Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2012, 13:12   #316
fergiesfolly

Can't help but notice that a lot of these posts are looking for tech help and problems using basic functions. I'm not averse to mucking around with PCs or laptops to improve them, but if all I want to use a tablet for is web browsing and watching video, would I not be better off just going into PCWorld etc and paying €200 for a tablet that'll do that and save myself some hassle. And if Thats the case, can someone recommend one that will do just that in a bricks and mortar store

Last edited by fergiesfolly; 23-03-2012 at 13:17.
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 14:42   #317
dMaN24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscl1 View Post
which tab did you order and where from? i want to order another one in the next few days.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/9052...Tablet-PC.html
Thanks from:
23-03-2012, 15:37   #318
Jarren

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiesfolly View Post
Can't help but notice that a lot of these posts are looking for tech help and problems using basic functions. I'm not averse to mucking around with PCs or laptops to improve them, but if all I want to use a tablet for is web browsing and watching video, would I not be better off just going into PCWorld etc and paying €200 for a tablet that'll do that and save myself some hassle. And if Thats the case, can someone recommend one that will do just that in a bricks and mortar store
How about just getting Blackberry Playbook then?

16gb version should cost you about 220 Eurosfrom Brick and mortar store,easy to use and suitable for your needs.
23-03-2012, 15:47   #319
Amalgam

Send a message via MSN to Amalgam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarren View Post

16gb version should cost you about 220 Eurosfrom Brick and mortar store,easy to use and suitable for your needs.
I totally agree, with Jarren and fergiesfolly. The build quality of the Playbook and the maturity of version 2.0 OS makes it a perfectly viable choice.

Had I known, before ordering my Aurora, about the cat and mouse shenanigans, trying to get Android Market\Play Store to stay stable or act normally (all apps visible..), I'd have bought a Playbook instead.

Not just from the hardware perspective, but I don't want to be a Google slave, quite happy to avail of their services, but on my own terms.

Anyone with hardware and software issues could do no worse than browse here:

Main forums: http://www.slatedroid.com/

Ainol specific: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/274-...0-cpu-devices/

I have another 2 weeks before mine arrives, if ever..
23-03-2012, 16:32   #320
eamonnq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
I totally agree, with Jarren and fergiesfolly. The build quality of the Playbook and the maturity of version 2.0 OS makes it a perfectly viable choice.

Had I known, before ordering my Aurora, about the cat and mouse shenanigans, trying to get Android Market\Play Store to stay stable or act normally (all apps visible..), I'd have bought a Playbook instead.

Not just from the hardware perspective, but I don't want to be a Google slave, quite happy to avail of their services, but on my own terms.

Anyone with hardware and software issues could do no worse than browse here:

Main forums: http://www.slatedroid.com/

Ainol specific: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/274-...0-cpu-devices/

I have another 2 weeks before mine arrives, if ever..
I think they work 'quite well' out of the box, some things however can be improved upon easily and make them well worth doing.

The aurora is a lovely tablet with an excellent quality screen.
Advertisement
23-03-2012, 19:16   #321
fergiesfolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarren View Post

Was there some issue about the Playbook having to sync with a blackberry phone for some services to work?
I know, I know. Lazy. I'll google it, but I'm, gettin sick of googling tablets. I'll spend less time on it, when I have it, than I have looking for one.
23-03-2012, 20:12   #322
Do-more

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiesfolly View Post
Was there some issue about the Playbook having to sync with a blackberry phone for some services to work?
I know, I know. Lazy. I'll google it, but I'm, gettin sick of googling tablets. I'll spend less time on it, when I have it, than I have looking for one.
No they changed that with a software update.
24-03-2012, 16:52   #323
Thargor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloam View Post
Got delivery of the Ainoi Novo 7 Paladin from the OP this morning. Seems to be working fine, except for the fact that Mac OS and Windows don't recognize it as a storage device, as a result I'm unable to install the clean ROM that was suggested a few posts back. Can anyone help?
I have a similar problem, just got a Paladin as a gift and every time I look at the MicroSD card it says its broken and needs to reformat, so I let it format and then a while later its broken again, I installed the drivers manually myself but it hasn't made much difference.
26-03-2012, 10:29   #324
dMaN24

My pad left Hong Kong yesterday. Any estimates on when i can expect it? Shipped with DHL.
Advertisement
26-03-2012, 11:40   #325
eamonnq

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMaN24 View Post
My pad left Hong Kong yesterday. Any estimates on when i can expect it? Shipped with DHL.
Tomorrow or Wednesday I would say!!
26-03-2012, 16:39   #326
Proxy

My Paladin shipped from China on Friday, seemingly, despite Focalprice telling me it shipped two weeks previously. Should have it this week then. Pity I'm getting it delivered to the homeplace in Galway rather than where I am in Dublin (I wouldn't be able to collect).
26-03-2012, 16:56   #327
eamonnq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
My Paladin shipped from China on Friday, seemingly, despite Focalprice telling me it shipped two weeks previously. Should have it this week then. Pity I'm getting it delivered to the homeplace in Galway rather than where I am in Dublin (I wouldn't be able to collect).

Don't hold your breath!!, post from China can be ridiculously slow sometimes, 30-45 days is not unusual.
26-03-2012, 16:58   #328
Mr E
Administrator

For regular post, sure.
When using a courier (DHL/EMS), it's generally quicker.
26-03-2012, 17:31   #329
eamonnq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
For regular post, sure.
When using a courier (DHL/EMS), it's generally quicker.

Ooops, of course, I just assumed that it was coming via regular post.
26-03-2012, 17:52   #330
Paddy_man

Send a message via MSN to Paddy_man Send a message via Yahoo to Paddy_man Send a message via Skype™ to Paddy_man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
Proxy, You might be lucky by shipping it to Galway. Mine was held up in customs, sent though the Paperwork to DHL, Tablet arrived the next day with NO extra charges

Unfortunately I'm having touchscreen issues though, seems to read pressure (a touch) on one corner without touching it every few mins, might have to open her up...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion