Black & White 2 Announced! - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-04-2012, 12:30   #46
elekid

Even after playing Black, I found Japanese White a bit of a pain, constantly having to refer to movelists etc. I don't think I'd get a Japanese version again.

I'm hoping that the post-game of B/W2 will be set in Hoenn, like how G/S revisted Kanto.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 12:51   #47
TheChrisD

Send a message via MSN to TheChrisD Send a message via Skype™ to TheChrisD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
There are a number of moves in B/W that are weird - eg Zorua learns a Dark physical attack with a power of 90 - so naturally I took it over Bite or Night Slash or whatever he was carrying at the time - that uses the targets SP defence or something along those lines, and therefore tended to do feck all damage to the ghosts and psychics I was smacking with it. I hadn't read my online pokedex, rookie/bug trainer mistake.
Yea, I fell for Foul Play as well...
20-04-2012, 00:03   #48
TheChrisD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzthebatgirl View Post
WTF happened to the Player Characters? [..]some guy that had a fight with a lawn mower!
Another question this brings up, will Satoshi be made wear the new guy's outfit in the anime?

20-04-2012, 19:44   #49
SamIAmNot

Send a message via Skype™ to SamIAmNot
I've got a funny feeling that this is the first sequel in along line of future Pokémon sequels. This game is showcasing the alternate Kyurem forms for sure, and possibly Keldeo and Meloetta seeing how they are in the upcoming film.

This means they might do a B&W3 for Genesect. What do you all think? Or am I just over thinking this??
20-04-2012, 19:47   #50
Atavan-Halen
He Touched My Breast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAmNot View Post
I've got a funny feeling that this is the first sequel in along line of future Pokémon sequels. This game is showcasing the alternate Kyurem forms for sure, and possibly Keldeo and Meloetta seeing how they are in the upcoming film.

This means they might do a B&W3 for Genesect. What do you all think? Or am I just over thinking this??
I think a B&W 3 would probably be going a bit too far. Wi-Fi events for the new Pokémon would be a lot more logical.

Perhaps they're running out of colours to name the games!
Advertisement
20-04-2012, 20:03   #51
SamIAmNot

Send a message via Skype™ to SamIAmNot
Quote:
Originally Posted by atavan-halen View Post
Perhaps they're running out of colours to name the games!
Well they haven't done Auburn and Lavender yet haha!
11-05-2012, 12:18   #52
cloud493

New coro revealed

'Lt. Surge and Erika will also be present. Apparently the facility is called "World Tournament." It seems you'll be able to battle every previous Gym Leader and Elite Four Champion there.'

'The poster of the scan has revealed more information! First, the new formes for Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus can only be caught in the Pokemon AR Searcher game, which of course can then be transferred over to Black 2 and White 2. Second, Cheren will appear in the games as a Gym Leader. Third, "Pokewood" will replace Black and White's musicals (a combination of Pokemon + Hollywood?); it's apparently the movie theater feature that appeared in several of the game trailers.'
11-05-2012, 15:25   #53
Arawn

pokemon ar seacher??
11-05-2012, 15:32   #54
cloud493

The AR searcher is the new program coming out for the 3DS.
Advertisement
11-05-2012, 16:15   #55
Banjo

If they can do one outside app for the 3DS they can do many... Perhaps my dream of breeding specific mon for Pokemon 5-a-side Soccer, Pokemon Team Forretress, Pokemon Tower Defense, The Legend of Zoroark : A Lickitung to the Past etc etc might one day come to pass.
12-05-2012, 09:52   #56
cloud493

Alrighty, ton more info here now corocoro's been leaked and translated

So, its finally been properly translated, new info

Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)
Bianca gives you your Starter Pokemon on behalf of Professor Juniper. She is now Juniper's assistant.
N has disappeared and nobody knows where he is, including Team Plasma. Team Plasma and the Sages will still be in the game, though in what capacity we do not know yet.
Alder appears at the beginning of the game and asks you to come with him.

PokeWood (Pokemon+Hollywood) will apparently involve filming a movie: you pick a scenario, then fight in several Pokemon battles. Perhaps battling against the mecha Tyranitar is how you film part of your movie.
Brycen, the Ice-type Gym Leader, has starred in PokeWood movies before.
PokeWood will also be featured in the anime on June 7th - we see a screenshot of the mecha Tyranitar battling a Golurk. I bet this will be Luke's evolved Golett since we've seen him making movies in various episodes of the show. Guess they were foreshadowing this for a while without us knowing!

The old designs of the Cloud Trio will now be referred to as their "Incarnation Formes" while the new designs will be called their "Sacred Beast Formes."
All three of the Pokemon keep their same types in their new formes, but their stats are different. Tornadus' new forme focuses on Defense, Special Defense, and Speed, Thundurus' focuses on Special Attack, and Landorus' focuses on Attack.
(This isn't stated in the magazine.) Fan speculation on our forums is that the three new formes are inspired by Aztec legend. Tornadus is Huitzilopochtli, who after it died became a green and purple hummingbird, Thundurus is Quetzalcoatl, who after it died became a serpent, and Landorus is Tezcatlipoca / Tepeyollotl, a jaguar. In the Pokemon AR Searcher screenshot on the left side of the 3rd scan and in the anime poster on the right side of the 7th scan, you can see each of them resembling those animals (a bird, a snake, and a jaguar).
Professor Burnett will be the name of the professor in the Pokemon AR Searcher game.

As stated yesterday, the "World Tournament" feature allows you to battle past Gym Leaders and Elite Four Champions.
So far, Cynthia, Green (Gary), Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance are confirmed participants.

As we knew already, Meloetta will be the Pokemon you can download at the movie theaters when you go to see Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman - Keldeo. It is at Level 15, knows Quick Attack, Confusion, and Round, and comes holding a PP Max.

The anime will be renamed Best Wishes Season 2 starting June 21st. There will be an arc featuring the new Sacred Beast formes as well as the return of Dawn, Cynthia, and Pokemon from past generations! Giovanni will return as well and Team Rocket will have a new plan involving Meloetta.
Black Kyurem-EX and White Kyurem-EX cards were revealed from BW6 Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare!

*Big scans incoming*

(4) thanks from:
13-05-2012, 01:19   #57
TheChrisD

I think the only thing people really care about because of today's revelations is the fact all the old GL's and whatnot will be in the game :3
13-05-2012, 01:29   #58
cloud493

Well yeah although the revelation about Cheren is interesting.
16-05-2012, 11:10   #59
TheChrisD

16-05-2012, 20:38   #60
cloud493

Down its still on pokebeach for those interested.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion