Dating over 40 - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-02-2012, 21:46   #31
Galen
Closed Account

Hi rebelwoman, your response reminded me to get off my arse and get on with online dating lark. I'd put it off because of other distractions - most due my own carelessness :-D and computer breakdowns. So thanks.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 09:25   #32
Dovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen View Post
Hi rebelwoman, your response reminded me to get off my arse and get on with online dating lark. I'd put it off because of other distractions - most due my own carelessness :-D and computer breakdowns. So thanks.
Its a bit daunting at the start and you need a thick skin - believe me!! But once you get going and start messaging people it gets a bit easier. Do put a pic up though - seriously saves the embarassment of mailing one later and then never hearing from them again!
27-02-2012, 12:18   #33
rebelwoman

Hi Galen Glad to be of help and I hope it all works out for you You really have nothing to lose by joining one of the dating sites (except your sanity of course)
I understand where you are coming from Dovies by saying you should post a picture. Personally I dont and when I explain to people why they seem to understand. I will send a pic when I get to know them and if they dont like what they see I have no problem with that. I certainly would not feel embarrassed if they did not respond after that (actually I dont think that anybody has not responded after I send a pic so maybe I will have to wait and see how i really feel if that should happen!!)
27-02-2012, 12:24   #34
Dovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
I certainly would not feel embarrassed if they did not respond after that (actually I dont think that anybody has not responded after I send a pic so maybe I will have to wait and see how i really feel if that should happen!!)
I have my pics up but when I didnt I had no problem getting replies when I sent them like you. However, I believe men seem to have more trouble in that area than us women folk!!
Thanks from:
27-02-2012, 12:34   #35
rebelwoman

Yes I have heard that from some men but I would usually go on the profile first anyway and if I like something there I would message and take it from there. You have no guarantees with pics same as with what you are reading in the profiles. Its just a chance we have to take. It can be fun though weeding through the lies to find the right ones
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 12:39   #36
Dovies

Im finding a lot of men over 40 are trying to 'discover their youth' and 'sow their wild oats' again. Obviously most of them have come out of long relationships and dont want to settle down just yet. Any of the men on here find the same with women?
27-02-2012, 18:48   #37
Galen
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovies View Post
I have my pics up but when I didnt I had no problem getting replies when I sent them like you. However, I believe men seem to have more trouble in that area than us women folk!!
I always put up an up-to-date photo of myself on Facebook, Google+ and now Match.ie, it's quite pathetic for a man to misrepresent one's self.

Women must protect themselves from the sinister element online anyway they can - some sort of self-defense classes would be a good idea for all women.
27-02-2012, 22:03   #38
rebelwoman

Best of luck with it Galen hope you have lots of success
27-02-2012, 22:15   #39
Dovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen View Post
Women must protect themselves from the sinister element online anyway they can - some sort of self-defense classes would be a good idea for all women.
Never heard of online self defence classes
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 23:46   #40
Jellybaby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovies View Post
Never heard of online self defence classes

O&O's should remember there used to be Irish dancing on the radio, so why not online self defence classes!
11-03-2012, 19:29   #41
rebelwoman

Ok its been a while now and I for one am dying to know if Julius C and Galen have actually tried out the online dating and how they are getting on? Hope its working out for someone
11-03-2012, 19:39   #42
Galen
Closed Account

Quote:
Ok its been a while now and I for one am dying to know if Julius C and Galen have actually tried out the online dating and how they are getting on? Hope its working out for someone
Hi Rebelwoman, so far it's rather disappointing. Like I suspected, it's like pulling teeth - painful. I joined AnotherFriend, nothing has happened yet to make me consider upgrading to a premium account. I believe in full disclosure in my profile ie. that I'm volunteer teacher and other while unemployed. I've had many contact messages and have sent several contact messages but no reward. It must be technique :-D
11-03-2012, 19:58   #43
rebelwoman

Hi Galen sorry its not going well for you I have replied to some men who are unemployed (half the country in that situation at present!)You just havent met the right women yet. Give it time. Glad you responded cos I was real curious to know how it was going. Good luck again
11-03-2012, 21:00   #44
Galen
Closed Account

Quote:
Hi Galen sorry its not going well for you I have replied to some men who are unemployed (half the country in that situation at present!)You just havent met the right women yet. Give it time. Glad you responded cos I was real curious to know how it was going. Good luck again
Hi Rebelwoman, I've local women friends that are in the same opinion as you and I'm not one to give up easily. So thanks for asking but I have a long slog in front of me yet. Besides that, I need to find something to do; get a job or get in college, one must keep trundling along.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 09:13   #45
Dovies

Galen believe me online dating thing is a tough slog - I have been at it for a while! You need to broaden your dating pool - difficult I know as I haven't been able to do it. Come along to the tGC beers and meet a few more boardsies - you too Rebelwoman!
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion