RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please - Page 28 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-02-2012, 15:49   #406
antkeane

Here actually i'm going in to the police station now to report it. Should have done it sooner. my apologies.
Advertisement
23-02-2012, 16:13   #407
antkeane

Righty, just done that.
23-02-2012, 18:02   #408
cloptrop
Banned

Fair play to ye dude , could be nothing could be everything .
Thanks from:
23-02-2012, 18:22   #409
Wexlady44

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkeane View Post
Righty, just done that.

Thanks a million for doing that.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support.
23-02-2012, 20:12   #410
amdublin

Good luck wexlady i hope paul comes home or makes contact with you soon.
Advertisement
23-02-2012, 20:24   #411
Mance Rayder
Closed Account

May I ask? I'm sure it already has been mentoined before, but how tall is Paul? I commute all over the city every day and see an aweful lot of people on the 4 trains I get. I have been keeping an eye out for him but keep wondering if he is tall or short.
23-02-2012, 20:27   #412
KKkitty

Wexlady I can only imagine what you're going through. I really hope this works out for you
23-02-2012, 20:48   #413
Eod100

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoStudent View Post
May I ask? I'm sure it already has been mentoined before, but how tall is Paul? I commute all over the city every day and see an aweful lot of people on the 4 trains I get. I have been keeping an eye out for him but keep wondering if he is tall or short.
Paul is 5 ft 10 inches according to the missing posters

http://cube.netsoc.tcd.ie/bunbun.jpg
Thanks from:
23-02-2012, 21:20   #414
antkeane

No worries. I gave the cops in mountjoy this thread too. Hopefully they follow it up. Best of luck.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 15:34   #415
Andy!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by username_x View Post
Is it possible that Paul purchased a new "Leap Card"?? They can be used on bus, luas and the train. It would draw less attention to him because he wouldnt have any contact with the bus driver etc., he'd just be scanning his card. May be worth finding out, as each card as a unique number, and when they are sold through paypal, the card number and list of journeys can be traced, it may give some indication as to where he is.
Leap card users have to interact to some extent with drivers, they have to go up to the cab and speak with the driver. If they have a rambler card however, they just scan it in the machine.
24-02-2012, 18:16   #416
collier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy!! View Post
Leap card users have to interact to some extent with drivers, they have to go up to the cab and speak with the driver. If they have a rambler card however, they just scan it in the machine.
That is not entirely true you can use a LeapCard without interacting with the driver using the standalone validators.

I really hope Paul is safe and well and gets home soon. I am allways checking this forum for good news.
24-02-2012, 20:03   #417
plasmaguy

Hi All.

I think the possibility he was heading in the direction of the ferry is an interesting lead to be honest. It would be good to rule it in or out, so as to know if he is still in Ireland or else possibly left Ireland.

Surely one or all of the ferry companies keep records of passengers?

I think it would definitely be a good idea to get in touch with them to see if they can help.

Is it possible to buy tickets at the ferry depot, without ID? I also think they have cameras at the ferry depots, definitely at Hollyhead they do.

Apart from that maybe he might have bought a ferry ticket online?

Last edited by plasmaguy; 24-02-2012 at 20:12.
(2) thanks from:
25-02-2012, 11:15   #418
Andy!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by collier View Post
That is not entirely true you can use a LeapCard without interacting with the driver using the standalone validators.
The ones that you hold the rambler cards up to? How does the fair get decided then? As far as I am aware a leap card user has to go up to the validator thats right beside the cab and in full view of the driver.

To be honest I'm rather curious that he's been spotted in the same place he was last seen... would love to know what that's about. Hopefully it was actually him and he's still with us.

Was he having girl trouble or anything? Was he going through anything out of the ordinary that might explain his dissapearance? Could provide clues to where he might be spending his time or visiting...
Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 15:40   #419
ToniTuddle

Just a thought does he have a 3V card? You simply top them up in shops. He would be able to buy tickets for a ferry or whatever online using a 3V card? Think the limit on them is a couple of hundred.
25-02-2012, 15:54   #420
collier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy!! View Post
The ones that you hold the rambler cards up to? How does the fair get decided then? As far as I am aware a leap card user has to go up to the validator thats right beside the cab and in full view of the driver.
If you use the standalone validator then the fair deducted is a flat fair of €2.40. I am not here to argue the workings of bus ticketing etc.

I constantly view this thread with the hope of coming across good news.

Paul, If you happen to view this thread please contact someone who you trust just so your familys mind can be put at ease knowing you are safe.

If anyone else happens to have any lead at all please act on it as quickly as possible do not rely on "someone else might do it".

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion