Electricals: xperia mini - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-02-2012, 18:57   #31
54kroc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtb4 View Post
How do people find texting with this?

with the smaller size im worried my fat fingers wont be able to cope
It's fiddly in portrait but in landscape it's fine, i've fat fingers too and I found it very easy to do.
54kroc is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 21:17   #32
CaSCaDe711
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 705
Anyone unlock it yet? Was it easy?

"Might" pick one up this week, and want to throw my Tesco SIM into it
CaSCaDe711 is offline  
29-02-2012, 22:42   #33
livEwirE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,297
Has anyone successfully unlocked one of these phones, the instructions are a bit intimidating, is it really that hard?
livEwirE is offline  
01-03-2012, 08:27   #34
BostonB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54kroc View Post
It's fiddly in portrait but in landscape it's fine, i've fat fingers too and I found it very easy to do.
I find it really good and I'm not the biggest fan of touch screens. I prefer the portrait keyboard.

Last edited by BostonB; 01-03-2012 at 08:32.
BostonB is offline  
01-03-2012, 08:36   #35
glasso
Registered User
 
glasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by livEwirE View Post
Has anyone successfully unlocked one of these phones, the instructions are a bit intimidating, is it really that hard?
no it's not. just follow the instructions that I gave in page 1. worked no probs for me. helps to have another person to put in the usb cable into the phone or pc while you are connecting the 2 points. the most difficult thing for me was figuring out where the connector point was - under the sticker that's under the battery.
glasso is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 11:13   #36
livEwirE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,297
Thanks glasso, hopefully it won't be too tricky, just ordered one through fatcheese
livEwirE is offline  
01-03-2012, 11:53   #37
glasso
Registered User
 
glasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by livEwirE View Post
Thanks glasso, hopefully it won't be too tricky, just ordered one through fatcheese
just re the piece of wire that youll need - the sort of thin stuff that you find in any old electronics works. strip down to copper on both ends and use one of these ends to tie / touch the ground pins (2 close together). get a safety pin an tie other copper wire end to this. pointy needle end of safety pin means that it's easy to accurately touch the test point.
glasso is offline  
01-03-2012, 14:31   #38
BigCon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Midlands
Posts: 1,475
Here's a video of the unlock being done on an xperia active - the mini procedure is identical.
Easy enough (I used the wife's tweezers and it worked fine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OVXMQath0Lk
BigCon is offline  
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 14:48   #39
califano
Registered User
 
califano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,200
How good is the flash?. OP says 'runs flash' but on one spec it was 'flash support' What sort of flash limitations may there be?.
califano is offline  
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 15:09   #40
glasso
Registered User
 
glasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by rounders123 View Post
How good is the flash?. OP says 'runs flash' but on one spec it was 'flash support' What sort of flash limitations may there be?.
runs video on sites like rte player, bbc site etc no probs. that's as much as I wanted and it works seamlessly. haven't tried flash games.
glasso is offline  
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 15:10   #41
dog_pig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 225
Is there any way to unlock the Xperia Mini for free or do you need to pay to have it done?
dog_pig is offline  
01-03-2012, 15:44   #42
glasso
Registered User
 
glasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,286
NO free way. cheapest is 20 dollars through fastgsm. pay by paypal or cc.
glasso is offline  
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 15:50   #43
BostonB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
runs video on sites like rte player, bbc site etc no probs. that's as much as I wanted and it works seamlessly. haven't tried flash games.
I haven't found anything it can't do yet. Its 1 Ghz so its pretty snappy.

Is the GPS quick enough on it, I'm wondering it paying for a bit of data to use Google maps. I'm used to Nokia where you had OVI maps locally, no need for a data connection.
BostonB is offline  
01-03-2012, 16:53   #44
glasso
Registered User
 
glasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB View Post
I haven't found anything it can't do yet. Its 1 Ghz so its pretty snappy.

Is the GPS quick enough on it, I'm wondering it paying for a bit of data to use Google maps. I'm used to Nokia where you had OVI maps locally, no need for a data connection.
haven't used that on it as my mum has the phone but android google maps in general is pretty good but you do need data as you said. no free offline maps on android.
glasso is offline  
01-03-2012, 19:27   #45
polaris68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
haven't used that on it as my mum has the phone but android google maps in general is pretty good but you do need data as you said. no free offline maps on android.
You can pre-download google maps and use them offline.

polaris68 is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet