Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Planning Meeting WFA

• 21-01-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I've just seen this on facebook if anyone is interested.There's going to be a planning meeting held at Collins Barracks on the 28th of January at 2pm to discuss the formation of a Dublin branch of the Western Front Association.The meeting is open to all for anyone who wishes to go,just ask at reception for the Learning Resource Room.

Western Front Association main web page
    http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The Cork branch already has huge attendance at its events. So many people realising they had an ancestor who fought in WW1 and wanting to know more about it, WFA and the experts within, are the first(neutral) point of contact they find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

The Cork branch already has huge attendance at its events. So many people realising they had an ancestor who fought in WW1 and wanting to know more about it, WFA and the experts within, are the first(neutral) point of contact they find.

The Cork branch has indeed started off well and has some very knowledgeable members on board who provide some great assistance to people looking into their families past.I keep meaning to get to the meetings but time or money always seems to be against me for now,hopefully soon I'll sort out my own membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

OK lads according to this post on the H&H forum the Dublin branch is about to be set up,info to be found on link to the thread here

Advertisement