Quest bars - Where to buy? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2012, 13:47   #1
Gummy Panda
It rubs the lotion on the belly...

Quest bars - Where to buy?

I normally buy these off discountsupplements.ie but they only stock two flavours which I'm kinda bored off. Anyone know anywhere else that stocks them and has reasonable shipping to Ireland?
Advertisement
03-02-2012, 16:03   #2
neonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummy Panda View Post
I normally buy these off discountsupplements.ie but they only stock two flavours which I'm kinda bored off. Anyone know anywhere else that stocks them and has reasonable shipping to Ireland?
iHerb have them.

http://www.iherb.com/Protein-Bars
Thanks from:
03-02-2012, 17:31   #3
Gummy Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonman View Post
I bought some Apple Pies ones today. First time using iHerb, though I got it sent to my home so I'll probably have to collect from local sorting office. Wasn't sure to get sent to my job incase customs caught it and tried to bill them.
04-02-2012, 00:26   #4
nbrady20009

Quote:
Quote:
I bought some Apple Pies ones today. First time using iHerb, though I got it sent to my home so I'll probably have to collect from local sorting office. Wasn't sure to get sent to my job incase customs caught it and tried to bill them.
What's the texture like? I tried a few of the MP Mybar High Pro ones and they were awful, very dense and gritty. Flavours weren't much better either.
04-02-2012, 00:43   #5
Gummy Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrady20009 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What's the texture like? I tried a few of the MP Mybar High Pro ones and they were awful, very dense and gritty. Flavours weren't much better either.
Much nicer then MP's bars. More doughy and not really sweet. They don't have that horrible artificial taste some protein bars have.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-02-2012, 11:55   #6
marathonic

Quote:
Much nicer then MP's bars. More doughy and not really sweet. They don't have that horrible artificial taste some protein bars have.
You'll be glad to know that I, and many others, have had multiple shippings from iHerb and haven't yet been hit with customs charges. I've been told before that the delivery options chosen can make a difference to whether you're charged or not so I always go for the cheapest, $4 option (International Airmail).

If my order is over $80 or 4lbs in weight (which would result in being unable to select the cheaper delivery option), I split it over multiple orders and order on different days. That way, if I eventually get hit with customs, it's unlikely that I'll be hit on both - and the value of the order will be that low that customs may not bother trying to chase it up.

If anyone is ordering, feel free to use my referral code (ROR319). This will get you $5 off your first order. Disclosure: This will also get me a 4% commission on the value of your order towards my next order.
04-02-2012, 20:32   #7
Gummy Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonic View Post
You'll be glad to know that I, and many others, have had multiple shippings from iHerb and haven't yet been hit with customs charges. I've been told before that the delivery options chosen can make a difference to whether you're charged or not so I always go for the cheapest, $4 option (International Airmail).

If my order is over $80 or 4lbs in weight (which would result in being unable to select the cheaper delivery option), I split it over multiple orders and order on different days. That way, if I eventually get hit with customs, it's unlikely that I'll be hit on both - and the value of the order will be that low that customs may not bother trying to chase it up.

If anyone is ordering, feel free to use my referral code (ROR319). This will get you $5 off your first order. Disclosure: This will also get me a 4% commission on the value of your order towards my next order.
How long does delivery usual take?
10-02-2012, 18:25   #8
Gummy Panda

My quest bars showed up!! iherb took about a week which is good considering how cheap it was.

Apple pie quest bars taste insanely good for a bar, never mind a protein bar with an amazing profile.
10-02-2012, 19:51   #9
Orla K

Quote:
My quest bars showed up!! iherb took about a week which is good considering how cheap it was.

Apple pie quest bars taste insanely good for a bar, never mind a protein bar with an amazing profile.
I got the choc brownie one, heated up it's fantastic! Had a bit of cream left over from something and chopped up a banana, they're brilliant
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-02-2012, 19:52   #10
Transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orla K View Post
I got the choc brownie one, heated up it's fantastic! Had a bit of cream left over from something and chopped up a banana, they're brilliant
The lemon and coconut ones are stunning and only use stevia
15-02-2012, 14:00   #11
Gummy Panda

I think I'm becoming addicted to quest bars. The Apple pie ones are outstanding. You bite into it and get a thick chewie part and its a piece of cooking apple.

My birthday is coming up. If anyone asks me what I want, I think I'll suggest a box of quest bars
16-02-2012, 11:08   #12
wasabi

I've tried the vanilla almond crunch bars, they're fantastic. Must get hold of these other flavours. I've contacted discount supplements to ask them if they'd consider getting more flavours in, might be worth others doing so as well. If they see the demand they might do it!
16-02-2012, 11:57   #13
wasabi

Apparently they're getting 4 more flavours in next week:
Apple Pie
Chocolate Brownie
Mixed Berry Bliss
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Thanks from:
16-02-2012, 12:03   #14
Transform

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
I've tried the vanilla almond crunch bars, they're fantastic. Must get hold of these other flavours. I've contacted discount supplements to ask them if they'd consider getting more flavours in, might be worth others doing so as well. If they see the demand they might do it!
just get them from www.iherb.com

but dont be like some clients i recommended them to, this is a typical conversation -

Me - "so you like the quest bars?"
Client - "oh yes they are a total life saver when i am out and about, collecting the kids, travelling etc and love the lemon one, tastes like a real treat!"
Me "you feel good taking them and body fat droping?"
Client - "well not seeing any major changes in body fat yet"
Me - "out of interest how often are you taking a bar?"
Client - "oh 2 maybe three times a day, with a piece of fruit and maybe one after dinner, you know"
Me "ok hand me back that box please and step away from the quest bars slowly as you are going overkill on them!!!"
(2) thanks from:
16-02-2012, 13:46   #15
wasabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transform View Post
just get them from www.iherb.com

but dont be like some clients i recommended them to, this is a typical conversation -

Me - "so you like the quest bars?"
Client - "oh yes they are a total life saver when i am out and about, collecting the kids, travelling etc and love the lemon one, tastes like a real treat!"
Me "you feel good taking them and body fat droping?"
Client - "well not seeing any major changes in body fat yet"
Me - "out of interest how often are you taking a bar?"
Client - "oh 2 maybe three times a day, with a piece of fruit and maybe one after dinner, you know"
Me "ok hand me back that box please and step away from the quest bars slowly as you are going overkill on them!!!"
Haha, no, they are treats. 95% proper food here, I promise.

Always wary of US orders as been stung with stupidly high customs charges before, but I might try iherb anyway seeing as people seem to have had good experiences.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion