What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4 - Page 168 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-02-2012, 13:02   #2506
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
yea go down the "wouldnt this be a nice idea" route so
Rang there. Tried this approach and it worked well. His mother thought it was a great idea.

Happy with myself now !

...except I've put salad all over myself today. It just won't go in my mouth
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 13:12   #2507
Links234
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

hey everyone

can someone tell me, where's a good place to get reasonably priced women's combats? been looking for a while, and I just can't seem to find anything.
20-02-2012, 13:17   #2508
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links234 View Post
hey everyone

can someone tell me, where's a good place to get reasonably priced women's combats? been looking for a while, and I just can't seem to find anything.
I've been looking for awhile and there doesn't seem to be any out there as they aren't in fashion ATM
20-02-2012, 13:19   #2509
krudler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julybreeze View Post
I joined an online dating site last night, i've never even thought about it before but the idea just pooped into my head so I said i'd go for it with an open mind and see what happens.

Like with most things theres a big 'but'. I would love to meet someone BUT I wouldn't be entirely comfortable telling friends and family that we met through a dating site. I'm in my early 20's and I feel like it's more acceptable for the over 30's to turn to the internet for dating and that the general attitude would be why can't you just go out to the pub and meet someone like other people you age.

I'm probably being really silly here so if you think I am tell me!
tell them he mauled you outside a supermacs at 3am like "normal" irish people get together, I wouldnt worry about it, my brief venture into online dating was fun, it just cuts through all the intitial flirting crap that goes with meeting people in pubs and clubs, and you know everyone is there for the same or similar reasons. have fun with it
(2) thanks from:
20-02-2012, 13:23   #2510
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
It's funny how meeting someone outside a pub/nightclub/fast-food place absolutely hammered is deemed socially acceptable and yet meeting online still has some stigma attached to it.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 13:24   #2511
Links234
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stench Blossoms View Post
I've been looking for awhile and there doesn't seem to be any out there as they aren't in fashion ATM
poop

I'll probably have to wait until I go to London so. I've got 2 really awesome pairs of combats I got last time I was there, but they're not every day wear, I'd like to get something just for regular wear.

well, good news...

I've gone and had a really wonderful weekend with my girlfriend, we really did a lot of stuff, went for a walk up a big hill, which was quite steep, on saturday, and a big long walk yesterday too. really shattered after all that, but it was amazing.

I am really making good progress with my weight loss, I'll nearly have dropped a stone since christmas I'm quite amazed with myself, to be honest.

and I finally have a new graphics card on the way, hurrah! I can get back to playing Skyrim and World of Warcraft and all that
20-02-2012, 13:29   #2512
Princess Peach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julybreeze View Post
I joined an online dating site last night, i've never even thought about it before but the idea just pooped into my head so I said i'd go for it with an open mind and see what happens.

Like with most things theres a big 'but'. I would love to meet someone BUT I wouldn't be entirely comfortable telling friends and family that we met through a dating site. I'm in my early 20's and I feel like it's more acceptable for the over 30's to turn to the internet for dating and that the general attitude would be why can't you just go out to the pub and meet someone like other people you age.

I'm probably being really silly here so if you think I am tell me!
I understand! I met my boyfriend on Boards, but very few people know that! I lied to my family and told them I met him through friends, I told my friends I met him through family.

It was just easier when we were just starting to go out without having to deal with all the judgement and questions from people. Don't think I'd really care now if they knew.

I think its just cause its such a new form of meeting partners, people don't really know how to react? If you don't feel comfortable, just don't tell them how you met.

Good luck with it
20-02-2012, 13:29   #2513
LostGirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_LS_88 View Post
I'm using Hotmail actually. Don't really want to stop using it because it's my personal one and I've signed up for a good few sites with that one. I have another one for official stuff like for putting on my CV and for my IVNA stuff.
Jane get rid of it straight away! Everyone I know that used it has had theirs spammed or hacked or whatever! Mine did a couple of years ago, my brothers recently, my friend about a month ago everyone! Set up gmail and you get everything forwarded from your hotmail but close the account! Then you can continue to use it for the sites you've signed up to with it! It's easy to change the email address on sites anyway! It's worth it especially if you have contacts in your addresses book that are professional like college tutors/anyone you've applied to for a job etc! They'll send to everyone.

PS Hope today went/is going well for you! XX

Still very much confused over my boy but there's nothing I can do at the moment, we're on a break and it's just wait and see where we go from here when we meet up during the week! It's so hard, I miss him so much, hope he misses me too!!
20-02-2012, 13:30   #2514
Ophiopogon
Closed Account

I've not seen a good pair of combats since for about 10 years, use to love wearing them with trucker t-shirts back in the day.
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 13:34   #2515
ellieh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links234 View Post
hey everyone

Might be worth having a look on ebay, there are quite a few for sale there.
20-02-2012, 13:37   #2516
rainshowers82

Im in such bad form today
20-02-2012, 13:44   #2517
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGirly View Post
Still very much confused over my boy but there's nothing I can do at the moment, we're on a break and it's just wait and see where we go from here when we meet up during the week! It's so hard, I miss him so much, hope he misses me too!!
I bet he does ;-)
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 13:46   #2518
monkeysnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
Have fun!!

+1!! I love 'Bottom' and 'The Young Ones' and thought 'Drop Dead Fred' was great.
When Rik Mayall was almost killed and left with minor brain damage after that horrific quad bike accident a few years ago I was devastated!!
its amazing how watching 2 people beat the crap out of each other and sticking darts in each others eyes hasnt made me into a serial killer, its such good entertainment, ade and rick are pure genious's

i dare anyone to watch this and not at leaste smile

Last edited by monkeysnapper; 20-02-2012 at 13:51.
20-02-2012, 13:54   #2519
Links234
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

oh, I really want this!
20-02-2012, 13:56   #2520
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Applied for an internship maybe 2 hours ago - interview already lined up this Wednesday.
Thread Closed