Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your diet?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Rule 1. Never eat something that grows inside what your eating, ie egg and chicken together, big no no.

Damn it.

There goes my plan for this evenings dinner.

Pan fried wife with a side of baby and toddler mash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I know a few posters on another forum who don't eat breakfast. They basically eat in a 9 hour window and thats all. Very easy to get use to not eating breakfast and have no hunger pangs.

It's called Intermittent Fasting (bit of a long read that) and has many benefits
    I'm reading it from my iPhone here, so it's a bit awkward, but it seems like that's a deliberate thing that's done. With me it certainly isn't, I can be quite nauseous in the morning - and NO! It's not the P word =P

I haven't really sat down and eaten a proper breakfast early in the morning since my mother made me in primary school. Heading towards lunch time or in some cases tea time before my stomach 'wakes up' is the term I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I don't buy into this whole low carb thing at all.
    I eat a fair whack of carbs, and use them all in my daily routine, and have a comfortable 14% body fat.
    although I suppose if you're driving to and from work, and sitting behind a desk all day it might be slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I don't buy into this whole low carb thing at all.
    I eat a fair whack of carbs, and use them all in my daily routine, and have a comfortable 14% body fat.
    although I suppose if you're driving to and from work, and sitting behind a desk all day it might be slightly different.

Different strokes for different folks. The amount of ****e I used to eat daily would have fed a small family and I never gained a pound. Doesn't mean I'd recommend my former diet to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

I eat healthy enough during the week..it's only on weekends we really pig out ;) But thats okay i guess...as long as there is a balance in your diet and you feel good about yourself all is good! Its all about beein aware of what your stuffing your face with and appreciating good food! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I don't eat simple carbs because I'm too lazy to exercise so the weight piles on if I eat even a slice of bread. 168cm and 62kg so it works perfectly!! :) Never had so much energy since I went off the carbs, but I reckon that could be because I might be wheat intolerant or something. My brother is coeliac and I've been tested many times on suspicion of being one too.

And as a general rule of thumb, if something didn't exist when my grandmother was a child (obviously not just in Ireland as there'd be fèck all choice then), I won't eat it. Too much preservatives and chemicals in food now.

Advertisement