Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2012, 11:25   #16
Jonny7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebaron View Post
There is no sidestep and no contradiction in my post. It was your mistake.

I'll try to simplify it for you. A town mayor puts his backing and endorsement behind the local rackateer and credits him for being a pillar of the community in turn for kickbacks.

The same mayor runs a campaign of smear, harassment and violence against a community activist who is assisting local businesses to qualify for loans that are not controlled by the mayor or the racketeer.

Poor mayor can't catch a break.

Your post painted you into a corner, mate.
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.
Advertisement
24-01-2012, 11:28   #17
davoxx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny7 View Post
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.
you are right there!!! the us is contradictory and hypocritical ... i feel like we made a break through
25-01-2012, 00:01   #18
jackiebaron
Banned

Quote:
I don't "support" any dictator. Your glorious US....the "free-est" country in the history of the planet.....so said....claims to have bombed Afghanistan to powder and your feeble excuse is that you want to have Afghan peasant women liberated from their veils and burhkhas....and you expect anyone with an IQ above room-temperature to believe that crap. Saudi women are routinely stoned to death if they express a longing for another man, Uzbeck citizens can be boiled to death by Karimov and anally raped ON CAMERA, with broken bottles...a state that is called "an ally" by Hillary Clinton......and you talk about dictators?

You feeble weakness for "America's" love of the rest of the world is beginning to look and smell very nauseating.

US troops urinate on corpses.....and it's not an isolated incident.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2012, 00:36   #19
jackiebaron
Banned

So why do Americans want paedos hanged?

But they have no problem with a soldier-thug killing children and getting 3 months detention?

How come most Americans can't speak for themselves? How come the majority of them have no individuality...no strength to go against the norm or the grain? How come they're so easy to con and manipulate?
It really is a brilliant exercise.
25-01-2012, 10:56   #20
AngryBollix
Banned

He has been lacklustre at best as a US president. His importance to Africa takes a back seat to this
Advertisement
25-01-2012, 12:32   #21
Jonny7

Quote:
I don't "support" any dictator. Your glorious US....the "free-est" country in the history of the planet.....so said....claims to have bombed Afghanistan to powder and your feeble excuse is that you want to have Afghan peasant women liberated from their veils and burhkhas....and you expect anyone with an IQ above room-temperature to believe that crap. Saudi women are routinely stoned to death if they express a longing for another man, Uzbeck citizens can be boiled to death by Karimov and anally raped ON CAMERA, with broken bottles...a state that is called "an ally" by Hillary Clinton......and you talk about dictators?

You feeble weakness for "America's" love of the rest of the world is beginning to look and smell very nauseating.

US troops urinate on corpses.....and it's not an isolated incident.
Couldn't fool me

I mean Obama helped get rid of that nasty dictator Gaddafi, that's a plus don't you think.

Lights fuse.. stands back...
30-01-2012, 13:12   #22
jackiebaron
Banned

Quote:
Couldn't fool me

I mean Obama helped get rid of that nasty dictator Gaddafi, that's a plus don't you think.

Lights fuse.. stands back...
No I don't think it is a plus.

The Libyan people are now facing occupation and / or civil war but of course you know what's best for them don't you? You know what's best for bloody everyone.

The US got rid of democratically elected Mossadegh and installed the Shah in Iran who made Gadaffi or Saddam look like altar boys.....but of course that was for their own good too, wasn't it oh benevolent one? Same with Pinochet.

Your arguments are just looking increasingly hollow and represent the bleatings of someone who just can't bring themselves to admit when they're wrong.

Last edited by jackiebaron; 30-01-2012 at 13:17.
30-01-2012, 13:49   #23
Jonny7

Quote:
No I don't think it is a plus.

The Libyan people are now facing occupation and / or civil war but of course you know what's best for them don't you? You know what's best for bloody everyone.
Occupation by who?

Civil war - they've just been through.

I just don't see any glaring faults in Obama's attitude/policy toward Africa. He has handled the Arab spring fairly well, and is actively helping in other areas, e.g. Uganda.
30-01-2012, 15:26   #24
ed2hands
Closed Account

Quote:
I just don't see any glaring faults in Obama's attitude/policy toward Africa.
Ok, leaving aside Libya and military interventions/invasions for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-01-2012, 00:57   #25
Jonny7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hands View Post
Ok, leaving aside Libya and military interventions/invasions for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
What invasions?
31-01-2012, 01:43   #26
ed2hands
Closed Account

Quote:
What invasions?
:)I'll rephrase that then.

Leaving aside Libya etc and political meddling/covert policies of regime change for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
31-01-2012, 07:50   #27
Manic Moran

Quote:
what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
Has he had one?

On the news two days ago:

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...138259974.html

Quote:
Africa Policy Watchers Lose Hope in President Obama

[...]

Since making a speech in Ghana in 2009 about how the United States would hold African leaders accountable to good governance and respecting democratic institutions, President Obama has not returned to the continent.

Emira Woods from Washington-based Foreign Policy in Focus says actual change though is more important than visits and speeches.

"Wonderful words, but very much unfulfilled," said Woods. "Those words have to be lived in terms of U.S. foreign policy and we are still waiting for them to be realized."
31-01-2012, 10:32   #28
ed2hands
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
Has he had one?
Not any good ones apparently. Interesting article. As for his trade policies and tariffs, well that's another story.
31-01-2012, 15:15   #29
Jonny7

Quote:
:)I'll rephrase that then.

Leaving aside Libya etc and political meddling/covert policies of regime change for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?
Woah, there you go again Ed...

"political meddling/covert policies of[/I] regime change"

Care to explain what exactly you're referring to?
31-01-2012, 15:40   #30
davoxx
Banned

Quote:
Woah, there you go again Ed...

"political meddling/covert policies of[/I] regime change"

Care to explain what exactly you're referring to?
way to avoid the question ... almost seems like you are looking for an excuse ...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion