Dublin Planning Meeting WFA - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-01-2012, 10:50   #1
arnhem44

Dublin Planning Meeting WFA

I've just seen this on facebook if anyone is interested.There's going to be a planning meeting held at Collins Barracks on the 28th of January at 2pm to discuss the formation of a Dublin branch of the Western Front Association.The meeting is open to all for anyone who wishes to go,just ask at reception for the Learning Resource Room.

Western Front Association main web page
http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-01-2012, 13:47   #2
goldie fish
Closed Account

The Cork branch already has huge attendance at its events. So many people realising they had an ancestor who fought in WW1 and wanting to know more about it, WFA and the experts within, are the first(neutral) point of contact they find.
Thanks from:
22-01-2012, 21:02   #3
arnhem44

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie fish View Post
The Cork branch already has huge attendance at its events. So many people realising they had an ancestor who fought in WW1 and wanting to know more about it, WFA and the experts within, are the first(neutral) point of contact they find.
The Cork branch has indeed started off well and has some very knowledgeable members on board who provide some great assistance to people looking into their families past.I keep meaning to get to the meetings but time or money always seems to be against me for now,hopefully soon I'll sort out my own membership.
Thanks from:
05-02-2012, 12:01   #4
arnhem44

OK lads according to this post on the H&H forum the Dublin branch is about to be set up,info to be found on link to the thread here

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion