Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

24-01-2012, 19:30   #1
blackiebest

Lyoness warning

Boardsies, beware! There is a pyramid scheme involving a loyalty card scheme called 'Lyoness' running in Sligo, a meeting room in the Belfry, on a Monday night. It is bull****, I sat through the entire presentation last night. These fukkin cnuts should be jailed IMO. I took delight in asking some difficult questions last night but it has really been bothering me ever since. I mean a 'Businessman' I know asked me to attend and I did so in good faith. I've been around a bit and know that when somone starts to tell you its 'not a pyramid' scheme, its time for the door.

You've been warned, avoid like the clap or better still go and make him squirm by asking the questions they hate! Pm me for any pointers.

Pricks, taking advantage of gullible prople and asking them to do the same to friends and family!
Advertisement
24-01-2012, 20:10   #2
red sean

C'mon Blackiebest, tell us more. Ya've us hooked.
How does this scam work? Is it door to door or telesales?
Is there an "investment" involved?
Tell as much as you can because from my experience somebody will get sucked in. Especially in times like these when everybody is strapped for cash. The more people are aware the better.
Thanks from:
24-01-2012, 22:36   #3
Corvus Maximus

This is the warning that is not a warning. Meaning - thanks for the warning, but since we haven't a clue what's involved ect, how are we actually warned?
24-01-2012, 22:59   #4
red sean

Found this since my last post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056384591
25-01-2012, 03:01   #5
UrbanSea

I'm going to say it.

I don't get it
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 08:31   #6
blackiebest

Ok, atm i am on an ipad and hate typing on the fukkin thing, google lyoness+ boards. So much reading on it. GO to Embassy rooms monday evening, listen and marvel that a former "businessman of the year" per the Chamber, is the main person in Sligo promoting this scam. I audio recorded the presentation and when i get time will edit and post some of it, absolutely raging with myself that i did not bring the vid camera as then i deffo think there could be criminal charges. Bastards
25-01-2012, 08:35   #7
blackiebest

Hah, lets have a Boardsie meet @this! Would be funny and head wreckin for them :-)
25-01-2012, 09:39   #8
bennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackiebest View Post
Hah, lets have a Boardsie meet @this! Would be funny and head wreckin for them :-)
Thats sounds good we can all have a question to ask so you would be able to spot the boardsie from the questions.
Thanks from:
25-01-2012, 11:42   #9
SligoLady

I was invited along last week by 2 business people who are very much sucked into it. I couldn't believe how bad the presentation was, the 2 guys who were presenting it are only in the scheme a few months themselves and the scheme is so complicated that they admitted they didn't even know how every bit of it works. They were useless when questioned, the most common answer being 'because I know it's a great scheme'. Yeh, that's great but you're not exactly inspiring confidence, ha!
I had to laugh when 1 guy very directly asked them if there was any upfront money in order to receive a 'loyalty' shopping card (which this is all based on) to which the presenter said very definitely 'NO, they're FREE!' and re-iterated that throughout the presentation. After a long while it became clear that the cards cost you, the person giving them out, €2 a pop and the person you're giving them to has to buy €300 worth of vouchers to spend in 1 of the Lyoness partnered stores before they can use the card. Your man who asked the question in the first place then said, 'So you're telling me now that you have to pay €300 upfront?' Well it was funny watching the presenter try to wriggle out of that 1!

I could rattle on about the cons of this all day long! I was absolutely fuming that I had wasted 3 hours of my life at this presentation and feel sorry for those that are stupid enough to get sucked into it... then again, if you're stupid enough to get involved then you probably deserve what you get!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 12:08   #10
blackiebest

OK. Keyboard...

This is wrong in every sense of the word. I have been through enough horsesh1t in the last few years to have any tolerance of these pyramid type robbing fleecing clepto sh1te schemes. Thankfully on a personal note I have had the luck to land a very exciting opportunity and I am currently pursuing it 18hours a day, which is why I am so annoyed about this kind of crap. The entire premise of this is to suck in people you know i.e. friends and family, to this rotten scheme. To me it represents all that is wrong with society and breeds greed.

Straight up, I will not be going to any more meetings only because I am too busy and need to devote my time elsewhere however if any fellow boardsies would take as much pleasure as I would by attending and exposing how horrible this scheme is I would love to assist. Pm me and we talk on phone so as to familiarize yourself with what are the 'scam' elements to this and I will give you my experience and observations and you can listen to what was said when I was there. Easy to expose and doing Sligo society a favor by stopping this crap before it starts.

Hasta la victoria comrades!
25-01-2012, 12:09   #11
NewFrockTuesday
Banned

I thought there was a lady lion loose in Strandhill or something
25-01-2012, 14:05   #12
skinny90

what business's is it promoting?
25-01-2012, 16:37   #13
SligoLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny90 View Post
what business's is it promoting?
They have some big retailers on board actually, including Tesco and Argos but they haven't even launched the card properly here yet so you can't use the loyalty card in any stores. And when the cardc is launched, the retailers will only put the machines to accept the card in a handful of stores to start off with, if any.
25-01-2012, 16:47   #14
Casscade

scheme/scam?

I have also been introduced to such a scheme as the greatest thing since sliced bread and a 'no lose' scheme! Could there be such a thing? Don't think so, there is no perfection. You can be sure someone is making a lot of money out of this, but everyone can't, and most won't. Always beware when a thing is so complicated that those who are selling it, don't fully understand it and can't explain it. But they've already invested so are now under pressure to sell it on. If you smell a rat, there is usually one about!!
25-01-2012, 20:39   #15
blackiebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SligoLady View Post
They have some big retailers on board actually, including Tesco and Argos but they haven't even launched the card properly here yet so you can't use the loyalty card in any stores. And when the cardc is launched, the retailers will only put the machines to accept the card in a handful of stores to start off with, if any.
Well when you say 'on board' that is true but misleading! They are 'on board' because they are prepaid for what are effectively gift vouchers. Gift vouchers normally achieve about 60% redemption, I think so its a good chance that any discount offered is more than made up for and they get paid UP FRONT. They will NEVER offer to take the Lyoness card at the till. That is my opinion but until it happens, and why would it?, it is FACT.
Thread Closed