Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2012, 21:34   #46
ChippingSodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAFC View Post
I don't get drunk. I try to keep my dignity.
You're not trying hard enough...
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 21:38   #47
Gran Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Pathe View Post
Arrested is peanuts ever bn in prison?
Were you done for possession of a couple of E?

Last edited by Gran Hermano; 16-02-2012 at 21:43.
16-02-2012, 21:45   #48
phasers

not arrested, but I was driven home in a garda car once for, and I quote, 'acting the bollocks'. i wouldn't mind but I didn't even throw any of the water balloons.

They said that I'd get a warning in the post or some shyte but I never did, the two gardai were fairly cool so I don't think they bothered writing it up.
16-02-2012, 22:11   #49
bodhrandude

Twice, once in Scotland and once over here, both times was for possession of hash, when I was done in Ireland there was a raid on our house because it was a busy place full of heads and musicians, that was back in 2001 though so hopefully a clear slate in my criminal record again by now. Apparently there is a ten year thing that if you do not re-offend your record goes clear again. Can anyone confirm this as I would still love the visit the US sometime and hopefully this old offence will not come up against me.

Last edited by bodhrandude; 16-02-2012 at 22:13.
16-02-2012, 22:23   #50
flanders1979

No not yet. Never say never.
Someone might break into my house. I might have to run over them by accident.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 22:23   #51
Conor84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChippingSodbury View Post
I was arrested back in college (drink-related) and spent the night in a cell. Ended up in court the next week and it made the local paper. I got some shock when I met the solicitor before court and he said "well, the good news is that it doesn't carry a custodial sentence"! Got some lecture off the Judge...and charge dismissed. It was one of the hardest things I had to do, standing up in front of the judge, taking a bollocking and trying to keep a straight face, knowing my student mates were in the gallery in hysterics!
That's the other part I still have to come. Would be gutted if it made the papers. Only been in court for a motoring fine before.
16-02-2012, 22:52   #52
senorwipesalot
Closed Account

No,I usually shoot my way out of such situations.
16-02-2012, 23:02   #53
Domo230
Closed Account

Never been even stopped by the guards. Although I rarely drink, don't do drugs and don't hang out with scumbags so I'm not surprised that the guards have always been very polite to me.
16-02-2012, 23:11   #54
cloptrop
Banned

i beat the piss out of some fella I seen attacking two girls when I ws out on the town, Turned out they robbed his phone nd he was only trying to get it back , was looking at prison time. They thought I was a phone robber too.
He was a foreigner and went back home after like the 15th time the case was put back . Got off .
I thought I had been arrested for being drunk in public until I got the summons.

Last edited by cloptrop; 16-02-2012 at 23:53.
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 10:33   #55
ChippingSodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor84 View Post
That's the other part I still have to come. Would be gutted if it made the papers. Only been in court for a motoring fine before.
Your solicitor usually will know the reporters and could ask them as a favour not to print anything. That's what my fella tried but he said that it was so funny, they printed it anyway!

Either way, it's not the end of the world: these things always blow over. We were all young and silly once (despite some of the holier than thou attitudes you might come across...)
17-02-2012, 10:43   #56
The Snipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ix Deadmau5 View Post
Not personally. Two of my friends got arrested 2 weeks in a row a few weeks ago. One was taking a picture of the guards and got nabbed, they're still refusing to give his passport back I think.
Thats not illegal at all o.o
17-02-2012, 10:55   #57
yosser hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor84 View Post
Are you actually being charged? How serious was this row? I thought they usually just gave cautions for this kind of thing which does not require a court appearance. What did they say to you when they were letting you go?
17-02-2012, 10:58   #58
mikemac1

Been in court twice for TV licence
Could you live with the shame??

Two speeding tickets, hands up I deserved them

Multiple house parties broken up by gardaí calling to the door. Neighbours hated me lol

Never been arrested though
17-02-2012, 11:23   #59
Corruptable

Nope, never had any negative encounters with the law.

That said, as we all now know, if you attempt on stop a criminal you will suffer arrest, charge, a likely indictment and a jury trial costing in the region of six figures to defend against.
17-02-2012, 13:52   #60
Conor84

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosser hughes View Post
Are you actually being charged? How serious was this row? I thought they usually just gave cautions for this kind of thing which does not require a court appearance. What did they say to you when they were letting you go?

Yeah I got charged and have a court date in a few weeks and had to sign a bail bond. I know someone who got a caution for something similar so I'm not sure why I didn't get that - would be a lot better for me. I put up a question in the Legal forum and someone posted up a document explaining the caution system but have to read it properly later.

I have a juvenile caution from 10 years ago when I was 17 and got a motoring fine in court so don't know if that makes a difference.

The row wasn't that serious at all but I got a bit thick with the Garda when they came so didn't help myself. I got 3 charge sheets when I got out - drunk and a danger to myself and others, threatening and abusive behaviour and resisting a Garda

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion