Thinking of starting German-styled pub in Dublin - Page 5 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-04-2012, 13:50   #61
MusicDots

Super Idee! "Was der Ire nicht kennt, saeuft er nicht" ist totaler Schwachsinn, warum boomen denn als einzige wohl im Moment die Craft Beer- Pubs??? Jetzt ist genau der richtige Zeitpunkt, die Leute sind ein bisschen offener geworden und probieren auch gerne mal was Neues. Der Pub wuerde sich auf JEDEN Fall halten koennen in der Stadt, es gibt genug Deutsche in Dublin, deutsche Touristen, Iren, die schon in Deutschland gewohnt haben und das auch vermissen, und Leute, die froh sind, dass es endlich mal was anderes als Plörre zu trinken gibt (also unbedingt Werbung in den Craft Beer- Pubs machen, da ist die Kundschaft!). Ich stimme vorherigen Postern zu: bitte keinen Bayern-Pub! Wenn deutsch, dann richtig und nicht voll mit Klischees. Und wenn Du echt Bundesliga auf der Leinwand hast, dann wird das ein voller Erfolg!!!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-04-2012, 13:57   #62
The Corinthian
Roué

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicDots View Post
Ich stimme vorherigen Postern zu: bitte keinen Bayern-Pub! Wenn deutsch, dann richtig und nicht voll mit Klischees. Und wenn Du echt Bundesliga auf der Leinwand hast, dann wird das ein voller Erfolg!!!
Bah, Preussen...
03-04-2012, 13:59   #63
MusicDots

03-04-2012, 14:15   #64
Lawrence1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corinthian View Post
Bah, Preussen...
*sing* 'Bayern kommt zu Oesterreich'
05-04-2012, 21:12   #65
mahamageehad

Send a message via Yahoo to mahamageehad Send a message via Skype™ to mahamageehad
Would you have applewein? (Ebbolwoi)?
Advertisement
05-04-2012, 22:07   #66
Lawrence1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahamageehad View Post
Would you have applewein? (Ebbolwoi)?
Jemand aus Darmstadt, der Ebbelwoi mag? Ich dachte, das waere ein Frankfurter Getraenk

05-04-2012, 22:12   #67
Bullseye1
Closed Account

I'd love to visit your pub if you ever get it up and running. Some beautiful beers in Germany and I love the pub grub there.
05-04-2012, 22:19   #68
WIZE
Closed Account

I was a General Manager of an Irish Pub in Germany for 8 years

if you need any help pm me
09-04-2012, 11:51   #69
janullrich
Closed Account

Thanks for the comments guys. Research has shown that this is a runner. Problem is finance. Banks are not open to it as it is too risky. I looked at a franchaise with the Bavarian Beerhouse who have a few operations in London but they have not replied and secondly if you have a franchaise it would only sell their products and as anybody in Ireland knows a bar without a Guinness, Carlsberg or Heineken tap is not worth opening regardless of German beers! I have some funds myself but need to find a partner who would be interested in a operation such as this and prepared to invest in it.
Advertisement
14-04-2012, 02:18   #70
Little Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by janullrich View Post
Thanks for the comments guys. Research has shown that this is a runner. Problem is finance. Banks are not open to it as it is too risky. I looked at a franchaise with the Bavarian Beerhouse who have a few operations in London but they have not replied and secondly if you have a franchaise it would only sell their products and as anybody in Ireland knows a bar without a Guinness, Carlsberg or Heineken tap is not worth opening regardless of German beers! I have some funds myself but need to find a partner who would be interested in a operation such as this and prepared to invest in it.
Hauptsache keine solche Schankpisse!

I personally would love the idea of a pub without their "beer". I think der Ire would be quite receptive to a pub without Guinness' influence. I make it my business not to buy their products.

How much money are they looking for? Are you talking a couple of thousand or a couple of hundred thousand?
14-04-2012, 09:43   #71
Lawrence1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Alex View Post
Hauptsache keine solche Schankpisse!

I personally would love the idea of a pub without their "beer". I think der Ire would be quite receptive to a pub without Guinness' influence. I make it my business not to buy their products.

How much money are they looking for? Are you talking a couple of thousand or a couple of hundred thousand?
Why not having both Guinness and German beer on offer? Everyone would be catered for, imo
14-04-2012, 10:01   #72
Augmerson

I generally approve of a German-styled pub in our Fair City. I think the construction of such a pub, certain elements are vital. There should be plenty of space in the pub, not too crowded, good living space, so you don't spill your beer on someone and get in a fight. You also need good sturdy walls. Well, without them, the place would be cold and your customers would wander freely around which is not good. You want your customers to remain within the walls of the pub. You should also perhaps think about installing a vending machine. It's a good idea to put this near the tiolets, perhaps to the Far Right of the tiolets? It would sell things like German sausage and signed pictures of Helmut Kohl.
14-04-2012, 10:49   #73
peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augmerson View Post
I generally approve ...
Witzle g'macht ...koiner g'lacht
14-04-2012, 11:31   #74
Augmerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasant View Post
Witzle g'macht ...koiner g'lacht
Your cold sounds awful. May I suggest some Leipzig...I mean Lemsip?
14-04-2012, 11:36   #75
mikemac1

Get Erdinger on draft and I'll be there

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion