Parking - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-02-2012, 23:14   #16
magentas

So...did you make it out of there yet?!
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 00:28   #17
stoneill

It would annoy the hell oudda me if someone was parking outside my gaff all day.

I know the road is public blah blah blah - however I think I should be able to have a space outside my own gaff.
In this day and age the number of adults living in a house = number of cars for that house - don't need other people taking up valuable spots.
28-02-2012, 07:58   #18
corktina

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneill View Post
It would annoy the hell oudda me if someone was parking outside my gaff all day.

I know the road is public blah blah blah - however I think I should be able to have a space outside my own gaff.
In this day and age the number of adults living in a house = number of cars for that house - don't need other people taking up valuable spots.
sir, i repeat my point.Where do YOUR visitors park? Outside someone elses gaff I assume.
Thanks from:
28-02-2012, 08:19   #19
Fiona

How about you find out if there are any people who work all day and would like a car parked in their drive way during the day while they are out? You have a spot and they have the security of a car in the garden all day to make it look like somebody is home? Might be especially handy if there are older people on the street with no car?
(4) thanks from:
28-02-2012, 09:09   #20
E39MSport

Yet another Dundrum worker prik (HMV, you know who you are) parked half over my parents drive on the weekend. Guards were called and before they towed they gave him a chance by calling him.

He was up in minutes to move it. Oddly, there was about 3 feet of room behind him and all he had to do was move it back a bit.

Lazy and inconsiderate but fits in nicely with modern Ireland.

I resent having to park half way up the road when visiting because of these individuals.
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 09:12   #21
freestyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anan1 View Post
Unless the car's being used for work purposes it's nothing to do with the employer.
Legally this is true, employer is not obliged to arrange parking space if the cars are not used for workign purpose BUT this practice I've seen and hear first time here in Ireland. Was working in 3 other European countries in a city centres with limited spaces but every time my employer was "fighting" for me and arranged a space in few days time.

Extremely unfair "don't give a feck" policy from the companies here! but again it's our (=employees) foul.. we are just letting employers dictate too many rules to maximize their profit! Job is not gonna get done itself without us PEOPLE ffs..
28-02-2012, 09:13   #22
E39MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs crilly View Post
How about you find out if there are any people who work all day and would like a car parked in their drive way during the day while they are out? You have a spot and they have the security of a car in the garden all day to make it look like somebody is home? Might be especially handy if there are older people on the street with no car?

Why not cook the cnuts some dinner too and they can warm it up for you as you walk home after parking your car up the road because not only are the usual cars outside but now you can't park in your drive
28-02-2012, 09:22   #23
E39MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugMugs View Post
I really really really can't understand why some people assume that it's their automatic right to park outside their house on a street.

I park a fair bit in Swords and when I am going to the Pavillions and it is packed, I park in the estate beside it. I keep getting love letters from the woman across the road from whose house I park outside saying "don't do this again etc"

There's no yellow lines and you're not causing an obstruction. Screw him !
They're more than likely well aware of their rights but very frustrated.

People may have been living in their homes for 40/50 years perhaps and happily parking outside when required.

Then the shopping centre or business moves in and all of a sudden the road has turned from a quiet back street into a carpark.

Squatters have more rights. It's not a matter of residents 'rights' but a moral one.

You give no consideration to the people that live here. The older relatives/friends visiting. The sons/daughters visiting with triplets, the disabled.

You're happy to dress it up in legalities and park wherver the fuk you like once it's legal. As long as you can get to work then party on.
(5) thanks from:
28-02-2012, 10:54   #24
Fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39MSport View Post
Why not cook the cnuts some dinner too and they can warm it up for you as you walk home after parking your car up the road because not only are the usual cars outside but now you can't park in your drive
Good idea!!

I park in my Granfathers driveway so I am lucky I have a spot every day but it won't be there forever so I will need to strike a deal with somebody on the road for parking and dinner
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 11:17   #25
corktina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs crilly View Post
thats a good idea..and an earner for someone
(2) thanks from:
28-02-2012, 11:40   #26
faceman
Category Moderator

How did it go last night OP?
28-02-2012, 11:45   #27
Max Power1
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39MSport View Post
They're more than likely well aware of their rights but very frustrated.

People may have been living in their homes for 40/50 years perhaps and happily parking outside when required.

Then the shopping centre or business moves in and all of a sudden the road has turned from a quiet back street into a carpark.

Squatters have more rights. It's not a matter of residents 'rights' but a moral one.

You give no consideration to the people that live here. The older relatives/friends visiting. The sons/daughters visiting with triplets, the disabled.

You're happy to dress it up in legalities and park wherver the fuk you like once it's legal. As long as you can get to work then party on.
Well thats not biased at all

The law is there to set in stone what is acceptable and what is not. You do not own the road outside your house. If there are no restrictions made by the council (pay & display/Permits) then you have to accept that in a town area, people will be entitled to park there.

This crap of "oooo ive been living here since 1750" really bugs me. Fuk off, you've no legal right to the public highway. End of. Yes, even if it is outside your house, it is still the public highway.

If you've a problem with this then you need to implement pay & display or move.
28-02-2012, 11:51   #28
Anan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power1 View Post
If you've a problem with this then you need to implement pay & display or move.
On which point, isn't the resident disc system intrinsically unfair? If everyone has an equal right to park on the public road then why is living there a condition of buying a permit?
28-02-2012, 11:53   #29
Guy:Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anan1 View Post
On which point, isn't the resident disc system intrinsically unfair? If everyone has an equal right to park on the public road then why is living there a condition of buying a permit?
Is there a right to park on a street though? Or is it just that its not illegal to park there if theres no double yellows?
28-02-2012, 11:58   #30
Anan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy:Incognito View Post
Is there a right to park on a street though? Or is it just that its not illegal to park there if theres no double yellows?
OK, i'll rephrase. On roads without disc parking, residents and non-residents have equal rights. Once disc parking is introduced this is no longer the case. Surely this goes against the point that public roads belong to all of us?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion