Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

24-02-2012, 19:10   #1
lilymc
Closed Account

Areas to avoid in D15

Moving to the D15 area in June (part that is south of the N3) just would like to know of areas/roads/estates to avoid when looking for a place to rent. We have a baby so would like to feel safe, you know yourself.

Thanks
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 19:22   #2
Diddler1977

Most parts of D15 are perfectly safe.

Probably better if you put up the specific areas you are thinking of and we can say what they are like.

D15 is a big area and there are many estates within those areas.

Are you thinking of any of the following areas?
Blanchardstown
Castleknock
Ongar
Tyrellstown
Clonsilla
24-02-2012, 19:28   #3
lilymc
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddler1977 View Post
Most parts of D15 are perfectly safe.

Probably better if you put up the specific areas you are thinking of and we can say what they are like.

D15 is a big area and there are many estates within those areas.

Are you thinking of any of the following areas?
Blanchardstown
Castleknock
Ongar
Tyrellstown
Clonsilla

Yes, Blanchardstown, Castleknock, Clonsilla, Coolmine & Carpenterstown. These are the areas we are considering after looking at a map as they are close enough to train stations to commute. If you know anything about them areas it would be a great help.
24-02-2012, 19:47   #4
Diddler1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
Yes, Blanchardstown, Castleknock, Clonsilla, Coolmine & Carpenterstown. These are the areas we are considering after looking at a map as they are close enough to train stations to commute. If you know anything about them areas it would be a great help.
All really safe areas!

Feel free to post which specific estates you are looking at to get views on these....
24-02-2012, 20:14   #5
MrJoeSoap

Mod: Hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddler1977 View Post
All really safe areas!
Depends on how you define safe I guess. I've lived in Clonsilla 26 years and the last 18 months or so have been the worst I've ever known in terms of crime and vandalism. I hate to criticise the area I'm from, but it certainly isn't a bed of roses at the moment. One quick look through the D15 Burglaries thread will show you that.
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 20:31   #6
Gaspode
Woof!

True, but then most areas in Dublin are experiencing the same from what I've heard - it seems to be more a factor related to the current times than a geographic thing.

I think the OP would be naive to expect a crime-free area in a major city, but from my experience and from reading this forum for the past 5 or 6 years, the areas mentioned above are pretty safe and good places to live in.
25-02-2012, 00:04   #7
CrazyRabbit

I've lived all over Dublin and am currently living beside the Clonsilla train station. It's the quietest and safest place I've lived so far.

There is an increase in thefts & burglaries in the area, but I think that's happening everywhere. The risk can be mitigated with some extra security measures.
25-02-2012, 00:34   #8
MrJoeSoap

Mod: Hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRabbit View Post
I've lived all over Dublin and am currently living beside the Clonsilla train station. It's the quietest and safest place I've lived so far.
I can't be further from a kilometre away from you and a gangload of scumbags just turned up for the weekly drug'n'booze party followed by a rampage of car-window smashing and burglaries...

Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 08:28   #9
amdublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeSoap View Post
I can't be further from a kilometre away from you and a gangload of scumbags just turned up for the weekly drug'n'booze party followed by a rampage of car-window smashing and burglaries...

I'm sorrry for you about this. But that is not happening in every single house in D15

This is not a d15 specific issue I.e. Can and does happen in areas all over Dublin.

Last edited by amdublin; 25-02-2012 at 08:33.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 08:32   #10
amdublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
Op, Yes some estates in the above areas are near train station, some for walking, some for driving. But with driving you have to think of parking.

At this point you're going to have to get to estate level, post the estate and we can respond with pros & cons, safety, commuting, amenities etc.

Happy to help! Just ask! Let us know what you're thinking.
25-02-2012, 15:59   #11
twilight_2010

Dublin 15 crime story

Hi,

I'm writing a local story about the level of crime in the area (I know several people who have been mugged recently) would any of you be willing to comment on the situation?

I should say it's a college assignment, so if you don't want to be in a newspaper, don't worry, it won't be published.

Thanks!
25-02-2012, 16:17   #12
Gaspode
Woof!

twilight_2010 please take that request to this forum, thanks
25-02-2012, 17:50   #13
Diddler1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_2010 View Post
Hi,

I'm writing a local story about the level of crime in the area (I know several people who have been mugged recently) would any of you be willing to comment on the situation?

I should say it's a college assignment, so if you don't want to be in a newspaper, don't worry, it won't be published.

Thanks!
I haven't heard of anyone being mugged.
25-02-2012, 19:01   #14
Gaspode
Woof!

Keep to the original topic please.
25-02-2012, 19:07   #15
py2006

For the most part the areas you mentioned are safe. There are some areas of Blanchardstown with some dodgy inhabitants. A drive around the area will help you spot these potentially unsafe areas. The areas close to the train line are very safe areas.

Burglaries are on the rise all over the country unfortunately.

Last edited by py2006; 25-02-2012 at 19:10.
Thread Closed