Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

12-03-2012, 00:54   #2746
Mickeroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
I don't.

Not did I ever want them to win it ahead of Chelsea either.

If they Taliban were challenging United for the title, I'd support the greatest team that Kabul has ever seen.
Yea, gotta be honest would rather see city win it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 01:02   #2747
gnfnrhead

You can't possibly want United to win, surely? City haven't really done anything to us except overpay for a few players. United are United. The only time I don't want them getting hammered is when they face spurs. In that case I want red cards and injuries galore for both sides! Whoever I want to win depends on where we are.

I have nothing really against City, but, I'm sure that will quickly change if they maintain their position as title contenders for the next few seasons at least. But now, I'd much rather City.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 01:02   #2748
gnfnrhead

Last edited by gnfnrhead; 12-03-2012 at 01:03. Reason: Yay for double posts :/
12-03-2012, 02:19   #2749
Radharc na Sleibhte

As much as i dislike United, I hate City and everything about them and everything they represent.
12-03-2012, 03:32   #2750
kryogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeroo View Post
Arsenal is the only club in the league that is run in a sustainable manner. City,Chelsea even tottenham, liverpool and united, they can't go on indefinitley the way they are. .

This seems a good place to point out, united are actually one of the best, and most profitably run football clubs in the world.
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 04:20   #2751
amacachi
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
Poor Samir Nasri.
**** him. Just out of interest has he done anything at City or shall I add him to my list of players who are ****ing useless once they leave Arsenal? How's Clichy getting on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvasean View Post
Feels so weird wanting United to win the league.
Same here. Still, mostly know Liverpool fans so cheering for United winds them up which softens the blow. Also if City can be denied the title this season and next then FFP comes in they'll never do it. Would be a nice historical lesson, see them liquidised.
12-03-2012, 06:44   #2752
Lahinchians

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogen View Post
This seems a good place to point out, united are actually one of the best, and most profitably run football clubs in the world.
huge fan base, but with 700million (last i heard) in debt and building, not very profitable.
12-03-2012, 09:00   #2753
greendom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
**** him. Just out of interest has he done anything at City or shall I add him to my list of players who are ****ing useless once they leave Arsenal? How's Clichy getting on?

Same here. Still, mostly know Liverpool fans so cheering for United winds them up which softens the blow. Also if City can be denied the title this season and next then FFP comes in they'll never do it. Would be a nice historical lesson, see them liquidised.
Clichy seems to have learned how to cross since he left
12-03-2012, 09:33   #2754
Redzer7

I absolutely hate United, I just hate City even more which I never thought was possible, I may be bitter but I don't want Nasri and the likes to win anything!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2012, 09:35   #2755
Oranage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post

Nasri hasnt been to playing too badly, he's been used in a different position than what he did at arsenal. One season at City he's nearly matched his assists record that he did 3 years at Arsenal though he takes a lot of their set pieces.

As for Clichy, he has improved his crossing, he's playing well too.
12-03-2012, 10:31   #2756
shano_88

Nasri started pretty well but hes been muck the last few months.

Clichy is playing well though.
12-03-2012, 10:56   #2757
keano_afc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvasean View Post
Feels so weird wanting United to win the league.
Have the feeling you're in the minority there pal. I hate United more than any other team, and its not even close. I never want to see them win, even when they play Spurs. Fair enough I preferred them to beat Spurs last week, but only after City had won first.
12-03-2012, 11:08   #2758
tipp_Gunner

I dont like United by any means but they might do Arsenal a big favour by winning the league. if RVP sees City having failed to win a trophy despite all the money they have spent then he may not be inclined to leave for them. Just a theory. It could be a long shot. of course we cant discount Real Madrid or Barca from finding RVP Madrid or Catalan DNA respectively either.
12-03-2012, 11:13   #2759
Pappa Dolla

Nope, I abhor City and their fans. More than United at the moment.

\edited: Of course Sp*rs are still enemy #1
12-03-2012, 11:14   #2760
Redzer7

Rosicky has signed a new contract I think, least thats what I've been told.
Thread Closed