are going to take a lot longer to fix than you think the been trying to fix his wind up when he throws since before he got drafted and its still not right jason cambell could be worth a look for ye
I'm a Giants fan (boring off season!!!)

Campbell signed as back up for the Bears already. Oh i dont think its easy to solve Tebows issues (or fully necessary for that matter), just that they are alot more fixable than the apparent problems with Gabbert
15-03-2012, 13:40   #320
Chucky the tree

Quote:

Tebow problems aren't all mechanics either though. He can't go through progressions and he's very poor at moving in the pocket while looking down the field. The only difference in Tebow is a much better rusher so he can can tuck the ball and escape while his physical size allows him to shrug off a arm grab more often.
Advertisement
15-03-2012, 13:41   #321
nerd69

Quote:
I'm a Giants fan (boring off season!!!)
feckin giants stealing our thunder so mutch for the dream team
Thanks from:
15-03-2012, 13:42   #322
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky the tree View Post
Tebow problems aren't all mechanics either though. He can't go through progressions and he's very poor at moving in the pocket while looking down the field. The only difference in Tebow is a much better rusher so he can can tuck the ball and escape while his physical size allows him to shrug off a arm grab more often.
i agree with this and with mdj as there only threat teams are run blitzing them as it is
15-03-2012, 13:56   #323
Syferus

Quote:

Totally agree, Gabbert needs to be completely reset or he's absolutely no use as a starter or back-up. I'd be surprised if Henne doesnt start week one for the Jags.

Last edited by Syferus; 15-03-2012 at 14:03.
15-03-2012, 15:59   #324
Mr. Guappa

David Garrard linked with the Lions. I'd completely forgotten about him tbh!
Advertisement
15-03-2012, 16:08   #325
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guappa View Post
boy did the jags mess up there
15-03-2012, 16:14   #326
Jolly Red Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guappa View Post
If he is still around when Manning makes his choice (and its not Denver) then I wouldn't be surprised to see EXF make a move.
15-03-2012, 17:13   #327
eagle eye
Even when I'm wrong I'm right!

Mario Williams signs with Buffalo, up to $100 million over 6 years and wait for it, $50 million guaranteed. Unbelievable!
Thanks from:
15-03-2012, 17:14   #328
deise_boi

Press conference in Buffalo in 30mins expected to announce the signing of Super Mario to the Bills! Absolutely delighted
15-03-2012, 17:19   #329
malistheman

Just saw this from Aaron Rodgers twitter ! Showing off his sense of humor !

Quote:
We Sign a FA every other year, n never in leap years @Scottmaas11 @AaronRodgers12 Why didn't we take a look at him to help out Clay? RT
15-03-2012, 17:21   #330
poldebruin

Mario Williams signs with Buffalo. Now that's a big surprise. Moving from a team that most would agree seem to be rising and will be in contention for the AFC next year, to the underachieving Bills.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion