Opinions Please: Midwifery or Montessori - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-03-2012, 10:11   #1
Daizee

Opinions Please: Midwifery or Montessori

Hi all,

I need some advice please, I deferred a Midwifery place in college (mature student) last year, and am due to start in September. I am now wondering if this course is for me as I have also always had an interest in Montessori teaching but felt that midwifery would offer me more job prospects but I am not so sure anymore and would hate to spend 4 years in college to end up with no work.
Would I be very foolish to give up the midwifery degree, given it is so hard to get a place on this course and pursue Montessori with a view to eventually setting up my own school.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 01:10   #2
mumtoe&e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizee View Post
Hi all,

I need some advice please, I deferred a Midwifery place in college (mature student) last year, and am due to start in September. I am now wondering if this course is for me as I have also always had an interest in Montessori teaching but felt that midwifery would offer me more job prospects but I am not so sure anymore and would hate to spend 4 years in college to end up with no work.
Would I be very foolish to give up the midwifery degree, given it is so hard to get a place on this course and pursue Montessori with a view to eventually setting up my own school.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Hey there,
Well I don't have much advice for you I'm afraid, however I am a 3rd year mature midwifery student and all I will say is unless your heart is 100% in midwifery (which going by your post it doesn't seem to be) don't do it!
This course is so demanding, far more demanding than I would have ever thought it would be before I started! I love it (there are days i hate it). I love midwifery & have done so for an extremely long time, it's been a passion for years! If I wasn't so passionate about it I reckon I would have dropped out by now as the academic side of the course is very challenging.

I feel if you are not overly passionate about midwifery well then it's a tough course to do!

Go with your gutt instinct!
If you want anymore information about the course feel free to ask!
Best of luck

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion