Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-02-2012, 18:02   #16
amdublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGOBS View Post
The whole point is explanation

I have had no trouble explaining why the teacher 'incorrectly IMHO' marked her work wrong without bothering to see if the child understood at all

The child done exactly as the workbook suggested

Mountains and molehills, maybe, but have you ever heard the expression 'even the ears have walls'

I teach adults, and if they got an exercise wrong through my lack of explanation I would hardly blame them would I, no, because I wouldn't get away with it, whereas a 6 year old hasn't that confidence or ability to debate an issue with a teacher

As for it being a process leading to joined writing, they already have a copybook for joined writing sentences, so no need to do this, in fact the work was futile as they are already doing dictation!
Okay so you've now explained to your child that the teacher wants her to do the other k's. So problem solved?!

I've never heard the saying "even the ears have walls".
I've heard the saying "the walls have ears". For example, "be careful the walls have ears" meaning: be careful what you say, people are listening/you might be overheard.
You might explain what you mean please?

Last edited by amdublin; 19-02-2012 at 18:18.
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 00:11   #17
DGOBS

The reverse situation, ie, you haven't been following what I am saying...your ears have walls

Yes the problem has been solved by me, I originally queried into why this was done by the teacher and was there any reason for it before I did anything to undermine her, to the answer, dude, let the teacher teach, not really a forward thinking combined teacher/parent approach to education
20-02-2012, 08:39   #18
amdublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGOBS View Post
The reverse situation, ie, you haven't been following what I am saying...your ears have walls

Yes the problem has been solved by me, I originally queried into why this was done by the teacher and was there any reason for it before I did anything to undermine her, to the answer, dude, let the teacher teach, not really a forward thinking combined teacher/parent approach to education
Imo combined teaching is practising what the teacher taught during the day. The teacher had marked your daughter wrong and told her she needed to do her k's a different way.

I've never heard that exprrssion before. I googled it but it seems not to exist lol! But i take on board what you are trying to say. I'm sorry you think i'm closed but i'm genuinely finding it hard to understand that you cannot just continue the teachers instructions at home.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion