Could this spell the start of the end for FF - Page 7 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-02-2012, 08:46   #91
raymon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by john reilly View Post
what difference does any of this make, so people who never have and never will vote sinn fein. can all agree they never will. so sinn fein lose nothing. wanting sinn fein to do badly and them doing so are two different things. I can see the next elections being a painful time for you
I am not talking about me .... I am not going to vote SF . I am talking about Sinn Fein prospective voters.

The mask is slipping

The loudest campaigner and crusader against TDs expenses , Pearse Doherty claimed 51,808 euros expenses . Only three tds had higher expenses out of 167 . In 2009 he named and shamed the top claimants. Only 2 years later he is nearly the highest claimant.

His running mate Jonathan o Brien was just a few euros behind him at 51,179 euros and Mac Lochlan at 51,174 and Mcclennan at 50,540.

Even Colreavy claimed 50,225 euros.

Hypocrites
raymon is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 09:40   #92
john reilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nordy land
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon View Post
I am not talking about me .... I am not going to vote SF . I am talking about Sinn Fein prospective voters.

The mask is slipping

The loudest campaigner and crusader against TDs expenses , Pearse Doherty claimed 51,808 euros expenses . Only three tds had higher expenses out of 167 . In 2009 he named and shamed the top claimants. Only 2 years later he is nearly the highest claimant.

His running mate Jonathan o Brien was just a few euros behind him at 51,179 euros and Mac Lochlan at 51,174 and Mcclennan at 50,540.

Even Colreavy claimed 50,225 euros.

Hypocrites
but you cant speak for prospective voters as you never were. as for pearse doherty he does live in donegal so presumably would have considerable traveling expenses
john reilly is offline  
29-02-2012, 09:55   #93
raymon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by john reilly View Post
but you cant speak for prospective voters as you never were. as for pearse doherty he does live in donegal so presumably would have considerable traveling expenses
"I have stated many times that it is my view that TD’s, Senators, Junior Ministers and Ministers are over paid and that their expenses are inflated. Both the Salary and the expenses should be cut substantially."
Pearse Doherty 2009

"Give me the maximum amount of 51,808 euro"
Pearse Doherty 2011
raymon is offline  
(3) thanks from:
29-02-2012, 13:28   #94
Dr Galen
I'm a real doctor I swears
 
Dr Galen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In the Trees
Posts: 7,564
This isn't a thread that should have SF or Pearse Doherty as it's central theme.

Back OT everyone

Cheers

DrG
Dr Galen is offline  
29-02-2012, 17:45   #95
raymon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,406
Back on track , just to summarize

FF slipping in the polls
Michael Martin sharply dropping on the polls
Eamonn o Cuiv just resigned his post , but not completely from FF yet
Trouble brewing as old stock try to make a return , (possibly Coughlan, the Cope, O Donohue)

Looks like the beginning of the end

Happy days
raymon is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 17:27   #96
Kinski
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,546
New Red C poll in the SBP tomorrow if anyone's interested. State of the parties: FG 30 (nc); SF 18 (+1); FF 17 (-1); Lab 16 (+2); Inds 19 (-2). Source: SBP feed on Twitter.
Kinski is offline  
Thanks from:
03-03-2012, 19:27   #97
raymon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,406
Down and down and down they go .

It is only fair that FF wither and die .
raymon is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:24   #98
Liam Byrne
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon View Post
Down and down and down they go .

It is only fair that FF wither and die .
Now if only we could get the others to realise that "not as bad as FF" isn't good enough we might be getting places.

Mind you, I really think it requires a brand-new party to achieve this.
Liam Byrne is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:31   #99
Chucky the tree
Registered User
 
Chucky the tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 20,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon View Post
Back on track , just to summarize

FF slipping in the polls
Michael Martin sharply dropping on the polls
Eamonn o Cuiv just resigned his post , but not completely from FF yet
Trouble brewing as old stock try to make a return , (possibly Coughlan, the Cope, O Donohue)

Looks like the beginning of the end

Happy days

17% is really the beginning of the end? Do you think Labour and Sinn Fein are are at the end as well?
Chucky the tree is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 21:39   #100
john reilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nordy land
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky the tree View Post
17% is really the beginning of the end? Do you think Labour and Sinn Fein are are at the end as well?
he regularily gets confused between reality and wishfull thinking
john reilly is offline  
(3) thanks from:
03-03-2012, 21:40   #101
raymon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky the tree View Post
17% is really the beginning of the end? Do you think Labour and Sinn Fein are are at the end as well?
Yes , FF are on the way out. No loss to our country.

SF are rising unfortunately .

Labour are not doing well now due to junior partner syndrome.
raymon is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:46   #102
Liam Byrne
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky the tree View Post
17% is really the beginning of the end? Do you think Labour and Sinn Fein are are at the end as well?
Yes , FF are on the way out. No loss to our country.

SF are rising unfortunately .

Labour are not doing well now due to junior partner syndrome.
I wouldn't go excusing Labour their offences against the state that easily.....just as the Greens are liable for their decision to stay in government while FF ruined the country, so too Labour are responsible for their decisions to support a government that is betraying those who voted for it.
Liam Byrne is offline  
Thanks from:
03-03-2012, 21:51   #103
raymon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Byrne View Post
I wouldn't go excusing Labour their offences against the state that easily.....just as the Greens are liable for their decision to stay in government while FF ruined the country, so too Labour are responsible for their decisions to support a government that is betraying those who voted for it.
Dont worry, im not defending labour at all.
raymon is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:53   #104
Liam Byrne
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Byrne View Post
I wouldn't go excusing Labour their offences against the state that easily.....just as the Greens are liable for their decision to stay in government while FF ruined the country, so too Labour are responsible for their decisions to support a government that is betraying those who voted for it.
Dont worry, im not defending labour at all.
Well then why dismiss their fall in support as "junior partner syndrome" ? The reason I won't be voting for either them or FG again is because they have betrayed my vote.

No "junior partner syndrome" involved whatsoever.
Liam Byrne is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:57   #105
GombeanMan
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 156
I hope FF dies.
GombeanMan is offline  
Thanks from:
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search