Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2012, 21:50   #61
Queen of Sheebs

I had my son in Galway and can't speak highly enough of the care i received. I was in at 24 weeks at about 11 in the night for reduced movements and they were so kind and thorough. I was overdue and schedualed for an induction and again was admitted for 3 nights for reduced movements. They were again so kind and cautious. The second night after ds was born...i was exhausted and the midwives took him from 10 until 6 so i could sleep!! They were so busy yet very helpful. I was a private patient but don't think that made a difference. Good luck with your decision

Last edited by January; 22-02-2012 at 18:40. Reason: abbreviation - ds
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 10:19   #62
emmabrighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promac View Post
Hi ladies - expectant first-time dad here and we just discovered it's twins (fraternal).
Wow, twins - instant family! Exciting times. Glad to hear your OH is doing so well.

To all the ladies out there, just wondering if anyone else has been having or have had mood swings in their 9th week? I have been feeling so upset - things have been a bit stressful at work/extended family but am not sure if it is just me being upset over stuff or is it the pregnancy. Yesterday, I was on to my OH in work and just started crying for no reason.

Nothing I can do about either, I suppose. But would love to hear that its related to the pregnancy and everyone goes through this and that I am not alone feeling low.
17-02-2012, 10:28   #63
jeeney

Hi emerb, sorry I cant comment on either hosp for you. But I do know of a few who had their babies in Gal, and all had positive experiences.

Congrats Promac. How lucky were ye getting preggers so fast! And then to find out its twins. How exciting! Best of luck to ye.

Queen of sheebs - good to hear all is well with you. Good luck with your scan on tues by the way! I'm the exact same as you - nausea all day every day. So much for having an ease to the nausea earlier in the week... It's back to normal again for me! But it's a good sign I guess. I'm actually coming around to getting used to it now. Does anyone else feel like that? I just pray I dont get to the vomiting stage this time around. It's soooo not easy at work.

How are the rest of ye doing? Anyone else got dates for first apt? I've mine in 3 weeks.
17-02-2012, 10:36   #64
jeeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabrighton View Post
Wow, twins - instant family! Exciting times. Glad to hear your OH is doing so well.

To all the ladies out there, just wondering if anyone else has been having or have had mood swings in their 9th week? I have been feeling so upset - things have been a bit stressful at work/extended family but am not sure if it is just me being upset over stuff or is it the pregnancy. Yesterday, I was on to my OH in work and just started crying for no reason.

Nothing I can do about either, I suppose. But would love to hear that its related to the pregnancy and everyone goes through this and that I am not alone feeling low.
H emmabrighton,
I can relate to you re the above. I'm ok at the min (9 weeks 2mor), but I had a pretty stressful time at work around week 6. I really do believe i found it more difficult cos i was preggers. Usually I can handle irate customers ok, but definitely found it more difficult and it wore me out. So dont be hard on yourself. Cry if you want to cry - let your body respond and be kind to yourself!
17-02-2012, 12:35   #65
elaney

Ya Emma my moods are all over the place at the moment. It doesn't help
that i have to puke about ten times a day and i am so tired . Unfortunetly this is all normal.

Congrats promac on the twins how exciting!

Goodluck Queen of sheebs next week. Cant wait till i have my scan. Hopefully in the next few weeks.
Roll on the weekend so i can have a sleep in!!
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 18:40   #66
Queen of Sheebs

Anyone intending on getting the flu vaccine?
17-02-2012, 18:50   #67
TRISHKA

Hi
Queen of sheebs my doc gave me the flu vaccine the day she confirmed my pregnancy, I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I hadnt really thought/planned it before that visit but she advised as we were still in the flu season and your immune system is low because of the pregnancy there was no harm in getting it. I had never had it before and never had flu before either but glad I had it now, I think I read somewhere on the net today about hse announcing cases of flu had doubled in the last week and were asking all 'at risk' people to get vaccinated.

Can anyone recommend where to get a private scan in the northeast? I have the date for my scan at beginning of April when im 16 weeks I am seriously thinking about getting a private scan before that maybe beginning March when i'm12 weeks, all advise welcome
thanks
20-02-2012, 13:13   #68
TRISHKA

Starting getting really sore/swollen boobs last week so decided to treat myself to some maternity bras. Was in newry anyway over the weekend and called into debenhams, they had some maternity bras still in the sale, so got measured and I have jumped 2 cup sizes to an E cup, still the same across the back, got 3 bras in the sale for a little over 10stg so happy with that, as at this rate could be in a F or G cup before end of pregnancy
21-02-2012, 19:25   #69
Queen of Sheebs

Had my scan today....all is well and is measuring exactly to my dates! He/she looked like a real baby, which i wasn't expecting as I'm only 8w +3. It was so nice to see the heartbeat. They also found a cyst on my right ovary about 4cm in size which would explain some of the pains I've been having!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 09:47   #70
elaney

Thats great news queen of sheebs , Its such a relief to see the baby and the heartbeat.

I was lucky last time my boobs only went from a C to a D so i didn't have to buy too many bras. My morning sickness has worn off a bit thank God . We are going away at the weekend and i was dreading it but i was only sick a couple of times since the weekend. How is everyone else?
22-02-2012, 16:36   #71
one scared momma

count me in

Im 9 weeks and from using due date calculators looking like I'm due around the 26th of September. This wasn't planned and I am totally terrified! Labour was terrible 2nd time round due to a midwife that decided to be sarcastic when i told her my problem rather than actually help!

22-02-2012, 17:37   #72
emer_b

Hi again, I'm 9 1/2 weeks now and feeling good. Tiredness is the only thing affecting me now but thats not as bad as a few weeks ago. I had nausea for about 2 weeks but thats gone now thankfully. I know I'm really lucky to be feeling this well but have a small bit of anxiety that I should be feeling worse! The nasty symptoms kinda remind you that you're pregnant and feeling like you should be. I'm dying to get to the 12 weeks scan to make sure all is ok. Thought about getting an earlier scan but feel like I would be giving in to my worries, I should just be positive!
22-02-2012, 20:17   #73
MintyDoris

Evening All,

I'm tired and sick and grumpy this week

Finally got my first appointment at the hospital sorted today so just waiting for that. I'm finding work very stressful but trying to learn to let it pass over me

Can anyone confirm for me when the first scan is offered for public patients in Holles Street, Dublin?

Hope everyone is feeling ok

Last edited by MintyDoris; 22-02-2012 at 20:21. Reason: ad info
23-02-2012, 02:23   #74
Squiggler
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyDoris View Post
Can anyone confirm for me when the first scan is offered for public patients in Holles Street, Dublin?
Not until 27 weeks in my case (last pregnancy). In my experience and that of others I've spoken to they do not provide early (dating) scans, even on request. One acquaintance had to make threats of lawsuits to get his wife an early scan, even though she had had complications in her previous pregnancy and one was indicated as necessary.
Thanks from:
23-02-2012, 10:33   #75
jeeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggler View Post
Not until 27 weeks in my case (last pregnancy). In my experience and that of others I've spoken to they do not provide early (dating) scans, even on request. One acquaintance had to make threats of lawsuits to get his wife an early scan, even though she had had complications in her previous pregnancy and one was indicated as necessary.
God that's horrific squigs. Is Holles St really that busy that it cant give earlier appointments? I really feel for people that are in that situation. It's so unfair - just cos you live in one part of the country you're penalised like this. It's unbelievable the differences between public hosptials in this country. BTW hope you got a private scan sorted for yourself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion