How early did you definitely feel baby moving? - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: When did you feel baby move for the first time?
Earlier than 14 weeks 3 6.12%
14 weeks 4 8.16%
15 weeks 2 4.08%
16 weeks 9 18.37%
17 weeks 3 6.12%
18 weeks 6 12.24%
19 weeks 10 20.41%
20 weeks 6 12.24%
21 weeks 2 4.08%
22 weeks 2 4.08%
23 weeks 1 2.04%
24 weeks 0 0%
25 weeks 0 0%
Later than 25 weeks 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

28-02-2012, 01:14   #16
caprilicious

On my first I felt movements from 16 weeks (flutters/bubbles) & proper kicks that my husband could see clearly from 22 weeks.

However on this pregnancy, I didn't feel flutters until at least 18 weeks (very little at that) and the strong visible kicks only in the past 2-3 weeks (I'm almost 33 weeks now).

The main difference between both pregnancies is last time I had placenta previa, so the placenta was covering the birth canal & not my tum, so every little kick baby made was very obvious.
This time, the placenta is where it should be and padding between baby and my tum, so I don't feel the kicks as strongly this time.

I think for the same reason this is why I was able to find the heart beat easier last time using a home doppler, whereas this time I found it a lot more difficult to pinpoint the heart.
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 09:09   #17
Saurelin

Send a message via Skype™ to Saurelin
I felt first time for sure yesterday when my hubby was talking to my belly. Baby likes Daddy

19 weeks and 1 day
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2012, 10:25   #18
Mink

I can finally answer my own question, felt some definite little kicks/prods last night. I had been feeling them a few days earlier but really wasn't sure what it was.

19 weeks tomorrow so seem to be in and around the average. But it was good to see there is such a variation of when women feel it first time, very reassuring!
Thanks from:
02-03-2012, 11:02   #19
Kash

I'm 21 and 1 today, and I think I felt a proper kick last night while playing playstation. Haven't felt anything since though, even though little miss was flailing legs and arms during our scan. But I'm really not sure.

I wish there was a way to share a sensation with someone else, so I could ask "Is that it?!"
14-03-2012, 13:27   #20
Rose35

Had a quick scan two days ago to check heartbeat, as couldnt be picked up on doppler but everything is ok thankfully. So I asked my consultant about movement and he said oh you are way to early ( im 18weeks 5days) but if you think you feel something then who am i to say you dont. So during scan baby was very active waving arms and legs and consultant asked me so can you feel that movement, I said no.
So the flutters arent actual movement even though it can be reasurring to feel the flutters, consultant said when you feel the first movement of kick there will be no doubt it is movement.
Oh and its my first baby so all new to me.
Advertisement
14-03-2012, 13:40   #21
usernamehellohello

Felt my first definite tap at 14 weeks, and flutters before that. I had a scan around that time and doc asked about movement. She wasn't dismissive at all. She said that very slim women (that's me) or women with weak stomach muscles (that would be me too!) feel the movement sooner. Though I've also had the experience of seeing movement on scan and feeling nothing, so I presume what I feel are the bigger movements.

14-03-2012, 13:50   #22
Mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose35 View Post
Had a quick scan two days ago to check heartbeat, as couldnt be picked up on doppler but everything is ok thankfully. So I asked my consultant about movement and he said oh you are way to early ( im 18weeks 5days) but if you think you feel something then who am i to say you dont. So during scan baby was very active waving arms and legs and consultant asked me so can you feel that movement, I said no.
So the flutters arent actual movement even though it can be reasurring to feel the flutters, consultant said when you feel the first movement of kick there will be no doubt it is movement.
Oh and its my first baby so all new to me.
Baby might have been in a different position to when you normally feel those flutters. I'd say go with your gut (no pun intended) feeling on it. If you're feeling some sensation that you've never felt before then it's most likely going to be the baby.

I'm 20 wks +4 & I've graduated to feeling the little kicks externally as of about a week ago. However the OH FINALLY felt a couple this morning for the first time. It's been infuriating trying to time it so he can feel them.
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2012, 14:23   #23
Kash

I've only really started feeling the baby in the last week or so, and I'm well in to week 23.

But when you feel it, you'll know exactly what it is!!
Thanks from:
14-03-2012, 15:37   #24
kaalgat

Send a message via MSN to kaalgat
I felt the first little flutters at around 18 weeks, and definite kicks by 21 weeks. I am now at 29 weeks and little miss kicks hard enough to bump the tv remote off of my belly. She also likes to kick her daddy in the back when we are spooning in bed in the morning
Advertisement
14-03-2012, 17:53   #25
Mink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaalgat View Post
I felt the first little flutters at around 18 weeks, and definite kicks by 21 weeks. I am now at 29 weeks and little miss kicks hard enough to bump the tv remote off of my belly. She also likes to kick her daddy in the back when we are spooning in bed in the morning
I'm looking forward to all this! Reminds me of that Malteasers ad where the woman puts a sweet on her preg belly & baby kicks it off.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion