Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-01-2012, 11:25   #16
Jonny7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebaron View Post
There is no sidestep and no contradiction in my post. It was your mistake.

I'll try to simplify it for you. A town mayor puts his backing and endorsement behind the local rackateer and credits him for being a pillar of the community in turn for kickbacks.

The same mayor runs a campaign of smear, harassment and violence against a community activist who is assisting local businesses to qualify for loans that are not controlled by the mayor or the racketeer.

Poor mayor can't catch a break.

Your post painted you into a corner, mate.
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.
Jonny7 is offline  
Advertisement
24-01-2012, 11:28   #17
davoxx
Banned
 
davoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: on the streets.
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.
you are right there!!! the us is contradictory and hypocritical ... i feel like we made a break through
davoxx is offline  
25-01-2012, 00:01   #18
jackiebaron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On the lunatic fringe
Posts: 3,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.
I don't "support" any dictator. Your glorious US....the "free-est" country in the history of the planet.....so said....claims to have bombed Afghanistan to powder and your feeble excuse is that you want to have Afghan peasant women liberated from their veils and burhkhas....and you expect anyone with an IQ above room-temperature to believe that crap. Saudi women are routinely stoned to death if they express a longing for another man, Uzbeck citizens can be boiled to death by Karimov and anally raped ON CAMERA, with broken bottles...a state that is called "an ally" by Hillary Clinton......and you talk about dictators?

You feeble weakness for "America's" love of the rest of the world is beginning to look and smell very nauseating.

US troops urinate on corpses.....and it's not an isolated incident.
jackiebaron is offline  
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2012, 00:36   #19
jackiebaron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On the lunatic fringe
Posts: 3,004
So why do Americans want paedos hanged?

But they have no problem with a soldier-thug killing children and getting 3 months detention?

How come most Americans can't speak for themselves? How come the majority of them have no individuality...no strength to go against the norm or the grain? How come they're so easy to con and manipulate?
It really is a brilliant exercise.
jackiebaron is offline  
25-01-2012, 10:56   #20
AngryBollix
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,514
He has been lacklustre at best as a US president. His importance to Africa takes a back seat to this
AngryBollix is offline  
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 12:32   #21
Jonny7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebaron View Post
I don't "support" any dictator. Your glorious US....the "free-est" country in the history of the planet.....so said....claims to have bombed Afghanistan to powder and your feeble excuse is that you want to have Afghan peasant women liberated from their veils and burhkhas....and you expect anyone with an IQ above room-temperature to believe that crap. Saudi women are routinely stoned to death if they express a longing for another man, Uzbeck citizens can be boiled to death by Karimov and anally raped ON CAMERA, with broken bottles...a state that is called "an ally" by Hillary Clinton......and you talk about dictators?

You feeble weakness for "America's" love of the rest of the world is beginning to look and smell very nauseating.

US troops urinate on corpses.....and it's not an isolated incident.
Couldn't fool me

I mean Obama helped get rid of that nasty dictator Gaddafi, that's a plus don't you think.

Lights fuse.. stands back...
Jonny7 is offline  
30-01-2012, 13:12   #22
jackiebaron
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: On the lunatic fringe
Posts: 3,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
Couldn't fool me

I mean Obama helped get rid of that nasty dictator Gaddafi, that's a plus don't you think.

Lights fuse.. stands back...
No I don't think it is a plus.

The Libyan people are now facing occupation and / or civil war but of course you know what's best for them don't you? You know what's best for bloody everyone.

The US got rid of democratically elected Mossadegh and installed the Shah in Iran who made Gadaffi or Saddam look like altar boys.....but of course that was for their own good too, wasn't it oh benevolent one? Same with Pinochet.

Your arguments are just looking increasingly hollow and represent the bleatings of someone who just can't bring themselves to admit when they're wrong.

Last edited by jackiebaron; 30-01-2012 at 13:17.
jackiebaron is offline  
30-01-2012, 13:49   #23
Jonny7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebaron View Post
No I don't think it is a plus.

The Libyan people are now facing occupation and / or civil war but of course you know what's best for them don't you? You know what's best for bloody everyone.
Occupation by who?

Civil war - they've just been through.

I just don't see any glaring faults in Obama's attitude/policy toward Africa. He has handled the Arab spring fairly well, and is actively helping in other areas, e.g. Uganda.
Jonny7 is offline  
30-01-2012, 15:26   #24
ed2hands
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
I just don't see any glaring faults in Obama's attitude/policy toward Africa.
Ok, leaving aside Libya and military interventions/invasions for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
ed2hands is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-01-2012, 00:57   #25
Jonny7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hands View Post
Ok, leaving aside Libya and military interventions/invasions for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
What invasions?
Jonny7 is offline  
31-01-2012, 01:43   #26
ed2hands
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
What invasions?
:)I'll rephrase that then.

Leaving aside Libya etc and political meddling/covert policies of regime change for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
ed2hands is offline  
31-01-2012, 07:50   #27
Manic Moran
Moderator
 
Manic Moran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Danville, California
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hands View Post
what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
Has he had one?

On the news two days ago:

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...138259974.html

Quote:
Africa Policy Watchers Lose Hope in President Obama

[...]

Since making a speech in Ghana in 2009 about how the United States would hold African leaders accountable to good governance and respecting democratic institutions, President Obama has not returned to the continent.

Emira Woods from Washington-based Foreign Policy in Focus says actual change though is more important than visits and speeches.

"Wonderful words, but very much unfulfilled," said Woods. "Those words have to be lived in terms of U.S. foreign policy and we are still waiting for them to be realized."
Manic Moran is offline  
31-01-2012, 10:32   #28
ed2hands
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
Has he had one?
Not any good ones apparently. Interesting article. As for his trade policies and tariffs, well that's another story.
ed2hands is offline  
31-01-2012, 15:15   #29
Jonny7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hands View Post
:)I'll rephrase that then.

Leaving aside Libya etc and political meddling/covert policies of regime change for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
Woah, there you go again Ed...

"political meddling/covert policies of[/I] regime change"

Care to explain what exactly you're referring to?
Jonny7 is offline  
31-01-2012, 15:40   #30
davoxx
Banned
 
davoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: on the streets.
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
Woah, there you go again Ed...

"political meddling/covert policies of[/I] regime change"

Care to explain what exactly you're referring to?
way to avoid the question ... almost seems like you are looking for an excuse ...
davoxx is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet