A Bit Of Advise - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-02-2012, 11:06   #1
farmchoice

A Bit Of Advise

Morning all,
I wonder could I bother all you knowledgeable people for a little bit of advise.
I am looking for an eight week 10k plan. I have googled it and have got a lot of different options so I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have never run an organised 10k before and have not done any running in the last 6 months, out from the odd 20mins on a treadmill. Having said that I am pretty fit. I play squash twice a week do 2 full on kettle bell classes a week and 1 to 2 sessions on a bike or cross trainer.

Up to the end of last summer I would have been running 2-3 times a week and would regularly have done 10k distances in about 50mins to an hour.

I am 36 by the way and time wise would be aiming for under 45mins.

as I said I would be grateful if you could point me towards a good 8 week programme or give me any tips or advise.

Thanks
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 11:40   #2
dahat

Hal Higdon plans are well recommended

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51...aining-Program
27-02-2012, 15:11   #3
farmchoice

thanks for that, that look good, he has beginner intermediate and advanced cats. i feel like i should be able for the intermediate one.
29-02-2012, 21:31   #4
mumontherun

8 week training program in attached link, gives 3 plans, one for 40 mins, one for 50 etc. so you could adjust it to get your 45 min time. Can't comment as to how good it is though, have only recently started on it myself

http://www.endurancetraining.com.au/...0k%20Event.pdf
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion