Mandrain? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2012, 15:05   #1
jjjade

Mandrain?

Hey Guys,

this is a bit strange to ask. i have been avoiding fruit for years as the typical excuse 'i didnt like it'. recently i have been eating healthier and bring fruit into my diet at work.

now my problem is, i bought a punnet of either mandrain or clemtine and i loved them, they had seeds in them (if this helps). i have since then bought mandrains from lidl (doesnt actually say what the are on the label) and they where bitter like oranges, so i went to buy mandrains in tesco and same thing.

i liked the small oranges that are like more water (kind of reminds me of MiWadi) and less acidy if that makes sense.

what fruit am i actually looking for when i shop?
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 15:51   #2
Cardinal Richelieu
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjade View Post
Hey Guys,

this is a bit strange to ask. i have been avoiding fruit for years as the typical excuse 'i didnt like it'. recently i have been eating healthier and bring fruit into my diet at work.

now my problem is, i bought a punnet of either mandrain or clemtine and i loved them, they had seeds in them (if this helps). i have since then bought mandrains from lidl (doesnt actually say what the are on the label) and they where bitter like oranges, so i went to buy mandrains in tesco and same thing.

i liked the small oranges that are like more water (kind of reminds me of MiWadi) and less acidy if that makes sense.

what fruit am i actually looking for when i shop?
First of all I will say its fruit not a tin of beans so hard to get a consistent product, you could look out for particular varieties of clementines like nadorcott which is usually sweet but its a little more expensive so its usually in supermarket premium packs. If you like watery bland flavours, satsuma is a good one to try. As you don't seem to like sharp don't ever buy Mandoras from Cyprus, can be worse than eating a grapefruit.

Some tasting notes at the below link plus it tells you when some of the varieties are in season.

http://goodfruitguide.co.uk/fruits/clementines

P.S its mandarin and clementines, I originally thought this was a thread on manflu!

Last edited by Cardinal Richelieu; 21-02-2012 at 17:36.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion