Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-02-2012, 21:58   #1
PTheArtist

Business - ABQs - How do I tackle them?

Hey guys,

Is there anybody who can explain to me how to actually form an answer for the ABQ in Business? I have a brilliant teacher, but he had to leave a week before the mocks and wont be back until after the mid-term break, and we haven't actually done a ABQ for ages.

I know that you have to refer to the text given, but do you have to make your point, then quote a sentence from the text which is relevent to the point you make? ABQs are my biggest downside to Business for me, and I need to try and get as much points in the ABQ as I possible can, and improve on my ABQs after the mocks.

Thanks.
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 22:20   #2
SureYWouldntYa

Read - Refer - Do well
Dont read - Dont quote - Do badly

State explain quote

Always refer to name of person or business when answering ( eg When explaining how ABC Ltd. brought about empowerment, use the name of company and person behind it rather than using your definition) Thats how you get your marks
01-02-2012, 22:35   #3
PTheArtist

Okay thanks!

So let's say the question was

"Outline the benefits to a firm for preparing a cash flow forecast. Refer to ABC Ltd. in your answer"

Do I state the first benefit by saying "A cash flow forecast forces businesses to plan for the future", then explain how a cash flow forecast forces ABC Ltd to plan for the future by refering to the text, then make a quote to back up my explaination?
01-02-2012, 23:18   #4
SureYWouldntYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTheArtist View Post
Okay thanks!

So let's say the question was

"Outline the benefits to a firm for preparing a cash flow forecast. Refer to ABC Ltd. in your answer"

Do I state the first benefit by saying "A cash flow forecast forces businesses to plan for the future", then explain how a cash flow forecast forces ABC Ltd to plan for the future by refering to the text, then make a quote to back up my explaination?
You'd be correct in saying that. Instead of "businesses to plan" say "businesses like ABC Ltd.". Its like an English question, needs a lot of focus but in the right way
04-02-2012, 12:27   #5
sarah_94

what about OL business ?? (debs)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion