General Election 2012 - Page 9 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for? General Election 2012
Fine Gael 84 27.54%
Fianna Fail 24 7.87%
Labour 22 7.21%
Sinn Fein 110 36.07%
Green Party 12 3.93%
Spoiled Vote 24 7.87%
Wouldn't Vote 29 9.51%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

02-03-2012, 15:36   #121
gerryo777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Byrne View Post
Agreed.

But of course Gerry's gang didn't directly ensure that any economy was affected, didn't cost anyone their jobs in bombed city centres, didn't blow up any homes, didn't ruin anyone's pride by humiliating or embarrassing them and CERTAINLY didn't result in any deaths.......

Now, can we get back to the point that you're (correctly) allowed bitch about those unconvicted people and yet object to us pointing out issues with an equally unconvicted Adams ?
What goes on in another jurisdiction isn't my problem. We have enough of our own down here.
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 15:45   #122
gerryo777
Banned

BTW, I also think that if Sinn Fein want any real credibility they should encourage the likes of Adams, McGuinness and Ferris to step aside and make way for new, younger people, like Doherty.
Thanks from:
02-03-2012, 16:19   #123
Liam Byrne
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryo777 View Post
What goes on in another jurisdiction isn't my problem. We have enough of our own down here.
Regardless of the fact that it's the same individual ? Laughable cop-out.

Is there any point in my pointing out similarities between O'Snodaigh and other expense flaunters and con-men like O'Donoghue ? Why do I suspect you'll (again correctly) object to O'Donoghue but yet find some "other jurisdiction" type excuse for O'Snodaigh ?

But go on....I'll give it a shot.

Do you object to O'Donoghue's largesse at our expense ?
Do you object to O'Snodaigh's largesse at our expense ?

(gets popcorn and waits to see what excuse emerges this time)
02-03-2012, 16:44   #124
gerryo777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Byrne View Post
Regardless of the fact that it's the same individual ? Laughable cop-out.

Is there any point in my pointing out similarities between O'Snodaigh and other expense flaunters and con-men like O'Donoghue ? Why do I suspect you'll (again correctly) object to O'Donoghue but yet find some "other jurisdiction" type excuse for O'Snodaigh ?

But go on....I'll give it a shot.

Do you object to O'Donoghue's largesse at our expense ?
Do you object to O'Snodaigh's largesse at our expense ?

(gets popcorn and waits to see what excuse emerges this time)
I object to any of these overpaid penpushers largesse at our expense, be they FF, FG, Labour, Shinners or independants.

I've already stated that I think adams and the old crew should step aside in sinn fein if they want to have any real credibility down south.

I can't understand why all politicians are allowed unvouched expenses at any time, never mind at the height of a recession.

How's the popcorn?
02-03-2012, 17:08   #125
Johnny Foreigner
Banned

Sinn Féin.
Enda Kenny is letting the EU rape Ireland.
Its time for change, Sinn Féin are rising in popularity.
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 17:11   #126
deirdremf

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietriot View Post
If a general election were called tomorrow, who would you intend on voting for?

There's a lot of ignorant, anti-governmental rambling going on in After Hours, generally by people who haven't the faintest idea what they're talking about. I hold the opinion that we have the second best government possible right now, behind a FG only government. With people talking about how "shíte" the government are, I'm interested to know who you would vote for if given the opportunity tomorrow.

It'll also be good to measure the results vs the upcoming publishing of the latest Red C poll results to see just how outlandish the people of Boards.ie are.

Options are:

Fine Gael
Fianna Fail
Sinn Fein
Labour
Green
Spoiled Vote
Wouldn't Vote

Independents excluded for obvious reasons.

Poll should attach shortly.
Bad mistake leaving out ULA. They have more votes, and infinitely more seats, that the Glasraí. They are an option in real life, and will grow next time around.
Also there should be an option for independents, also an option in real life.
02-03-2012, 17:15   #127
Napper Hawkins

Where's all this popcorn people keep producing? I want popcorn.
02-03-2012, 17:18   #128
deirdremf

Quote:
BTW, I also think that if Sinn Fein want any real credibility they should encourage the likes of Adams, McGuinness and Ferris to step aside and make way for new, younger people, like Doherty.
I hear this a lot, and appreciate that lots of voters would like to see younger options. I'd like to see them myself.
On the other hand, these are the people who brought SF to where they are today, and their experience must be valuable to the party.

In the same way and saving the huge differences, that Kenny has brought FG from thirty something seats in 2002 to 77 seats today. Kenny doesn't inspire me in any way - to me he's a pure grey personality, but i recognise that he (or his handlers) have brought FG close to an overall majority for the first time ever in their history. He has done a great job in that respect (NB - for the party - not for the country. The country continues its slow descent into hell under his leadership).
02-03-2012, 17:19   #129
gerryo777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper Hawkins View Post
Liam ate it all....he wouldn't even give us any
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 22:48   #130
K-9

Quote:
I have to say that I have a grudging admiration for Eamon O'Cuiv at the moment.
I know he's FF and was part of the government that f***ed us over but at least he's standing up for what's right. (eventually)
Haughey stood up for what was right in referenda in the 80's on Divorce and Abortion, no political motives whatsoever, like O'Cuiv!
02-03-2012, 22:51   #131
Liam Byrne
Closed Account

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper Hawkins View Post
Liam ate it all....he wouldn't even give us any
Nope! It's just that given the subject
matter I dived for cover under the sofa when it started popping!
Thanks from:
02-03-2012, 23:05   #132
gerryo777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
Haughey stood up for what was right in referenda in the 80's on Divorce and Abortion, no political motives whatsoever, like O'Cuiv!
I wonder if Haughey was around now would we be taking a different approach with our EU 'partners'?
02-03-2012, 23:16   #133
K-9

Quote:
I wonder if Haughey was around now would we be taking a different approach with our EU 'partners'?
Nah, he'd be wanting to look like Sarkozy, likes his suits and shirts that guy. Plus Miterrand liked his women and Sarkozy has a hot woman! One thing Haughey did have was statesmanship and presence, shame it was largely funded by taxpayers, banks et al!

I think O'Cuiv is playing party politics, he's in a Euro sceptic constituency and Connaught/Ulster has a tradition of returning MEP's like that, since Blaney days in the 80's.

Martin has always been pro EU, so he is being consistent, plus its an area he actually excels in, Foreign Affairs and Europe, whatever else about the rest of his weaknesses. Strongest performer by far on Lisbon 2 out of all the main parties.
03-03-2012, 00:06   #134
Craebear

Sinn Fein highest in the poll eh. Looks like the average after hours pleb is easily taken in by mindless populist poppycock.

But hey stick it to the man, be a rebel and vote sinn fein.

You're ****ing retarded.
03-03-2012, 05:36   #135
AskMyChocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet Explorer View Post
I think the government should stay off the gold standard, so that the pound can reach a level that would keep our exports competitive.

The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own, what half baked drivel ! See how the men look at her with utter contempt !
They have difficulty meeting the bronze standard.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion