Whats the real crack on the service costs for New KIA cars - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-02-2012, 12:45   #16
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilig View Post

Services cost €250 - €300 for a basic oil and filter change. .............
lol

I doubt that tbh, it makes the rest of your post rather questionable too.
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 12:53   #17
listermint

Quote:

Services cost €250 - €300 for a basic oil and filter change. I

Ha! was it the Straight Six I30 with MotorSport Pack and Supercharger
24-02-2012, 13:20   #18
reilig
Closed Account

I just picked up the phone to kennedy motors in Birr where my mate bought his car and priced a service for a 2008 i30 1.6 CDRI style (I think that's what he has). I was quoted on 3 services:

€180 for an oil, oil filter and air filter change and associated checks.

€220 for oil, oil filter and diesel filter and associated checks.

€260 for oil, oil filter, diesel filter,and cabin filter (due every year) and associated checks.

*€40 extra for a cabin filter???????? He said it costs €40 to buy from them.
24-02-2012, 13:36   #19
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:

Services cost €250 - €300 for a basic oil and filter change...............
Quote:
I just picked up the phone to kennedy motors in Birr where my mate bought his car and priced a service for a 2008 i30 1.6 CDRI style (I think that's what he has). I was quoted on 3 services:

€180 for an oil, oil filter and air filter change and associated checks.

€220 for oil, oil filter and diesel filter and associated checks.

€260 for oil, oil filter, diesel filter,and cabin filter (due every year) and associated checks.

*€40 extra for a cabin filter???????? He said it costs €40 to buy from them.
€40 for a pollen filter fitted wouldn't be out of the way, as suspected your €250 - €300 for a basic oil and filter change was a tad off the mark
24-02-2012, 13:58   #20
reilig
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverJames View Post
€40 for a pollen filter fitted wouldn't be out of the way, as suspected your €250 - €300 for a basic oil and filter change was a tad off the mark
Basic oil and filter change is €260 according to the garage??? I would consider an air and diesel filter change to be part of a basic service. Would you not?
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 14:51   #21
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
Basic oil and filter change is €260 according to the garage??? I would consider an air and diesel filter change to be part of a basic service. Would you not?
nope, what you pay 60 to your indy is.
You specified basic oil and filter change too earlier.

Last edited by RoverJames; 24-02-2012 at 14:54.
24-02-2012, 14:57   #22
reilig
Closed Account

Quote:
nope, what you pay 60 to your indy is.
You specified basic oil and filter change too earlier.
Well I am clarifying it for you now that I should have put an s at the end and it should have said "filters".

Sorry for the confusion!
24-02-2012, 15:25   #23
derry
Banned

Thanks guys
lots of useful info

Checking the i10,i20,or i30 series seems their fuel figures are at best disappointing and at worst in forums belong in the another cheap oil era

I test drove the i20 and found the left leg for the clutch was a interesting issue for leg space and would suit automatic better

I did good mileage with my 1998 Susiki Swift 1000 cc so i don't seem to suffer doing large mileage in small cars .
At various times I did big mileage with other small cars no real issues.
I also have a 1993 Toyota automatic diesel 1900 non turbo which works well cheap parts but 40MPG on the high way costs too much on fuel. Some twot hit the back wing and did a runner and the repair costs €1500 and i am3rd party only insurance .It make no sense. It might not pass a NCT but is drivable.
I am sure fuel prices will increase too much other wise I would keep that car as many of them can do 500,000 miles and this one has only 130,000 miles on it

My other 1998 fiat Bravo SX eats petrol 35MPG hiway and eats parts for breakfast.Its far cheaper to run a new car than that thing and that was my friend giving it to me for free with only genuine 40,000 miles on the clock

My brother´s car a Volvo 1999 had been off the road for year now due to the cost of replacing headlights. The cost for new solutions cost €600 plus and €260 for the second hand part.It turn out that it wasn't for sure replacement parts could work with the computer system. He risked it bought the spare part second hand and it worked . He put it through the NCT and now its back on the road again.Cost of parts will probably kill that car

It turned out that European cars to stop the cars going across borders to get better deals linked many parts to the computer systems.This often means that second hand part wont work with the computer systems of the car.
So often your forced to buy the parts new and have them matched with the computer in your car .
So running many European cars into old age isnt a real option anymore.
Asain cars it seems never went this way parts are not special coded and are interchangeable
There are other issues to do with many European makes but it shows in the real world the majority of older cars on the road it seems to me to be Asian or Merc or Opel in that order. Spares for Merc are not cheap

So those are the reasons so far

Derry

Last edited by derry; 24-02-2012 at 15:36.
24-02-2012, 15:53   #24
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
Well I am clarifying it for you now that I should have put an s at the end and it should have said "filters".

Sorry for the confusion!
FOr 60 your indy supplies the oil and all filters ?
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 10:10   #25
reilig
Closed Account

Quote:
FOr 60 your indy supplies the oil and all filters ?
No.

The oil, air and diesel filter costs €20 - I buy them in motor factors. The mechanic supplies oil and labour for €40.
27-02-2012, 10:22   #26
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
............... My independent garage services it for Eur60 every 15k Km and has done since day 1 - toyota confirmed that this was enough to cover their warranty.................
Quote:

The oil, air and diesel filter costs €20 - I buy them in motor factors. The mechanic supplies oil and labour for €40.
Once he has his VAT paid he's doing that at a loss.

To be honest, I wouldn't see how you maintain your Auris being any way representative of the cost that someone could expect to budget for when maintaining a modern car.

Most folk don't buy the filters in a factors and then pass them on to a mechanic who will "service" the car and provide the oil for €40.
27-02-2012, 19:44   #27
colm_mcm
rotaredoM

Can't see how he'd have anything left over if he's using the low ash diesel the auris needs

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion