Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Worked for me on the Sky website too. Its activated. Had to go through a checkout process and everything.

havent got my Sky box connected by ethernet yet, will hook it up this evening.
    Also still on the old EPG so dont know if that is relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Zed1601 wrote: »
    That's weird. It worked for me this morning. I was getting that same error for the last few weeks but it went through this morning.

Same, worked fine for me too.

Downloaded about 32% of Moonraker in HD now in an hour. Seems to be going quicker than I thought it might with my internet speed. Shall be happier with the content once a lot more of it gets sorted in HD at some point, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

Tried it again just now and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Lads I just went through the whole process there to checkout, how long will I be waiting for it to kick in on the box?

Edit: Just working now, looks good ITV Player working perfectly.. wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Lads I just went through the whole process there to checkout, how long will I be waiting for it to kick in on the box?

I went and connected the box via ethernet within like a minute of signing up on the site, was all working by then.

• Advertisement

Racket wrote: »
    I went and connected the box via ethernet within like a minute of signing up on the site, was all working by then.

Thanks mate its working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Edit: Just working now, looks good ITV Player working perfectly.. wasn't expecting that.
    Itv didn't show up for me.
    You doing card trick?
    Whose your bb with?

billbond4 wrote: »
    You doing card trick?
    Whose your bb with?

Ya im doing the card trick but not sure if that makes a difference, broadband with ripplecom. The ITV player is the first one under Library, Channels on my box.

You doing card trick?
    Whose your bb with?

Ya im doing the card trick but not sure if that makes a difference, broadband with ripplecom. The ITV player is the first one under Library, Channels on my box.
    Cool. Must have a proper look when I get home. As I'm doing card trick too. I was expecting there to be a catchup tab and all the players would be in there

Cool. Must have a proper look when I get home. As I'm doing card trick too. I was expecting there to be a catchup tab and all the players would be in there

Just looking through the ITV player section there now and it doesn't seem to be the full player, seems to be a selection of all the ITV channels, better then nothing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Set it up there...Activated through sky website..all ok...Then hooked up box to ethernet cable...But its not working. Just has the content that was already there :(...anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭zg3409

It's not working for everybody. The title of this thread is wrong. It has not been launched yet.

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Set it up there...Activated through sky website..all ok...Then hooked up box to ethernet cable...But its not working. Just has the content that was already there :(...anyone any ideas?

Took about 5 min to kick in for me, just keep the Ethernet cable plugged in and it should come eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 owensheehan

Just Activated it online and have already used it. ITV player is also on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Does ITV player only work if you are currently using card trick ?
    also what is the box sets selection like

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Mine is set up and working, including ITV player.
    Any idea why we can't get catchup in ROI?

ITV Player just seemed to work for me, pressed okay on a program and it downloaded, I have not done anything with my card. The box sets in the actual box set section are mostly skys own shows, and things like Mad men (season 5), Greys anatomy(season8), and doctor who(season 3). But there are a lot of other programs in the library with multiple episodes, like the Walking dead, but not full box sets. Also Sky store needs a phone line to rent movies, it doesn't use the LAN.

The wireless connector is 13€ from sky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

does it HAVE to be set up via ethernet? Just the usb wifi card for the mammys laptop kept cutting out so she is connected to the router via ethernet, and it is like the other side of the room from the skybox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭zg3409

hdowney wrote: »
    does it HAVE to be set up via ethernet?
    Ethernet or an ethernet to Wifi adapter. It needs very good internet access. The service is not officially launched yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Can't seem to get the order for the wireless connector through.
    I get to the checkout part and fill in the details and it buy but it just keeps going back to the checkout page.

Always something!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is the streaming instant, say like Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Batesy wrote: »
    I get to the checkout part and fill in the details and it buy but it just keeps going back to the checkout page.

Always something!!

Me too. I was assuming that it's because I don'y have the epg update.

Batesy wrote: »

Always something!!

me two...says enter correct email address which i have already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

zg3409 wrote: »
    Ethernet or an ethernet to Wifi adapter. It needs very good internet access. The service is not officially launched yet.
    According to sky it has:
    http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/on-demand/index-roi.html

does showcase appear automatically when you connect up or do you have to wait for it to be downloaded...i have it connected an hour now and nothing has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

does showcase appear automatically when you connect up or do you have to wait for it to be downloaded...i have it connected an hour now and nothing has happened
    It's recorded by your box overnight, usually takes 3-4 days before you see any significant amount of content appear under it.

adox wrote: »
    Is the streaming instant, say like Netflix?

It doesn't on my box anyway. But I am still waiting on the update, so it may be different on a box with the update. When you select a program it will put a record symbol next to it or under it (depending on the menu) then it will either say downloading or scheduled, when you go to the Downloads part of your planner it will be in there. It will queue multiple programs and download one at a time. It will allow you to play the program once about 3% is downloaded (this is shown in the description).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

me two...says enter correct email address which i have already :(

Same as that, pure annoying

Advertisement