Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

16-02-2012, 18:36   #31
newballsplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postgrad10 View Post
Why bother repeating this as it was already mentioned above . Talk about just wanting to have something to say .

Good luck with your applications everyone
Why bother quoteing it when its allready been said??!

Yes this could go on... I only responded to point out the not so obvious apparently!
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 18:46   #32
boobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenHazard View Post
I applied, what kind of stuff would you do in this job?
Clerical Work, dealing with queries, filing etc.
Thanks from:
17-02-2012, 05:14   #33
Broads.ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newballsplease View Post
Why bother quoteing it when its allready been said??!

Yes this could go on... I only responded to point out the not so obvious apparently!
17-02-2012, 17:30   #34
culsoh

I've just submitted my application.

I read the Information Booklet - your only allowed to chose one location from List A and B.
Unfortuntely none of the locations on List B are anywhere near me... so I'm left with chosing one location from List A - which won't be easy as I live on the border of Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and Louth..

This may be a cheeky question, but does anyone know where I'd be better off selecting as my location in Stage B??

Just after being made redundant and getting married in September so I'm really really hoping I get something from this - I just wanna try and get the best possible chance by choosing a county where theres actual vacancies... Anyone know??? Or Know how I'd find out??
17-02-2012, 18:26   #35
Atlantis50

Quote:
Originally Posted by culsoh View Post
I've just submitted my application.

I read the Information Booklet - your only allowed to chose one location from List A and B.
Unfortuntely none of the locations on List B are anywhere near me... so I'm left with chosing one location from List A - which won't be easy as I live on the border of Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and Louth..

This may be a cheeky question, but does anyone know where I'd be better off selecting as my location in Stage B??

Just after being made redundant and getting married in September so I'm really really hoping I get something from this - I just wanna try and get the best possible chance by choosing a county where theres actual vacancies... Anyone know??? Or Know how I'd find out??
Whichever town listed has the most civil servants will likely be the one with most vacancies.

So the question is how do you find out which town employs the most civil servants?

Best way I can think of is looking at the governments info on decentralisation:

http://www.decentralisation.gov.ie/D...radvanced.html
http://www.decentralisation.gov.ie/D...udget2004.html

Decentralisation plans proceeding (numbers from 2nd link – 2004 Govt announcement):

Buncrana: 120 jobs in Dept. of Social Protection.
Gweedore: 30 jobs in Foras Na Gaeilge.
Listowel: 50 jobs with the Revenue.

No information on the others.

Of course, there are also other civil service jobs in those locations unrelated to decentralisation but there doesn’t appear to be any way to determine numbers for those.

Bottom line: Pick Buncrana!
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 22:54   #36
cena

Why do they ask for you pps number. Is it for them to find out if some one has been on the dole or what not for a long time
18-02-2012, 00:42   #37
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
Why do they ask for you pps number. Is it for them to find out if some one has been on the dole or what not for a long time
I don't believe so.

Like any employer, the government has to tax its staff.

Many bit employers collect PPS at job-application time, 'cos then they are 100% certain they've got it later when they need it. This also filters out people who don't have one.
18-02-2012, 00:55   #38
cee_jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
The PPS Number is currently captured at registration stage on publicjobs.ie. This assists in the identification and verification of applicants at various stages of the selection process and is used to identify duplicate applicants.
http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/PPSN/Pages/rou.aspx#pas
(2) thanks from:
21-02-2012, 12:51   #39
Monkey09

I applied for this a few days ago but I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement through my email. On publicjobs.ie, it says that my application has been submitted so I'm hoping I didn't miss out on anything...
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 13:43   #40
Postgrad10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey09 View Post
I applied for this a few days ago but I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement through my email. On publicjobs.ie, it says that my
application has been submitted so I'm hoping I didn't miss out on anything...
Check your spam , sometimes mail goes in there
21-02-2012, 13:54   #41
theparish

Quote:
I applied for this a few days ago but I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement through my email. On publicjobs.ie, it says that my application has been submitted so I'm hoping I didn't miss out on anything...
I am in the same boat,I have not yet received an e-mail with the skills and experience questionnaire and my account reads submitted.It states in the handbook to ring a certain phone no. if there is no e-mail by next Friday.
21-02-2012, 14:19   #42
keepkeyyellow

Just wondering if anyone on here was a TCO in Cork last year and if so where were you placed? I'm curious to see what departments hire
21-02-2012, 14:39   #43
Barnet

Quote:
I applied yesterday, no acknowledgement email received as yet, nothing in spam. Application states 'submitted', if no email received by friday I'll give them a ring.
21-02-2012, 14:43   #44
Postgrad10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparish View Post
Quote:
I am in the same boat,I have not yet received an e-mail with the skills and experience questionnaire and my account reads submitted.It states in the handbook to ring a certain phone no. if there is no e-mail by next Friday.

I don't think anyone has received the questionnaire as of yet. The info said that it would be sent out after the deadline . No panic yet . As long as we get it before Friday.
21-02-2012, 17:07   #45
Postgrad10

The deadline has been extended for this until 12 midnight for some reason.
Thread Closed