Originally Posted by Frank11
I need to unlock this to work with Meteor.
"These models require to connect TP (test point) to GND (ground). In such case just short the TP to the ground using metal clip, wire or tweezers and plug the USB cable to the phone. Disconnect TP once software to do so."
Any youtube links for this?
What about the many shops in town offering this service, are they ok?
on this page you'll see a pic for the mini (st15). you need to peel back the sticker under the battery to find it. it will be on the bottom 1/2, slightly on the right. then get a wire and put a safety pin on one end to hit the test point. put the other end to the ground - see st18 pic. these need to be connected as you connect the phone by usb to the pc. keep the battery out. you can't screw your phone up doing this - don't worry. just get the right point tho.
steps in order.
1. buy 1 credit from gsm unlock - 20 dollars. must register with them.
2. download software from their site for unlock.
3. login to software with registration info.
4. should show the credit you have. select unlock
5. when asked to connect phone do so by connecting test points to ground first and keep connected. then put in usb.
6. keep connected until unlock software tells u to do so.
7. will say unlock successful. done. disconnect phone and turn off and on. use whatever sim you want.
there is no youtube for this - I had to piece this together myself so enjoy the benefit of my research!