Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-01-2012, 00:54   #61
cena

It would be nice to have some one to talk to. Etc. I feel lonely at times. Any single girls out there p.m me. Lol. Would prefer a lovely American women.
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 01:32   #62
cson

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudler View Post
I like the company, the getting to know each other bit, the giddy meeting someone new part, but I hate the stupid sh1t you wind up fighting about, the silent treatment, all the crap that goes along with relationships, right now I'm not in the place to find someone, nor am I looking, yet strangely women like this, the past few times I've gone out with a "I'm not bothered" attitude I've gotten chatted up, its mental!
You're going out just for the night out without any inclination toward meeting someone ergo you're probably relaxed and confident in yourself. That's an attractive vibe to give off to the Laydeez hence the attention.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2012, 07:16   #63
Seomra Mushie
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
It would be nice to have some one to talk to. Etc. I feel lonely at times. Any single girls out there p.m me. Lol. Would prefer a lovely American women.
How very specific!
25-01-2012, 15:16   #64
cena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seomra Mushie View Post
How very specific!
Well I've always said I would like to go out or marry an American lady.
I remember going to the head masters office and say that.
Thanks from:
25-01-2012, 18:23   #65
fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by beks101 View Post
[

Some day, maybe someone will inspire that leap of commitment in me, but this idea that I'm half the person I could be or that there's some big void in my life...perplexing.
Just because people would like to be in a relationship and share their life with someone doesn't mean they think they're half the person they could be... (rarr)

I don't like this undercurrent in a way that admitting you'd like someone in your life is sort of weak. and no I don't believe its the magic solution for happiness. I'm choosy about who I let in. That's why I'm single. and would prefer to remain so than be in an unsatisfying relationship.
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 20:35   #66
beks101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits View Post
Just because people would like to be in a relationship and share their life with someone doesn't mean they think they're half the person they could be... (rarr)

I don't like this undercurrent in a way that admitting you'd like someone in your life is sort of weak. and no I don't believe its the magic solution for happiness. I'm choosy about who I let in. That's why I'm single. and would prefer to remain so than be in an unsatisfying relationship.
I never said someone was 'weak' for wanting a relationship, I'd love one myself and would have the same attitude as you - not just anyone will do.

I'm speaking more to the attitude that I've encountered again and again that being single is some sort of deficiency and the many people I've met who physically can't not be in a relationship. I've lots of (mostly female) friends who have been single maybe a few weeks between relationships since they were teenagers, the same girls whose first question to me will be 'how's the love life', 'any boys' etc and will actively try to set me up with their boyfriends' single friends, which is beyond insulting.

I don't have that same motivation to define myself or my life through my relationship status so it baffles me.
25-01-2012, 22:03   #67
Acacia

The last time I was single , I was very happy with it, having just got out of an awful relationship. I'd count it as one of the best times of my life. Now, I'm very happy in a relationship, but as others have said, it's because the person is right for me rather than feeling like I have to be with someone to be happy.
(2) thanks from:
26-01-2012, 00:06   #68
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

I'm happy single but it would be nice to be able to approach women and chat them up and feel confident and not feel like a dopey eejit . Dam you shyness *shakes fist*
26-01-2012, 00:26   #69
Babybuff
Closed Account

This thread has done weird things to me, I'm now looking at people and thinking about them in a ltr light. Help.
Advertisement
26-01-2012, 00:34   #70
Chuck Stone
Closed Account

I only like women between the age of 27 and 34½, in middle management, weigh between 9½ and 11 stone, natural blonde hair, over 5ft10 but below 6ft, full set of good teeth, well proportioned calf muscles, an IQ over average but not higher than mine (narrow window).

Can't understand why I'm single.

Na, but seriously.... Male opinion alert.

In my view a strengthening aspect of a good relationship is the room to be 'single' in it. Now I'm not talking about going out and having sex with strange women.

What I mean is that if you don't have room for your own thoughts, a little time alone, or with friends outside of the relationship then you're asking for trouble.

Haven't had a relationship of any substance for a couple of years now and I'm usually okay with it but do get the odd time when I think 'this moment would be nice to share with someone special'.
31-01-2012, 22:55   #71
Fea.

Do I like being single? wow... I don't know, I honestly haven't decided yet. I'm only single about 18 months now after a long marriage and I go through so many different emotions I'm not sure what I am

Some days are desperately lonely, most definitely. Some days are great and I feel like a new woman and able for anything. Other days I look in the mirror and think "well hun, you had your day, thats it for you now" and end up severely depressed thinking there will never be any guy on this planet that would even look at me sideways let alone come near me lol

I'm not looking though, I don't feel ready to even think that way, so maybe I'm just still settling into the single life. Anyone have any ideas on how long this will take???
01-02-2012, 22:08   #72
JoJo_zuikutis

Send a message via Skype™ to JoJo_zuikutis
im in a relationship and im very happy much prefer being in a relationship than being single tbh.

if your in a right relationship then it shouldnt feel by any means restricting. and if someone is unhappy in their relationship there's no point being in that relationship if they're unhappy, even if they're scared of being single. best to more on and find one which makes them happy.
(2) thanks from:
02-02-2012, 23:08   #73
twirlagig

I love it, tbh. Love my own space, my own bed, getting up/going to bed when you want, FULL control of the remote, no empty milk cartons in the fridge

The only times I feel like I am missing out is maybe on those cold nights when curling up on the couch with a guy watching a dvd is just lovely, or when you get a wedding invite for 'twirlagig & friend' etc.... But still, I'm happy enough as I am, thank god

A bit off thread, but I wonder how many people have 'friends with benefits'
(5) thanks from:
16-02-2012, 18:02   #74
Pippy1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
I need some F.U.N, sick of this crap. Where are all the hunks.
That is an awesome statement. I'm feeling the same but God, that made me laugh! Thanks a million

pips
16-02-2012, 18:35   #75
wivy

i love being single!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twirlagig View Post
A bit off thread, but I wonder how many people have 'friends with benefits'
a few of my friends have this on the go.. jealous! I want one!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion