Do you have any regrets? - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-02-2012, 17:13   #31
Bruce7
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elba101 View Post
Was reading an article just there about the most common things said on a death bed - number one being "I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me."

Have you ever been held back, or not done something, because you were too afraid of what people might think? Do you have any regrets?
I knew a guy once who, when under the influence of some chemicals, decided to strip naked and fight a cat to the death, mano a mano in a completely empty room. Man vs Beast if you will.

The cat scratched and bit the sh*t out of him, damaging one of his eyes and messing up his face. One of the cuts on his legs got infected with some nasty sh*t but he was too ashamed to go to the doctor about it. When he finally did, it was too late, and he had to have part of his leg amputated.

I'd say he'll probably regret that more than the dreams he never pursued or the songs he never sang.

He didn't even manage to hurt the cat that much, let alone kill it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 17:14   #32
pebbles21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
My dog died today, and I have to bury him.

I regret not spending more time with him and loving him more. I regret that his injuries were so serious and nothing could be done. I regret that that he died. I loved him.
That must be hard for you,my dog died last week too,he accidently got into the washing machine and subsequently drowned ...

But at least he died in Comfort...
01-02-2012, 17:20   #33
KKkitty

I regret not being the daughter my parents wanted me to be. They did everything they could as regards raising me and it seems like as soon as I turned 18 I slapped it all back in their faces. It's only since they died I realise how selfish I was.
01-02-2012, 17:36   #34
theg81der

Em....all my regret are things I had no control over, think I`ve played things pretty well from the hand I`ve been dealt. Those common regrets don`t apply to me at all so I know I`m not doing so bad!
Thanks from:
01-02-2012, 18:24   #35
Spread
Closed Account

Yes. Buying a single vinyl copy of Piaf's Je Ne Regret Rien in a flea market. Forgot I'd thrown out the 3 in 1 years ago
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 18:37   #36
boobar

I had a chance to take a photo of my daugher (who was only a baby at the time) sitting on her uncle's lap a few years ago.

Her uncle was only 19 at the time and had a very cool car. Like a knob, I took a photo of my daughter sitting in his car instead.

The uncle died a few months later.

Not taking the photo of them together...that's my regret. Would have been nice to say to her in a few years, that's you with your uncle ....... he was a great guy.
01-02-2012, 18:58   #37
bodhrandude

Yes, never really finding love and its probably too late now having been single for a long, long time. I was a victim of school bullying which destroyed my confidence and I wonder if I will ever repair this.
(2) thanks from:
01-02-2012, 19:04   #38
RichieC
Closed Account

Regrets, I have many.
01-02-2012, 19:36   #39
Seachmall

Send a message via ICQ to Seachmall Send a message via MSN to Seachmall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce7 View Post
I knew a guy once who, when under the influence of some chemicals, decided to strip naked and fight a cat to the death, mano a mano in a completely empty room. Man vs Beast if you will.

The cat scratched and bit the sh*t out of him, damaging one of his eyes and messing up his face. One of the cuts on his legs got infected with some nasty sh*t but he was too ashamed to go to the doctor about it. When he finally did, it was too late, and he had to have part of his leg amputated.

I'd say he'll probably regret that more than the dreams he never pursued or the songs he never sang.

He didn't even manage to hurt the cat that much, let alone kill it.
By "cat" do you mean "HOLY MOTHERFUCKER IT'S A FUCKING LION!!" by any chance?

If not, sweet Jesus. Fair play to the cat.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 19:40   #40
skregs

Anyone who says they have no regrets is a stupid cock who has never learned anything.
01-02-2012, 19:43   #41
Mickey Lover

Quote:

I regret not spending more time with him and loving him more. I regret that his injuries were so serious and nothing could be done. I regret that that he died. I loved him.
Aw that's so sad I'm sure you loved the little fella when he was here - sad news to hear
01-02-2012, 20:10   #42
marty1985

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Sindri. I dread the thought of my dog dying. Hope you're OK.
01-02-2012, 20:25   #43
bluewolf
being awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by skregs View Post
Anyone who says they have no regrets is a stupid cock who has never learned anything.
On the contrary, I've learned quite a lot, and I am happy with where I am today
01-02-2012, 20:27   #44
Captain Darling
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
On the contrary, I've learned quite a lot, and I am happy with where I am today
This.
Thanks from:
01-02-2012, 20:30   #45
frozenfrozen

"I left one million euro in the........................."